Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs?

We decided for our May "alone" trip to go to several places where we had not previously eaten. They are:

1st night - Raglan Road
    2nd night - Restaurant Marrakesh
    3rd night - Les Chefs des France
    4th night - Kouzzina

We had Kouzzina booked on a previous trip but had to change it due to some friends joining us last minute and no availability for a larger party at Kouzzina that night.

Adam
    DVC Member

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Good, solid choices!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries

Just finished getting our ADR's for October:

10/13 Wed ~ Cape May Buffet
    10/14 Thurs ~ Brown Derby (new to us)
    10/15 Fri ~ Grand Floridian Cafe
    10/16 Sat ~ Le Cellier

They are all between 6-7pm, I am not sure how late my parents will be staying out with us so I figured as close to a regular meal time as possible was best.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

9 days out now and I totally blew my chances or ADR'S. oh well pizza, turkey legs and hot dogs here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    9 days out now and I totally blew my chances or ADR'S. oh well pizza, turkey legs and hot dogs here we come.

We've covered this in other threads, but did you try restaurants in Downtown Disney and the resorts? I can't believe you cannot get a single ADR anywhere on property, at a non-peak time of year. A few years ago we planned a Thanksgiving trip just a few weeks out, and, while most restaurants were fully booked for the holiday, there was some availability, and we had a nice Thanksgiving meal at a resort hotel. We just took a bus there from the park we were visiting (another option is to go to Downtown Disney and get a hotel bus from there-or take a cab). If you are doing counter service meals, there are options, other than "fast food" types of things. The various world showcase countries in Epcot all have counter service restaurants, and some have some interesting options. Also Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion has a lot of options. Some of the hotels actually have pretty good counter service/food court options.

Yup, there are other places to try and I did but not where hubby wanted to go. He is hard to please so the one's he did want to go to are booked. So it's really ok we will just find something when we get hungry. We dont have any kids so we can be more selective and just grab and go. Im pretty flexible with eating whatever we find. I just know for next visit. Lesson learned. Quick and counter service is fine with us this trip.

Some of the counter service places at Downtown Disney sound pretty good, and, very likely are easier to get into, especially if you go at slightly "off" hours for lunch or dinner. I've never been, but I've heard there are some good restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin complex, which is an easy walk from Epcot-it would be worthwhile to walk over there and see if you can get in without a reservation; in fact, you probably can get into a lot of places along the Boardwalk as a walk-in; particularly if you stop by right when they open for dinner, or at the end of lunch. There are several restaurants, close together, so you could just pop into one after another, to see what's available. You might want to review the menus for those places with your hubby, and, if he is agreeable, at least in theory, you might decide to do a walk-through, and see what's available.

That's pretty much what we will do. Is walk around and ride the rides and then say hey Im hungry and go to the nearest restaurant to us and see if we can get in. If not, we will just keep walking and try each restaurant until we find one. Seems simple enough to me. I dont eat more than 600 calories a day so a small side salad would do it for me. He is the one with a HUGE appetite and love's buffets. So this will be interesting..Thank god for Garden Grocer and small frig's...lol

My mom wants to go in 3 weeks* just booked a QUICK last minute trip and Dinners r pretty much full but Lunches and breakfasts were easier to find* She got a few places she wanted

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

I booked for an August trip a few months ago:

Chef Mickey's (even at 14 they are my younger brothers favorites and no trip is complete without dinner here)

Kona Cafe (another favorite)

Teppan Edo (new to us)

Raglan Road (I've been but the rest of the family hasn't)

Tusker House (new to us)

We'll be there for 8 days staying in two rooms at POFQ and getting the dining plan for only one of the rooms which will just about cover all our sit down meals between the whole group.

I write a few blogs. Please check out: Disney Diversions for musings on Disney as theater. I am currently involved in a culture blog contest where I argue that Disney World is the cultural center of America. I would greatly appreciate your votes and comments!
    I love jewelry
    Cooking and baking exploits in a tiny NYC apartment

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rashiz, I'm not sure you'll be able to do that if all 8 of you are eating together.

I've never done the dining plan, but I believe if your room card says you have the dining plan for 4 people, then they'll only let you put 4 of the 8 on the dining plan.

Adriennek, didn't you run into that at Artist's Point in October?

Cathy

I just booked a trip in early August. I was surprised how many ADRs I could get, even though we're way past the 180 day window. Now if only I can overcome my hurricane paranoia...

Day 1 - Dinner at Chefs de France (our tradition to start out every trip is to get Grey Goose lemon slushies, watch Off-Kilter, and eat here before Illuminations.)

Day 2 - Lunch at Tusker House (I'm a recently converted vegetarian and this looks GOOD!) and dinner at Hoop-De-Doo (our 2nd time)

Day 3 - Lunch at Tony's (this is a tribute to my parents as it's the first restaurant they took me to on our first trip in 1982) and dinner at Liberty Tree (we've never been and the reviews are so positive.)

Day 4 - Lunch at 50's PT (this is a repeat from our December trip, I had so much fun watching them tease my husband) and dinner at Mama Melrose (another good place for a vegetarian.)

Day 5 - Breakfast at Akershus (I'm 33 with no kids, but I need my princess fix) and dinner at San Angel (they have a seperate vegetarian menu.)

Day 6 - Lunch at Le Cellier (a first time surprise for my husband) and dinner at Crystal Palace (again for the character fix, I love Pooh.)

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppypooh View Post
    Now if only I can overcome my hurricane paranoia...
    Slight derail - but the cool thing about hurricanes is you actually HAVE some warning. If you're already there, then Disney takes good care of their guests. If it delays your trip, then just roll with it! Airlines and Disney are really pretty good about allowing people to make changes if it's due to something like that!
    Cathy

Thanks Drince, you can derail my posts any time!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Rashiz, I'm not sure you'll be able to do that if all 8 of you are eating together.

I've never done the dining plan, but I believe if your room card says you have the dining plan for 4 people, then they'll only let you put 4 of the 8 on the dining plan.

Adriennek, didn't you run into that at Artist's Point in October?
    We had 3 adults on our keys and 4 adults in our group. You only can use as many credits on one sitting as you have on that reservation/card. So we paid for the 4th adult. The waiter was very nice and put all of the expensive items on the dining plan and only charged us for the inexpensive items and booze.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

OK we are only doing three on property ADR's this trip and they are as follows:

Tutto Italia
    Captain's Grille
    Ohana's

These will all be dinners and we have never been to any of them. We are psyched about our choices!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post

Tutto Italia
    Let me know if you like it! And if you don't like it don't hate me!
    Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post

Tutto Italia
    Captain's Grille
    Ohana's
    Just so you can be in the know, the restaurant in the Poly that you're going to is called 'Ohana, not Ohana's (it's polynesian, not Irish! ). And it's fantastic!!!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    Let me know if you like it! And if you don't like it don't hate me!
    Absolutely!
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Just so you can be in the know, the restaurant in the Poly that you're going to is called 'Ohana, not Ohana's (it's polynesian, not Irish! ). And it's fantastic!!!
    LMAO!! Now that's funny!!! And I got "dyounged" at the same time!! Thanks Dan. We are looking forward to it!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Leslie - in August 2008 I met a British family who had the free dining plan as part of their package and had not booked a single meal in advance. The resort staff helped them to find somewhere to eat every day. They did eat at DTD quite a few times but I saw them at the airport on the way home and they were quite happy with where they had eaten so I advise you to at least ask when you get to the resort.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

For our trip in Nov. we're thinking about:

Boma - dinner (obviously, they don't serve lunch, duh, and we're staying at AKL
    O'hana - dinner (again, duh, don't serve lunch)
    Raglan Road - lunch
    Portobello - dinner
    Yak & Yeti - lunch
    Via Napoli - the new pizza place when it opens in Italy - lunch

For Boma, Yak & Yeti, the pizza place and O'hana we'll be 4 adults, a 6.5 yr. old boy and a 2.75 yr. old boy

Raglan Road will just be me, DH and Cub (the 2.75 yr. old).
    Portobello will just be DH and I. The other couple will watch Cub that night and we'll trade and watch their son one night so they can go out.

Other places that we'll do that don't require ADRs will be:

Harbor House (a tradition for us) - lunch
    Pecos Bill's (same) - lunch
    Eating Around the World at the Food & Wine Festival - lunch

Any advice/thoughts/tips/tricks on our list?

Karin

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Leslie - in August 2008 I met a British family who had the free dining plan as part of their package and had not booked a single meal in advance. The resort staff helped them to find somewhere to eat every day. They did eat at DTD quite a few times but I saw them at the airport on the way home and they were quite happy with where they had eaten so I advise you to at least ask when you get to the resort.
    Thanks Scoobydooby, I will check into that upon checking in and see what we can come up with.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day 1 - Just swinging it...we are too tired the first day, so we go with the flow.

Day 2 - Yak and Yeti - AK

Day 3 - Garden Grill - EPCOT

Day 4 - The Plaza - MK

Day 5 - Tony's - MK

Day 6 - Somewhere at D.D. - DH hasn't decided yet...

After that, we are gonna go visit Grandmom at Vero Beach.

Stephanie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tappenfeat View Post
    Day 2 - Yak and Yeti - AK
    What day is that for you?

I think we are eating Yak and Yeti on 9/1
    Kristin