Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Gift Cards? [Can they be used for dining?]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Disney Gift Cards? [Can they be used for dining?]

I was wondering if you can use Disney Gift Cards at food locations? In particular Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Big Thunder BBQ, . Does anyone know of a food location where they are not accepted?
    Thanks

Take me to my city by the bay... Mrs Mouse's Avatar

You shouldn't run into any problems using gift cards at any of the counter service or table service locations. They can't be used at any of the food carts (popcorn, churros, etc.), however.

As for Big Thunder BBQ, I'm really not sure. Hopefully someone else can help you out there.

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles Schulz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I was wondering if you can use Disney Gift Cards at food locations? In particular Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Big Thunder BBQ, . Does anyone know of a food location where they are not accepted? Thanks
    They are not accepted at places like Churro carts, popcorn, etc.. Big Thunder Celebration BBQ hasn't opened, however, I would think it would be accepted. I'd ask when you make the ressie.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

FWIW, carts that are more permanent CAN take the giftcards...I've used mine many times at the fruit cart on main street and at the coffee "cart" to the left of the castle, the fruit "cart" near-ish bug's land, etc.

Also, the Roundup area was definitely set up for cards (which generally means they can take giftcards) last holiday season, as we used a card to pay for a decorate-your-own-cookie there. They had NOT been set up for that the year before. Now of course I realize that it was likely all with the icky bbq place (vegetarian here wondering why they are having a bbq near farm animals...makes me a bit sick to think about it) in mind...and I can't imagine they would take AWAY the ability to use cards...and so if they can still use cards there I imagine (from what CMs have told me) they will also be able to use giftcards.

Whew, that was long-winded.

Hey Hobbitfeet - I am taking DD and her BF to DLR later this year, and they're veggers. Can you recommend a good vegetarian meal and/or restaurant at the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppins View Post
    Hey Hobbitfeet - I am taking DD and her BF to DLR later this year, and they're veggers. Can you recommend a good vegetarian meal and/or restaurant at the park?
    You might want to check out some other threads here on MousePad. Here's one from a year ago about good vegetarian options at the DLR. You can find others by searching the forums for "vegetarian." Have a great trip!

veering off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Poppins View Post
    That's a good post you were pointed to, except it was kind of confusing with the "is the stock meat based" etc stuff.

I have since had a long convo with Chef Chris, the guy in charge of talking with people with food issues and allergies, and I am so happy with the veggie food.

I love the veggie platters at Rancho del Zocalo...the beans are not made with animal fat at all (they keep dieters, veggies, and a couple religious groups happy by doing this). They cook the things for veggie foods separately. Anything with "vegetarian" in the name is, indeed, vegetarian.

I recently saw the Pizzetta Salad at Wine Country Trattoria, and it can be made without the meat on top,and it's HUGE. I like the caprese sandwich there (though I actually had a kid's grilled cheese there last visit). Penne pasta with marinara at PLaza Inn. Kid's meals of penne there or bean burrito at Rancho or Cocina Cucamonga. Vegetarian gumbo or chili in bread bowls at Royal Street Veranda and Pacific Wharf Cafe respectively. The ratatouille at Cafe Orleans...oh incredible happy tastebuds!

Yay disney giftcards! (back on topic) I hope someone else can chime in with other places they can be used. (I'll tell you one place they canNOT be used, and that's at the Lego Store...Disney Dollars, however, CAN be used there, or at least they could in Sept '07 when I'd just *spent* my DDs and tried to use my giftcard there unsuccessfully. )

Gift card at Napa Rose

My sweet students (and parents) just gave me a generous gift card! Can I use it at the WONDERFUL Napa Rose? We're going in August-can't wait! Woo hoo!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't answer the question, but I've gotten gift cards that the people THOUGHT were for the Disney store or Disney in general, but they were ONLY good for the online store. I was kind of bummed when I realized that because I wanted to use it towards an AP. But make sure yours isn't online or "Disney store" only, because that will answer your question in that case.

Cathy

Disney Gift cards...

Just a dumb question of the day....

Disneyland restaurants, do they take disney gift cards for meals? I can't remember, having a senior moment.... grins

Angie

Yes Angie, gift cards can be used at restaurants. EXCEPT the Birthday funcards. They are not good for food.