Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 10th B-day

10th B-day

What is the best restaurant at Disney to celebrate a 10th birthday and why? 4 adults 1 child, dining plan. TIA!!!

2. # ADS

I asked my 10yo son for his choice (he's celebrated a few birthdays at WDW) and his suggestions are:

Chef Mickey's-- because they give you a cool placemant that you can take home

Jiko--because the food was so good (he loved the filet with mac and cheese--no sauce) and it's a nice, fancy restaurant (his words)

His second choices were Teppan Edo, Crystal Palace, or Mamma Melrose's

HTH

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with your son, Jenn, that Jiko is wonderful and would be nice because it's a 'grownup' restaurant. However it is 2 credits on the dining plan.

I kind of like Teppan Edo for your group, since they cook the food right there (like Benihana). And the food isn't 'fancy' so it should appeal to a 10 year old!

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I kind of like Teppan Edo for your group, since they cook the food right there (like Benihana). And the food isn't 'fancy' so it should appeal to a 10 year old!
    I think this is a good choice as well. Its like getting dinner and a show for one TS credit! The food is real good and since it is not a "traditional" sit-down meal, it has its own sense of being a special event.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I asked my boys they are 9 and 10. They both agree that Boma's would be the number one choice. My 10 year old also loves Teppan Edo and O'hana. My nine year old would pick Prime Time Cafe and Wispering Canyon. Both boys are over the whole character meal thing. At the moment they just don't think its "cool".

My little brothers (twins - 13) have since age 7 stated everytime they are asked where they want to eat that they want to go back to Chef Mickey's and its been a regular visit on each of their three trips. If they could have celebrated a birthday there they would have been in heaven.

I write a few blogs. Please check out: Disney Diversions for musings on Disney as theater. I am currently involved in a culture blog contest where I argue that Disney World is the cultural center of America. I would greatly appreciate your votes and comments!
    I love jewelry
    Cooking and baking exploits in a tiny NYC apartment

My 12 yr old son (who was 10 last time we were in Walt Disney World) absolutely loves 'Ohana. Whenever we talk about going somewhere special to eat here @ home, he usually tries to work 'Ohana in to the suggestion list. So far we haven't made that "quick" 12-hr drive to Orlando just to eat dinner, but you never know .

But, anyway, he thinks it's FUN, he enjoys the Poly, and he loves the idea that they'll keep bringing meat, turkey, sausage, etc as long as he'll eat it !!

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

I asked my son who is 11 what he would suggest. He said if he likes to interact with the characters he would pick the Garden Grill because he thinks the food there is awesome. He likes how it rotates and how you can see "The Land" while you are there.

If he is not into the characters, he suggests Sci-Fi Dine In. He says the cars are cool and the movie clips are great! He suggests getting a drink with the glow cube.

Happy planning and happy birthday!

My 10 year old says Chef Mickey's if you want characters and Whispering Canyon Cafe if not

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)