Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What to do! Tips anyone?

What to do! Tips anyone?

Hi,
    So I applied for a Disney Associate position for the summer and got a phone call back last week that my application would be forwarded to the hiring manager and i would be contacted if they are interested. They say that the interview with the manager would happen within february, and final selections being done in march. With february coming to a close, I am starting to feel sad as I didn't get a call back yet. This leaves me with two questions:

1. Is it possible that they liked my resume so much they wont bother with an interview ? (unlikely, but a possibility?)

and

2. Should I contact them back to ask for a status on my application? I really want to, but I dont know if this reflects back on me. I am really excited for this and just want to know right away as to what Is going on with my application.

Any ideas of what I should do? Or should I wait it out and just hope for the best...I hate waiting...

Thanks

-Ryan

2. # ADS

You should call to inquire about your status. There aren't that many days left in February.

Yeah. That's what I was wondering about, so I just shot them an email. I sure hope that asking doesnt put any bad impressions on me.

You did the right thing

As an employer I will tell you - follow through is always a good thing.

Good luck!

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

Quote Originally Posted by june1st1997 View Post
    As an employer I will tell you - follow through is always a good thing.

Good luck!
    Thanks. Disney has a funny way of dealing with their applications...well at least for the studios in burbank.

I filled out the online application and I got a call from a representative saying that I fit a category they are trying to fill. Followed up and got a call back today saying that there's still no response from the people in charge of filling those spots. In short, it seems like following up when trying to get a job with disney doesnt help much since you're contact is a representative and not really anybody who makes the decisions of seeing who gets hired and what not.

I am still hopeful, but am already suspecting the worse. Luckily, there's another internship opportunity with disney that I also applied for today. My representative said to check on disneycareers.com and just keep applying so I did just that.

Thanks for the responses.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Followed up and got a call back today saying that there's still no response from the people in charge of filling those spots. In short, it seems like following up when trying to get a job with disney doesnt help much since you're contact is a representative and not really anybody who makes the decisions of seeing who gets hired and what not.
    It may not help much in this case, but it also won't hurt you. AND what this statement says is that the hiring organization is dragging their feet or for some other reason is delayed, so the end of Feb might not be the current deadline anymore to have the position filled. So you have information that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Oh yea, and if you see some opening on their website that fits - apply for it, even if you're already going through the system on another position.

A little story about followup. My sister was living in Dallas, TX and really wanting to move back to the Pacific Northwest, where we grew up and where I was living at the time. A company was expanding and needed people in positions that she was HIGHLY qualified for, so she submitted her resume/application. She got the impression that they were doing the recruiting 'on the cheap' and wouldn't be interviewing her unless she really convinced them that she was seriously interested and had 'other reasons' for moving to the PNW. (This was a position that flying people from other parts of the country to interview was not that far out of the norm) So she heard that they were having a job fair near where I lived, and had me physically, in person, drop off her resume. Just by me doing that, they realized she was serious and brought her in for an interview, and I'm sure I didn't talk to the hiring manager.

So following up should NEVER hurt you, and if it does (provided your not acting stalker-like), you really wouldn't want to work for a company where it was seen as a negative.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    It may not help much in this case, but it also won't hurt you. AND what this statement says is that the hiring organization is dragging their feet or for some other reason is delayed, so the end of Feb might not be the current deadline anymore to have the position filled. So you have information that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Oh yea, and if you see some opening on their website that fits - apply for it, even if you're already going through the system on another position.

A little story about followup. My sister was living in Dallas, TX and really wanting to move back to the Pacific Northwest, where we grew up and where I was living at the time. A company was expanding and needed people in positions that she was HIGHLY qualified for, so she submitted her resume/application. She got the impression that they were doing the recruiting 'on the cheap' and wouldn't be interviewing her unless she really convinced them that she was seriously interested and had 'other reasons' for moving to the PNW. (This was a position that flying people from other parts of the country to interview was not that far out of the norm) So she heard that they were having a job fair near where I lived, and had me physically, in person, drop off her resume. Just by me doing that, they realized she was serious and brought her in for an interview, and I'm sure I didn't talk to the hiring manager.

So following up should NEVER hurt you, and if it does (provided your not acting stalker-like), you really wouldn't want to work for a company where it was seen as a negative.
    What an awesome story. It brought my hopes up .

I better push it back down though. If I have low expectations, I have less to lose, right?

Anyhoo, I hope that I do get one of the internship opportunities. Though i have a current job, its with a small company. I am really just looking to do the internship with Disney to make connections and gain experience things money cant buy. Ill keep everyone updated.