Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Monorail to EPCOT??

Awright! Monorail to EPCOT??

OK, here is my question (hope I am posting in the right area) - I am going next week for my birthday and staying at the Coronado (have never stayed there, but they had availability!!) - now here is my question - we are going into EPCOT and I know from that hotel the only transportation is taking the bus. However, this is a very quick trip and I just have to take the monorail...somewhere (for memories sake!!). So...should we park at a different hotel and take the monorail from that hotel to EPCOT or any other suggestions?? Should we just check out one of the monorail hotels (Contemporary, Grand Floridian) on our departure day and just take a ride around on the monorail. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

2. # ADS

If you have a car, drive to the TTC (Ticket & Transportation Center), and take the Epcot monorail from there. Even if you drove to one of the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian), you'd still have to change monorails @ the TTC.

If you don't have a car, take a bus to MK, get on the monorail there, and change to the Epcot monorail @ the TTC.

But either way, you're talking about a lot of extra time just to ride the monorail.

Conversely, you could take a bus directly to Epcot, and then @ some point during the day, you could get on the monorail there and take a complete circuit & wind up back @ Epcot anyway.

Your idea of visiting one of the monorail resorts on your check-out day and riding the monorail around the loop from there might be your best bet, time & convenience-wise.

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Just leave plenty of time for your "little ride" on the monorail. Once we sat on the monorail for 45 minutes. We were just going from Epcot to the Contemporary to eat at Chef Mickey's. So if you are going on your departure day and need to leave at a specific time, give yourself plenty of time to do so.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    Just leave plenty of time for your "little ride" on the monorail. Once we sat on the monorail for 45 minutes.
    While it is always important to allow for ample time to get where you are going, it is noteworthy that such a lengthy delay on the monorail is rather rare.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

honestly, i'd take the bus anyway. you can always catch the monorail throughout the day, particularly when the parks are busier and the monorails are far less busy. no point in getting yourself tangled up with the thousands of others at the TTC trying to get the same monorail.

it'll also be easier to get to ride in the front if you so wish

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    While it is always important to allow for ample time to get where you are going, it is noteworthy that such a lengthy delay on the monorail is rather rare.
    We never figured out the real reason for our delay. While we continued to start and stop for 45 minutes from Epcot to the Contemporary, they would just say that they were sorry for the delay, but they were having to deal with the activity on the monorail. My husband and I wondered what the "activity" could be since we thought they were in complete control of any "activity" on the monorail. We didn't understand how their could be a "traffic jam" on the monorail.

When we finally checked in at Chef Mickey's and let the CM know why we were 20 minutes late for our ADR's, she said the monorail from Epcot to the Contemporary is always extremely slow.

I'm not sure if it's been said yet, but you can pick up the monorail at the front gate of Epcot. You can ride it to the TTC, and then transfer over to the Magic Kingdom loop for a once around that area, then hop back on the Epcot monorail to return to your starting point.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks so much for all of your great suggestions I think we will just take the bus to EPCOT from the hotel (I guess it's fairly close by) and then just hop on the monorail on our free day so I can go down memory lane!!