Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Chef Mickey's or Ohana Character Breakfast

Chef Mickey's or Ohana Character Breakfast

We have gone to Chef Mickey's for breakfast every year as our only Character meal because we love it! But I am thinking I would like to do something different and I am interested in doing Ohana's character breakfast for the change. My husband is reluctant because we (myself,DH and DS) know we will enjoy and like Chef Mickey's. Will we be disappointed? We usually only do one character meal in our week and it is myself, DH and DS (who will be 5 yrs old when we go). I am excited to try a different one but I dont want to be disappointed. I will tell you we have tried the Crystal Palace breakfast and we liked it but we arent big Pooh character people...so we liked Chef Mickey's better. Thoughts.....

Visits: 1991,1999,2001,2002,2005(twice),2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Do you like Lilo and Stitch? If so, it might be a nice change. I haven't done Chef Mickey's, but I was PLEASANTLY surprised at Ohana just a few weeks ago. Pluto was very involved and would lay across laps for photos--he wasn't just hugging for a quick photo. Mickey and Minnie were also there, so it's not like it's just Lilo and Stitch. There's some interactive audience participation. The food was very good, it comes family style (big surprise!) rather than at a buffet. The potatoes and the fresh juice blend were my favorites.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My take is this... let the main draw be the characters. If you are not big fans of the characters that you will be dining with, then it really wont be that great of a value to you. However, I dont think you could go wrong at either place.

Haven't done Ohana for breakfast yet, mainly since we are not big Lilo and Stitch fans. Chef Mickey's, though, is one that we love to do almost on an annual basis. The past few times, the character interaction has been great. And to be honest, its so popular, the food always seems to be fresh and hot.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

We did the Ohana character breakfast on our last day and it was one of our favourites of the week. The service was excellent, there was loads of good fresh food (excellent scrambled eggs and fresh juice) and the character interaction was not rushed. My daughter's fave character is Stitch though so we were onto a winner really. Goofy here was really in the spirit of things too, very funny.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Our first time we did Chef Mickey's but couldn't get in for it this last trip so we went to Ohanna's. It was awesome! They have Lilo and Stitch, Pluto, Mickey, and even do a line dance with the kids. It is sit down versus buffet and they bring a ton of food to serve family style. My youngest 3 loved it but my oldest was annoyed when Stitch was chewing on her Princess dew!

I have been to both many times. Both are great and lots of fun. If you are fans of Lilo and Stitch I would say to definitely try it out. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Just got back and we did both Chef Mickey and Ohana for breakfast and we liked Ohana more. The characters were great and the food was fresh and hot. Our waiter was the best of our trip! We will definitely go back.

Sounds like good advice to consider which set of characters you like.
    How different are the characters between the two?

Check out my free high-resolution pictures of Disney World at www.WDWmemories.com

I have to agree. Ohana is awesome for both breakfast, which is a character meal and dinner, which is not.

Christina
    Helping you plan your most magical vacation ever!

WDW - 90, 93, 94, 97, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05(2X), 06, 07, 08(2x)
    DCL - 06

Never done chef mickeys. We love ohana's. It comes out family style and we love that. No chance on missing the characters. We would do it again but the kids don't want to because they think their to old for it.
    Mom of two boys and a wife to a awsome coastie