Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Lunch with an imagineer!

Lunch with an imagineer!

I can finally post this - it was a birthday surprise for my son, and he reads these boards. On Wednesday, Dec. 17, we are going to have Lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby at 11:30am. I learned about it on some of the Disney boards, and since my son is intrigued by all things Disney, especially imagineering, I thought this would be a great 16th birthday present.

Here is what I know so far:
    * Lunch is a maximum of 8 people plus the imagineer (we won't know who it will be ahead of time)
    * We will eat in a special room - the Bamboo room
    * The lunch can last 90 minutes plus, depending on how many questions you ask, and how long the conversation lasts
    * We get some special personalized souvenirs

There are more details if anyone is interested. Reservations can be made 90 days in advance.

I bought the books about imagineering at each of the parks so my son can read them ahead of time and think of questions.

If anyone has done this before, I would love to hear about it and any tips you might have for me.

PS - this is not on the dining plan

Kristin

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope you have a lot of fun with it! I think some people wrote up a trip report from when they did this - try searching Imagineer and see what kind of hits you get.

Did you decide to spill the beans to your son early?

Cathy

Lost in the Viridian Forest...

Wow that sounds great! Wish I could do something like that sometime. Have fun!

Stephen Valente

Disney Again! Polynesian '09!
    hoping to go back soon...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's one post about it (the one I was thinking about). The thread is super long, so I figured since I was pretty sure this post was there, I'd find it for you!
    Cathy

Yes, I told him early so he could start reading the books on Imagineering. Besides, I could barely hold it in any longer!!!

Kristin

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

EXCELLENT idea. Mitch would FLIP over a gift like this. Let us know how it goes!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!