Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AP Muppet Experiment

ok I am going to try this from heart.

Question 1 Was looking at address and trying to fig out the Street address. From left to right House 1 House 2 House 3 House 4

Question 2 Was looking at the wall in Sorcerer workshop and answer the question

What character is this?
    What hero is this?

Who is his little princess?
    What organization?

Who is his buddy girl?
    What is this?

The first line of this song?
    What kind of animal?

What is this?

Question 3 was looking at the mural on the wall of a grotto restaurant.

Question 4 where can Minnie take you according to this mural in the Heparin theater.

Question 5 you needed to go to the security booth in the Muppets show. Then in to the wait area.

When done the CM had to check my cell phone time and date on the Text I got at the end.

Your prize is.

Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
    Walt Disney

2. # ADS

We Want More Musicals! Merm8fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the paper you print up to take to the park. The CM took mine and I was trying to put up some pick of the stuff you got to see to answer the questions.
    I printed several copies before going to the park (worried I would goof up on one, I suppose!) and have them still. Looks like the original links/attachments to the page are gone, alright - who would have thought this would become a 'keeper'?

Looking at the page right now, you did a good job from memory.

I think this 'scavenger hunt' would be fun to do in the park regardless of being able to officially text in and claim a reward.

Here's what the "TOP SECRET" page had on it (short the diagram of the wall tiles on question 2) and remember that Kermit wrote the clues as you see "we" and "I":

1. A block of townhouses in the Golden State section will have street numbers that spell out a mathmatical sequence. One number in the sequence will be missing. That number is the street number where we are waiting.

STREET NUMBER _ _ _

2. In the Sorcerer's Workshop, match each question and number in the diagram to the tile on the wall. Fill in the answer, then put the boxed squares in order to find the name of the street. (Ask a trivia expert if you are unsure of any of the answers).
    1) Character's name? [_] _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    2) Hero's Name? _ [_] _ _ _ _ _ _
    3) His young princess? _ _ [_]
    4) Organization name? _ _ _ [_] _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    5) His buddy's sweetheart? _ [_] _ _ _ _
    6) What is this object? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [_]
    7) First line of the song? _ _ _ _ _ _ [_] _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    8) Type of animal? _ _ _ [_] _
    9) Musical symbol? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [_] _

STREET NAME [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_] AVE

3) A bayside restaurant in Paradise Pier will be modeled after the grotto. Several murals will decorate the restaurant's outside wall. Look for the Cove "Where Feast Meets West". The first word on that mural is the name of the city where we await!

CITY _ _ _ _ _ _

4) In the courtyard of the Hyperion Theater, a series of billboards will feature Disney cartoons. Minnie knows the way to the island!

ISLAND _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

5) At the Muppet Theater I hid the date. Peek into the Muppet Security Booth and look left to find a list of items that Gonzo ordered for his "Catapult of Doom" stunt. Then, walk into the waiting area before our show. Three crates in the front are labeled "The Great Gonzo - Catapult of Doom." Two of the words on the crates will not be on the shopping list. The number of letters in each word make the date. The first part of the date is the larger number, the second part is the smaller number.

DATE _ _ - _

That's it!
    This is where I come up with something, right? Something really clever...

We Want More Musicals! Merm8fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    We ran into some people who were stuck on two of the puzzles from the animation building, but we were able to help them. I had been stumped by one of those questions as well, but my daughter figured it out. Bring kids. LOL
    I just wanted to add that I was stumped on the "His buddy's sweetheart?" one in the Sorcerer's Workshop - and it wasn't a child, but my 71 year old mother who came up with it... so, both kids and kids at heart would have been a good resource!

There was a little bit of a challenge in the Muppet Theater having to do with the format for entering the answer. It took us two tries, but we got it. (That was sort of embarrassing, because while we were working out the answer, an audience came in and sat on the floor facing us, so we were "on stage.")
    Took me two tries as well. I think the dash on the clue sheet was my problem.

Part of the quest also requires you to see something in the courtyard of the Hyperion Theater. Since it was closed and blocked, we had to ask a CM for permission to go inside. The only person we could find was the snack cart CM, but she told us to go ahead. (Phew!)
    My one peeve of the experience: I had to get past three cast members to reach the billboards at Hyperion, and the first two offered help if needed, but I said I would try on my own and only ask for help if I absolutely couldn't do it (not a danger, as they were indeed easier than the online challenges). However, as I passed the third cast member trying to wave me into the theatre, saying "I just need to go look at the billboard" - he says "It's _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _" before I could carry on. It was a bit of a "Grrrrrrrr" moment.

All said and done - it was great fun, and I do hope they keep 'em coming!
    This is where I come up with something, right? Something really clever...

I had SUCH a problem with the last one (Date). It literally took me an hour.

I had the answer as the show was loading, so I decided to walk through the theater (didn't have 3-D glasses). They closed the doors on the far side right in my face, I walked back, just had the doors close in my face on the near side. Fine, I sat down and texted my answer.

Lo and behold it was wrong!

I tried formatting it 3 different ways, still wrong!

So I got up and left. (Oh yea, it was raining and the area had a lot of puddles.)

I went to the smoking area, sat there, tried 2 more times, still wrong. Then I realized I forgot my hat in the theater! So I went back, checked the box office and crates again, still had the right answer...

By now another show was starting, and I had to convince a family to pass me my hat on the ground, yada yada, I checked the lobby and box office ONE MORE TIME to be sure. Then I found a dry spot.

FINALLY 3 texts later it accepted my answer. I felt a little stupid because the first 4 took me about 90 minutes (including lunch, a ride and some time watching Minnie and Pluto play with little kids), and the last one took an hour!

Then I went to DL and ended up having to pay $4 at DTD parking lot. I think the day was worth $4, but darn you Muppets in 3-D!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Did anyone else receive a survey about this game via e-mail? I just finished it - it's pretty long, and the questions are interesting.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Save damsel-kill bad guys-save world jMom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, I did. And completed it.

Bob Genghis Khan, So-crates Johnson, Dennis Frood, & uh, uh... Abraham Lincoln // I've been ionized ... but I'm okay.
    "The imp of the perverse made me do it. I said ‘yes’. Why curse the darkness when someone offers you a blowtorch, hey?" - R. McKinley

Yup. I also found it interesting. (Which was, I believe, one of the answer options!)

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Smile Me too! Me too!!

I got this survey earlier this evening and waited until my hubby came home, so we could go over the survey together, since I wasn't sure what they were going to ask.

I gave them high marks for this and sure hope they get enough good feed-back, that they'll try doing these in the parks on an on-going basis!

Karen W2

I got it too, and did it, and enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the question about how you heard about it, and happily checked off the "non-disney website like a different fan forum info website than mouseplanet but mouseplanet and the other board I also enjoy are included in the "etc", etc" choice.

And some people think that Disney isn't aware of these sorts of forums.....