Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Repeat ride!

fat and happy

Repeat ride!

I was at DCA Tower of Terror last night (Dec 25, 08) when, after the ride, instead of giving his usual exit spiel, the CM just asked our entire party in the elevator if we wanted to ride again.

I had never yet experienced this on a disneyland ride! It actually made my Christmas because I got an awesome photo thanks to that ride-through again, but I was wondering if this happened regularly, and if it does, if you guys have any fun stories to share about it!

i cannot put on contact lenses for life....
    my eyes are apparently too narrow...
    scary....

2. # ADS

hasnt happened to me quite like that. Ive asked the operator if I could ride again since there was no queue (didn't make sense to run to the exit and then entrance to ride again), but to be offered a ride again, its never happened to me

This happens to me the most on Big Thunder, especially when sitting in the back. I think it has something to do with weight, and if there's no one waiting, they can't send the train without people in the back? Also, it seems like they tend to load guests needing assistance in the back, and sometimes they're not "ready" to hop in and I've been asked to stay.

The other day there was no one waiting for our car at all in the station and they didn't ask us to stay. My sister and I were actually a little miffed. Well, she was.

Also, it's happened a few times on Space Mountain. I can't think of any other rides, but I'm sure there are reasons.

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

For us it's happened on pooh... it was late at night and there was no line, the kids thought it was cool...

We had that happen on Tower of Terror once, but before the cast member sent us off again for our second ride, he asked a guest to leave (quite firmly and pointedly). We were sitting in front of the guest, so we didn't know what had happened to have him yanked off the ride like that, but we were pretty happy to have a second ride! Our guess was that he did something objectionable at photo time.

We have had other instances, when there hasn't been much queue, that we've been allowed to remain onboard a ride and go again. But sometimes, we've also been requested to get off the ride and go back around through the queue. I can see that as a way to keep track of the number of riders.

I think it's sometimes luck of the draw.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

We've had it happen on Pooh often, it might be because my daughter was using her wheelchair and they know how difficult it is to load/unload...but our entire party goes where she does so they offered us the option to stay and go again ...with our crowd we never turn that down. It's happened on Buzz as well.

My favorite go again story...we were there celebrating a birthday this summer and the Haunted Mansion is his favorite attraction, it was very late when we went and I quietly asked the CM if we could go twice as a special treat, well we did go twice but then we came back around and she asked if we'd like to go once more and be the only folks on the ride. Of course we said YES ....three times on the HM without getting off, then being the only guests in the hall walking back to the stretching room and up to the foyer. It's the only time in all my years of visiting the parks that I've heard the horses whinny at the carriage...I was blown away. The CM walked us to the gate, unlocked it and wished him a Happy Birthday and all of us a magical night. It was awesome!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

Same situation as Mamma's (only we have a dog, takes a few to load and unload. We have been offered repeats on Splash, Buzz, and BTMR. I had friends on TOT on Christmas who got 3 tours on TOT.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Our best re-ride was on GRR in DCA! It was election day 2004 and no one was in line in the late afternoon and we got to ride it 7 times in a row! We kept saying we hadn't hit the geyser yet, so they sent us around till we did!! MY dd still says that is the best day she ever had!

Soo soaked and so much fun!

Once years ago My DH his 2friends and all the kids who could ride at the time GRR. The moms stayed out with the little ones 1hr later they came back. This was feb and we could see no line so we thought it broke down or something. They said that the CM let them ride 9times . At the time the CM said it was the record and the kids where soak happy but cold so we had to go back to the hotel to dry them off before we could finish our day.

Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
    Walt Disney

We've had it happen on Big Thunder too. There was literally no one else in the entire queue and our train was maybe half, 3/4 full, so they asked everyone if they wanted to ride again. I think we rode 6 times without getting off One of my best times on Big Thunder! (Ah, the magic that was a real, serious "off-season" )

~ Kaz
    Any time is food time, when you set your clock on Pooh time!

Happened to us this past trip on TSMM. The CM tried to explain what had happened, something about she hadn't tagged our car off the track in time. We didnt care, I had a score to defend! And made standing in that line all the more worth it

Happily Ever After with my Prince.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Same situation as Mamma's (only we have a dog, takes a few to load and unload. We have been offered repeats on Splash, Buzz, and BTMR. I had friends on TOT on Christmas who got 3 tours on TOT.
    I think its wonderful that CM offer another ride to you guys and Mamma Silva. A little Disney Magic in your day. :-)
    First DLR Trip as a ticketed guest (no AP) Thanksgiving 2012
    Disneyland every NYE from 1985-2010
    WDW Nov 2003, May 2009, Aug/Sept 2010
    WDW Wedding May 2008 at WP/LS
    TDR Oct/Nov 2008 DLP 1998

We've asked once to go around on Alice again. It was during the parade and when we got back the line was gone. They waved us through. We've also asked a few times on Splash when the line wasn't very long earlier in the day or late at night.

We did go on Toad once and when we got back we asked the CM where the hidden Mickey was located. He told us and asked if we'd like to go through again. We felt a little bad when we got to go through while all the people were looking at us and wondering why we got to go again. For the record, we missed the hidden Mickey during the second trip also.

This happened to us on our trip this past week. We were on BTMR and when the train came back to the station, we came in on the side that was closed at the time and the line was waiting on the other side. The CM asked if we all wanted to ride again, so we did! It was like an unofficial dream for us

We were riding on Splash on christmas eve and the CM asked if we wanted to go again...we said yes!

3 years ago, we got asked on splash as well.

Both times it was night and one in Dec and one in March! Chilly!

Magical Adventures To Disneyland In: 1999, 2001, 2006, 2007 with a 2008 trip in progress.

"All it takes is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot.....just a little bit of pixie dust!"

We've asked on some rides if there was no one waiting & they let us go again.

The ones where the CM has asked if we wanted to stay were King Triton's Carousel & the Golden Zephyr. They just announced if anyone wanted to stay on that they were welcome to. This has happened many times on those 2 rides.

This one isn't about a re-ride but on our last visit we got a boat for the 4 of us by ourselves. I'm not sure what was going on with the grouping behind us but the CM just said "it looks like you get the boat to yourselves" & set us off. That has never happened to us so it was cool.

Take me to my city by the bay... Mrs Mouse's Avatar

We've had this happen on Pooh and Splash Mountain.

My favorite was on our trip this past November. It was about an hour before park closing, quite chilly out, and there was practically no one in line. We rode once and when we came back to the unload area, were asked if we would like to go again. We wound up riding seven times in a row, without unloading, and DH and I had the entire log to ourselves each time. It was a blast!

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles Schulz

We have had this happen where there is no line and not just at DL. BUT....When we went two weeks ago, friday night @5:30 or so we had gotten two fast passes each in the AM. (just DH and I, he surprised me for our anniversary) Anyway the posted wait time was 50 minutes. Used one FP and when the train pulled in to the station they unloaded and reloaded the train in front of us. Then when it was our turn they sent our entire train full through the station and told us to remain seated, and sent us around again. We still don't know why. There was a 50 minute wait line they didn't even ask. We had changed seats with a couple of kids so they could have the front row and their dad could have the row behind them he was talking about getting a picture as the kids had never been on it before. So we got off and went around the FP line again, took under 30 minutes and had 3 rides!!

My kids still talk about the time we got sent through twice on Space Mountain!

When we came into unload after the first time, there was a CM looking for a baseball cap that had been left behind in one of the cars. I'm guessing she took too long looking because, all of a sudden, we exited the station for ride #2 (with a seemingly confused CM standing on the platform exclaiming "I dunno, tower said send them again").

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

We got a re-ride on Matterhorn once. It was mid-day and crowded so it was an extra treat! I am not sure why but it was fun and we still talk about it. Early morning one time we got unlimited rides on Mullholland Madness because there was no line. After 3 times, we got off!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

A group of friends and I were in Toon Town about two years ago, and saw no line for Gadget's Go Coaster. We usually only ride it then, since it's so short. When we came back there was still no line, so the CM asked if we wanted to keep going, since she could just keep sending us if there was no one else waiting. We went about 5 times, after that a couple people were waiting, but not enough for us to get off, so we went one last 6th time . It was awesome

Just this past trip (Dec. 9) we got a re-ride on Indie. I haven't had a re-ride since gadgets go coaster when i was about 8. It was on Indie because there were plenty of people in the que where the video reel is showing and we had to wait there awhile, but apparently the CM opperating that section of line wasn't letting people through in a timely manner because by the time we got to the cares, there was nobody waiting to load. It was a great treat because the timing was off for the boulder our first time around, but perfect the second time!

A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby

Pluto Lovers Unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by bassett1976 View Post
    We did go on Toad once and when we got back we asked the CM where the hidden Mickey was located. He told us and asked if we'd like to go through again. We felt a little bad when we got to go through while all the people were looking at us and wondering why we got to go again. For the record, we missed the hidden Mickey during the second trip also.
    Hey, I've got a similar one! A CM once let us ride Snow White 4 times in a row because we were trying to find a particular Hidden Mickey. Never did see him, but it was fun nonetheless. It was near closing, so there wasn't any line.
    -Mo

We have been able to stay on rides if there was no line. But once on Indy, a man was using his video camera with the light on the entire ride so when we returned to the station, the CMs had the man and the person he was with exit the car and then the rest of us got to ride it again

Save damsel-kill bad guys-save world jMom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pooh -- I think it was 3 or 4 times. Late at night, with everyone watching F! We got to ride through twice early in the morning too once.

Alice at least twice in a row, during an EE. My daughter loved it. Tea cups, ditto.

Monsters, Inc. Again, early in the day, no line. We rode through twice and did a walk-on the third trip. Roz started getting suspicious

Heimlich. I think 3 times in a row. My poor husband. Winter, and no line, but 2 very delighted little kiddos.

I had a girlfriends-only boat on Pirates -- heh, heh!

And once our JC skipper almost backed us up to take us through the back side of water twice ... but he chickened out after idling for a few moments. On another JC ride, the skipper serenaded my friend with an awesome rendition of "Happy Birthday" -- oh baby could he croon a tune!

We once got a ride in the Lily Belle when we were just waiting for the train. Super neat!

Bob Genghis Khan, So-crates Johnson, Dennis Frood, & uh, uh... Abraham Lincoln // I've been ionized ... but I'm okay.
    "The imp of the perverse made me do it. I said ‘yes’. Why curse the darkness when someone offers you a blowtorch, hey?" - R. McKinley