Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Front of the Line passes - real or bogus?

Disneyland Front of the Line passes - real or bogus?

I saw this craigslist ad:

"I have Disneyland front of the line passes for 4 people. Avoid the long lines and go right to the front of the line with this family of four pass to help you get way more for your buck and triple the rides you can go on every few minutes!

If you are interested in purchasing this front of the line pass, contact me. This is 100% legit and is valid!

$150.00

Note: This pass for four is good through the end of November 08' and will work for multiples days while visiting the park during the month of November."

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tix/925121146.html

This is completely bogus, right? There are no "Front of the Line" passes at Disneyland, are there? (I assume this is not a Dream Fastpass or else surely the listing would have said so.)

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

There is no such thing as a front of the line pass, even the Make a wish kids passes are individual specific and are 'trip time line' specific. At most this guy has a GAC that he managed to get his grubby paws on and is hyping that as a FTL. For $150 bucks, I hope Disney is reading this and busts him.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

I've been a big meanie and passed the link onto Disney's legal department. My guess is it is a GAC also.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Hee hee big meanie!
    That is so ridiculous isnt' it? $150 for 4 tickets!!
    WE WISH!!!!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I've been a big meanie and passed the link onto Disney's legal department. My guess is it is a GAC also.
    I don't think you're being a meanie. I think you did a good thing.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

My friend renewed her expired AP last night at one of the ticket booths. It was a complicated transaction because she used the COSTCO Deluxe and upgraded to Premium at the same time. The CM had made an error at the beginning of the transaction and finally had to call his lead, who couldn’t undo the error, and the lead had to call her supervisor. So what should have been a five minute transaction took twenty-five.

When it was completed she was given a “Front of the Line” pass, it’s good for four people on one ride.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K & S View Post
    When it was completed she was given a Front of the Line pass, its good for four people on one ride.
    Generally, thats a fastpass type thing. He or she says this is good through November, and you can go to the front of every line every day, all day, every ride.

My DD and I got two of them in March 2007 because of a big long story at the Maliboomer. They were just little white slips of paper that said Front of the Line. We used one at Mulholland and one with my folks on Pirates. They usually give them out too if you are about to get on a ride and it crashes and after a long while they cannot get it back up and running.

Definitely would not pay for them, especially $150.00!! What a rip.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Generally, thats a fastpass type thing. He or she says this is good through November, and you can go to the front of every line every day, all day, every ride.
    This is for one ride only.

The ad sounds shady to me!! I don't remember the 'fine print' - but we received a pass last weekend that was good for any ride except Toy Story Midway Mania - because Soarin' broke down. It wasn't a FRONT of the line, but fastpass style (although, had we used it for a ride that didn't have a FastPass entrance, I suppose we would've gone straight to the front).

I honestly don't remember if it listed an expiration date, but it did say it was good for 4 people....but it was just good for one ride (we used it on Space Mountain)... Definitely wasn't good multiple times?!

Can I ask what a GAC is? (What some people think the poter of the ad might've got a hold of?) I'm not down with the lingo - haha.

Katrina - Proud DLR APer

Quote Originally Posted by K & S View Post
    This is for one ride only.
    Malcon10t was referring to the Craig's List entry.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanKat View Post
    Can I ask what a GAC is? (What some people think the poter of the ad might've got a hold of?) I'm not down with the lingo - haha.
    Guest Assisstance Card.

It's what they hand out/did hand out (I don't recall if this is the old name or the current name) to guests who need accomodations to be able to enjoyattractions - i.e., no stairs, no sun, using a stroller in place of a wheelchair for a young child (so it's ok to bring the stroller into the queue when it wouldn't otherwise be), etc.
    Cathy

We have been given a "front of the line" pass before. It was during the summer. It was after the fireworks, and we were standing by the rope bye MTWR in FL, waiting for FL to reopen so we could ride Peter Pan. When they opened the rope we got trampled.

In my group there were 4 adults and 4 children all under 5 y.o. One of the adults in our group went to the CM, and told them what had happened. We were given two "front of the line" passes that was up to 6 people each. We used one on Peter Pan, and the other on MTWR. One of the adults sat out of the rides to watch the baby who was sleeping in the stroller.

We went through the wheelchair line to get on the rides, and the CM took the pass. I can't remember if there was an expiration date on the passes. The only thing I can think about this ad, is that the person might have gotten this type of a pass and just didn't use them. But there is no way that you can use them over and over because like I said, the CM took ours before we got on the ride.

Leslie

~~Leslie~~

Every Girl Is A Princess

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

We actually got a front of the line at Toy Story Mania, we didn't use it but it was specific for that day only and only for TSM. When I said the pass he's advertising doesn't exist I meant that there is no FTL pass that has unlimited uses for an entire month. Breakdown passes, CM dream moment passes or any other FTL is good for one group one use and there's nothing I'd pay 150 for a pass to walk up and ride with no wait.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanKat View Post
    GAC (Guest Assistance Card, replaced the SAP - Special Assistance Pass) is what can be given to guests who need assistance. They have different levels, such as avoiding stairs by using an elevator (think Screamin') or going right in TOT, for some it is taking a stroller in the HA queue. Make A Wish kids do get the one for FOTL. Which seriously makes me wonder what this person is selling.

They are officially known as "re-admits or re-adds" and they definitely have an expiration date. They are given out when a ride breaks down or like K&S as an apology for time/problems. The CM's writes the date and number in the party and it is good for any one ride. The exception now is Toy Story it was the Sub's before that.

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' - Thomas Jefferson

Yikes...this thread made me curious, so I went to Craig's List and typed in "Disneyland." I couldn't believe what people are selling, and looking for in terms of tickets.

The saddest part is that there are warnings posted from multiple people who have been ripped off buying what they believed were discounted Disneyland tickets from strangers on Craig's List and were in reality worthless. Yeesh...who'da thought?

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

I've gotten these "re-admit" passes 3 times, once for TSMM and twice for Indy, because we were waiting in line or on the ride when the ride broke down. On Indy, they just let us go through the fastpass line and on TSMM my Family and I were led thorugh the single rider entrance and got right on.

"Fate rarely call upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by dawnid View Post
    They are officially known as "re-admits or re-adds" and they definitely have an expiration date. They are given out when a ride breaks down or like K&S as an apology for time/problems. The CM's writes the date and number in the party and it is good for any one ride. The exception now is Toy Story it was the Sub's before that.
    Yes that is what they were called. Re-admits. They are good for any ride except for the ones stated already. People are greedy sometimes and will do anything to make a buck.
    Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

chicagofornian at heart jenniebean's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnid View Post
    They are given out when a ride breaks down or like K&S as an apology for time/problems.
    I got one once when I stopped at the info kiosk in the front of DCA to ask if they could call over & check the wait time for ToT-- when the ride attendants don't pick up, the CM just wrote me one out . Magical!
    Last edited by jenniebean; 11-21-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: nonfunctioning brain couldn't form coherent sentences
    -jenniebean

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I got two of them last month (for six people each) when I was picking up tour tickets at the Guest Relations desk in DCA and their computer kept crashing. It only took 10 minutes--and since my friends were going on Calif. Screamin' without me (not me!) I didn't mind waiting--but the CM insisted on giving me two of them anyway--they were good for any ride but TSMM. Sadly, we ended up using only one.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yup when Indie broke down, everyone still in line, as we had been in line a long time, were given a pass. As described above, it was more then a fast pass as it was good for any 1 ride. He said to just take it to any handicap entrance. I wish I had saved a copy, it was liltte more then a small white paper about the size of an index card that the CM signed with the number in the party noted.

re the cl ad no idea if real or not, but given how low tech this was, just a piece of signed paper, it does seem something easy to fake. I don't see how any cm manning a handicap entrance would really doublecheck such a thing.

Last edited by doublewide77; 11-23-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Disneyland Regular

The Craigslist ad says "Note: This pass for four is good through the end of November 08' and will work for multiples days while visiting the park during the month of November. "

So it can't be a single use ticket, unless the guy is just lying, which he probably is. Buyer beware.

Princess in hiding underthesea1987's Avatar

Seriously
    thats some BS
    and by BS I mean bologna sandwich

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
    Lilo and Stitch

Blog Entries

After rereading it time and time again, I seriously think they are referring to a single FOTL pass and deliberately being misleading. Is going to the front of PP worth $40 a person?