Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Electric Outlets in Disneyland for Mobility Scooters?

Electric Outlets in Disneyland for Mobility Scooters?

Someome told me there were available outlets all over the place to plug in a waneing scooter. Know where they are???

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Another poster and I discussed this too, we never actually compiled an accurate list but from memory I know that in Disneyland over in the tomorrowland side of the Tommorowland Terrace there is a plug in along that wall, I'm not excatly sure where, up in the waiting area for Space Mountain there is one along that wall. I know that if you go to First Aide they will allow you to plug in for a bit, as will the actual scooter rental place up at the Main gate. As many scooter users as we have here on the pad, we really should combine forces and create a list to share.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

The one I have used a couple times is in the HA waiting area for Space Mountain. If you follow the wall past the bathrooms to the "Cast Only" door, there is a plug in just before this exit.

At Tomorrowland Terrace, on the Space Mountain side, on the ground level seating, there are electrical outlets in the flower bed areas.

Next time I am there, I will look around a little closer and see if I can make a list. I thought there was one in NOS near the train station also.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I'm pretty sure there is an electrical plug in the men's restroom by the Princess Fantasy Fair. I remember seeing someone leave their camcorder to charge (unattended) for at least an hour or so.

So do you guys bring a long extention chord or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle Duck View Post
    I didn't use the electrical outlet. I would never leave my camera inside of a restroom while I went to an attraction.

Blog Entries
    Most are talking about ECVs needing a charge. The ECV's charging cord is usually in the rear compartment and we don't need an extension chord. The regular cord is plenty.

Thanks for the answers so far. My scooter arrives this week.

Final question...does the tram have room for the Mobility Scooters?
    I seem to remember there is a ramp?

Thanks for the answers so far. My scooter arrives this week.

Final question...does the tram have room for the Mobility Scooters?
    I seem to remember there is a ramp?
    Yes, the tram does have room. You'll have to load in one of the two sections that has the ramp. These sections are furthest from the escalators.

Just saw this thread . . we haven't had to recharge the scooters in the park since switching to renting from Deckert about a year ago so I don't remember all the outlets we found before that.

I do recall my husband finding that the towers that hold the monorail tracks (the area between DL and DCA), he also found some at the bottom of light poles in DCA, (I think he was making a game out of spotting them as we puttered around the parks. )

I know there was one I used at the restrooms that are just past GRR going further into the park. That plug in was just below the pay phones so that would be a place to check throughout the parks.

Blog Entries

I'm going to have fun this weekend playing "Find the plug". Hopefully, when we get back, I will post the locations in the Accessible folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm going to have fun this weekend playing "Find the plug". .

Oh, have fun, Malcon10t!

This should have read more like "the towers that hold the monorail tracks (the area between DL and DCA) had plugins near the bottom of them"

Doodle....if you park in the Mickey and Friends area always ask for Pinocchio, it's almost always a better parking situation for the scooter issue, there is a little known transportation option, there is a van that has a lift for the scooters and the party with the scooters, it can hold more than one at a time and they are more than happy to assist you by transporting you from the tram area...the van is usually parked right at the crosswalk on the right side as you approach the crosswalk to the trams. If for some reason the bus is out of service which has happened a few times, then you use the ramp on the tram side, the tram will stop and load you first, be prepared for glares from the stroller crew when the tram pulls forward and you have the prime space for those big SUV level strollers. You'll have the option of having the CM 'tie down' the scooter or transferring off the scooter onto a bench, we transfer to make the process faster but YMMV. If you use the van you'll see the difference in the load area. We really prefer using the van to avoid the strollers that the other guests are so adamant will fit 'just one more' on the platform with my scooter and Missy's wheelchair.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

OK, I am going to make a list of these and will keep updating each trip.

Now, outside the park, the main one I found was one the last post on the way out of the tram parking lot. If you walk past the ART the last large post has an electrical outlet and is live (wonder why I know that???) I did check around the kennel area and didn't see any outlets.

Main Street - There were more than I expected. There is one just inside the Opera House. It is right at the bottom of the Mickey Picture as you enter. You can see it from outside. (I didn't go in, so there may be more and I will look more next time, but was helping with 7 kids under 7.)

Straight ahead from there, there is a bench outside the store (used to be a pin store.) It is on the other side of the street from where the parade comes out. There is an ornament on the wall, and just under the ornament is a covered outlet.

Across the street at City Hall. If you go up the ramp towards the bathrooms, in the garden to the left, there is an outlet.

Down at the locker area on the right. Inside the locker area are pay phones. Under the pay phones is an outlet. Now, as you exit the locker room, on the right is a door with "Laughing Gas" on it. Just to the right, about knee level, is a metal cover, underneath the cover is an outlet.

Across the way in the penny arcade, there are LOTS of outlets around the stuff that plugs in to play. Half the outlets are empty. But reaching them would require one of my kids' assistance.

Then there is the first aid station.

Tomorrowland - If you are by the pin store at the exit to Buzz, there is a ramp up to Tomorrowland Terrace. There is a plug right there at the end in the garden area. There is also one in the Space Mountain Exit area, past the restrooms, by the cast exit door.

By the Fantasia Gardens, on the left side in the garden there is an outlet.

I didn't get to do as much as I wanted, as I had to find time. But I plan on being more thorough next trip. This is fun for me!

Wow! good job!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

While wandering around the Grand Californian yesterday (which we do from time to time), we found a number of outlets near the ballrooms. If you're looking for a little peace and quiet while you're recharging, that would work.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

We ate at White Water Snacks in DCA and found a few outlets on the outside wall. You could have lunch and have a charge all at the same time.

I have an upcoming trip with my mom. She is 77 and will need an ECV because that's just too much walking for her. If you don't mind, could you guys answer some questions for me?

We're staying at DLH. I've looked into it and we can rent from Deckert and have the scooter delivered to the hotel. That way she can use it to and from the park as well as in it. Is this a good option? It seems silly to rent a wheelchair to get to the park and then rent an ECV for the park itself, but maybe there's more to it than I'm realizing.

Can you take a scooter on the monorail?

Do you just park it in your hotel room in the evening? If so, isn't that kind of in the way?

How often do you have to charge them?

Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

DizMeDD & DizMe

First off, renting from Deckerts is really a smart choice, their EVC's are actually nicer than the park ones, their customer service is EXCELLENT and the price per day is less than the parks and you don't have to worry about the parks being 'sold out' when you arrive.

You can take the scooter on the monorail, even the new one. They limit the scooters to one per train.

If you rent from Deckerts, they deliver the EVC (scooter) to the hotel in time for your arrival, if you're staying at the Disneyland Hotel the scooter will be at the Bell desk waiting for pick up. You do park them in your hotel room and it takes a bit of practice but if you have one of the rooms with 2 queens and a sofa bed there seems to be room to accomodate the scooter as well. As for charging them I plug mine in every time we go back to the room just to keep it as charged as possible and of course plug it in when you've called it a day so it charges over night.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    First off, renting from Deckerts is really a smart choice, their EVC's are actually nicer than the park ones, their customer service is EXCELLENT and the price per day is less than the parks and you don't have to worry about the parks being 'sold out' when you arrive.

You can take the scooter on the monorail, even the new one. They limit the scooters to one per train.

If you rent from Deckerts, they deliver the EVC (scooter) to the hotel in time for your arrival, if you're staying at the Disneyland Hotel the scooter will be at the Bell desk waiting for pick up. You do park them in your hotel room and it takes a bit of practice but if you have one of the rooms with 2 queens and a sofa bed there seems to be room to accomodate the scooter as well. As for charging them I plug mine in every time we go back to the room just to keep it as charged as possible and of course plug it in when you've called it a day so it charges over night.
    Thanks for all the info, MammaSilva!!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

DizMeDD & DizMe