Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming soon to Disneyland - Monthly Payment Annual Passes

Thanks AVP!

2. # ADS

Fireworks Fanatic!

Wow, this is pretty cool. What ever happened to those rumors that Disneyland has too many Annual Passholders and is trying to keep the numbers down by raising prices. Now they go and make it much easier to afford a pass. Sounds like those rumors are not true. At least TDA wants more APs..

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Wow, this is pretty cool. What ever happened to those rumors that Disneyland has too many Annual Passholders and is trying to keep the numbers down by raising prices. Now they go and make it much easier to afford a pass. Sounds like those rumors are not true. At least TDA wants more APs..
    i wouldn't say they raise prices to keep numbers down - they raise prices because people still pay. Until the numbers DO go down they will keep increasing prices. so - all this deal does is prime the pump for more APs - and more regular revenue.

That's another one too. It won't be much - but a nice stream of "financing" revenue coming in monthly. Could a finance charge and possible DPFC (disney parks finance and credit) be far behind?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Headless Chicken

I wonder if they'll raise the cost of APs now, since they'll be more affordable?

In the long run, this is a very smart move for Disney.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

I think this is a really cool thing for SoCal people but a little on the unfair side for out of towners.
    I agree with you.
    Karin * Waiting to get back to my Happy Place

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of surprised this is only being offered to locals. I don't see what they would lose out on by offering it to all U.S. residents. I can see the difficulties with offering to international folks.

I wonder if this will be implemented at WDW as well?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Have you heard anything about the "enhanced" fastpass coming back through WTC or AAA travel for 2009? Supposedly it was dropped from the travel packages the last couple years due to YOMD.

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

I wonder how much the financing charge is going to be?

First DLR Trip as a ticketed guest (no AP) Thanksgiving 2012
    Disneyland every NYE from 1985-2010
    WDW Nov 2003, May 2009, Aug/Sept 2010
    WDW Wedding May 2008 at WP/LS
    TDR Oct/Nov 2008 DLP 1998

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i wouldn't say they raise prices to keep numbers down - they raise prices because people still pay. Until the numbers DO go down they will keep increasing prices. so - all this deal does is prime the pump for more APs - and more regular revenue.

That's another one too. It won't be much - but a nice stream of "financing" revenue coming in monthly. Could a finance charge and possible DPFC (disney parks finance and credit) be far behind?
    Interesting question, I recently participated in a Disney survey about linking a credit or debit card to an AP. The linkage would also allow parents to place a credit amount on their childrens card to use in the park.

Its not something I would be interested in for several reasons, but I could see it being attractive to others.

Registered User Disneymademoiselle's Avatar

This would be an even more wonderful idea if I didn't have to renew my pass for our trip on October 2nd . It's always so painful the one time of year I have to buy my new PAP, plus airfare, hotel, lots of assorted merchandise (), etc.

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005
    Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder: Est. April 20, 2006
    First trip to Walt Disney World: February 2009

Brother, Sister, Friends yohomama212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My friend seemed excited about this when I told her about it this weekend. They had passports but had to let them lapse due to the expense of having to buy PAPs for a family of 6. (Due to work schedules they'd never be able to go all together if they didn't have PAPs, but they are locals and do qualify for this.) Do they count as renewals or are they new because they haven't had passports since March?

Elizabeth

Everything's different.

Quote Originally Posted by yohomama212 View Post
    My friend seemed excited about this when I told her about it this weekend. They had passports but had to let them lapse due to the expense of having to buy PAPs for a family of 6. (Due to work schedules they'd never be able to go all together if they didn't have PAPs, but they are locals and do qualify for this.) Do they count as renewals or are they new because they haven't had passports since March?

Elizabeth
    Isn't it a "new" membership after like a month of lapse?

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

If they won't 'honor' the renewal discount the day the pass expires, I don't think you have to wait more than the day after your current pass expires.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Just call me Grumpy!
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.
    I really don't quite understand why this particular program can't be applied to at least all Californians...

Or does Disney think that (us) NorCal folks must earn so much money that we can afford to pay for APs in full?

I live in NV and would do it for a family of 5

"Tell Everybody I'm On My Way"
    Disneyland Trips: 1975, 1979, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Disney World Trips: 1988, 1991, 1994

Here's a thought: The payment does not go through or bounces. Who is going to catch heck for it? The CM at the front gate? I think it's a bad idea. I can see why they are doing it, they want as many people in DL as possible and with the economy the way it is, anyway to drag them in they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone View Post
    I really don't quite understand why this particular program can't be applied to at least all Californians...

Or does Disney think that (us) NorCal folks must earn so much money that we can afford to pay for APs in full?

I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.
    AVP
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else who isn't a socal resident Not fair!

bumping up because someone else was looking for it.

www.visionsfantastic.com

That's the most sensible thing I've heard come from Disney in YEARS.

no interest, too? Still, once I add all the family members on one at a time, it's going to be a pretty big bite every month...

LATEST DADDYB PHOTO UPDATE!!!
    Come see Disneyland at it's most beautiful!
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2010_07_11_update/

Does anyone know if you have to take the full 12 months to pay off the pass? If you wanted to pay if off in say 3 months, would they allow you to make larger payments?

My AP expired October 9th and I don't know if I can afford to renew so if they're going to start this in November I could probably buy mine then but I'd prefer to pay it off in less than a year.

Wow, this is seriously good news! AP's have always been out of reach for us due to the cost for 5 of us, but if we can make payments, it just might be do-able!

A very merry unbirthday to you!!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katran View Post
    Wow, this is seriously good news! AP's have always been out of reach for us due to the cost for 5 of us, but if we can make payments, it just might be do-able!

Until things change, this special is only available to So Cal residents. I see your location is Arizona...you're in the same boat with those of us in Nor Cal...we don't qualify for the payment plan.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Oh, I didn't realize it was only for SoCal folks. That really sucks. Aren't those the people most likely to get an AP in the first place?

A very merry unbirthday to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone View Post

I agree...
    DisneyShoes