Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Coming soon to Disneyland - Monthly Payment Annual Passes

Just posted to my MousePlanet Blog:

Though everyone is talking about the official announcement of the 2009 "What Will You Celebrate" marketing campaign, the Disneyland Resort quietly announced another new program to cast members today.

Starting this fall, Disneyland Resort passholders will be offered the opportunity to fiance their Annual Passports over 12 months. Passholders will make a deposit equal to the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket, then pay the balance over 12 months. Payments will be automatically charged to a credit card placed on file at the time the passport is purchased.

This option will be available to new passholders starting November 4th, 2008; and for renewals on January 1, 2009. The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

woo hoo!!! More great news!!!

If our pass expires on the 1st of Oct. are we considered NEW on Nov 4th????

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh wow. This could be good news for our family. Currently only one of us even has a passport and he doesn't know how to drive...

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I am happy I might be able to get a pass again, but then I think if I have to make payments on it should I really get it?
    Will there be intrest?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle Duck View Post
    woo hoo!!! More great news!!!

If our pass expires on the 1st of Oct. are we considered NEW on Nov 4th????
    The way it was explained to me is that the renewal letters sent to the November and December-expiration passholders won't include this option because the program wasn't finalized at the time the letters were prepared. If your pass expires 10/1 and you don't renew, then you can buy an AP on the monthly payment plan on 11/4.

Quote Originally Posted by mulansgirl View Post
    Will there be intrest?
    Nope!

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

I'll be purchasing a new AP in November (previous one expired in July) so I'll put the "only SoCal" restriction to the test.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'll be purchasing a new AP in November (previous one expired in July) so I'll put the "only SoCal" restriction to the test.
    If they say no, I suggest asking them "Don't you know who I AM?!?!?"

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

As the information is posted at www.disneyland.com it shows:

New Monthly Payments Option*
    Only available at Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booths.

Hey Southern California residents! Spread out the cost of your Disneyland Resort Annual Passports over 12 months interest free!

To Renew a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport...
    Now you have a choice. When you renew your Annual Passport, you can pre-pay for the entire year OR just pay month-by-month. Come to the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth to renew your Annual Passport.

Renewal Price Monthly Payment
    Premium $369.00 $30.75
    Deluxe $249.00 $20.75
    Southern California $174.00 $14.50
    Southern California Select $134.00 $11.17

For a New Disneyland Resort Annual Passport...
    New Annual Passports via the Monthly Payments option MUST be purchased at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth. Upgrade a 1-Day/1-Park ticket to an Annual Passport for as little as $5.42 per month.

Annual Pass
    Regular Price 1-Day 1-Park
    Ticket Price
    Down Payment Annual Pass
    Monthly Payment
    Premium $389.00 $69.00 $26.67
    Deluxe $269.00 $69.00 $16.67
    Southern California $174.00 $69.00 $8.75
    Southern California Select $134.00 $69.00 $5.42

* Monthly Payments valid only for Southern California residents living in zip codes 90000-93599. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Starting this fall, Disneyland Resort passholders will be offered the opportunity to fiance their Annual Passports over 12 months.
    That is great. Since my DMV bill with the state of California is twice what a premium annual passport it, this would be wonderful.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 09-19-2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Please keep quote to same length as reply.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Will it automatically renew and continue (which would be interesting if they essentially made the annual pass into a club membership) or does it automatically end after the year is paid for?

What happens if you sign up use the heck out of the benefits for 2 months and then close the debit/credit card that is being used? Are you billed for the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    Will it automatically renew and continue (which would be interesting if they essentially made the annual pass into a club membership) or does it automatically end after the year is paid for?

What happens if you sign up use the heck out of the benefits for 2 months and then close the debit/credit card that is being used? Are you billed for the rest?
    Hmmm things to think about. On the former, seeing how Disney is on the discounts, I doubt it will be automatic renewals. On the latter, I never thought about that.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I love this idea
    I buy Mr. Niwel his pass every year for Chanukah. This will make it easier to pay for two.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of surprised this is only being offered to locals. I don't see what they would lose out on by offering it to all U.S. residents. I can see the difficulties with offering to international folks.

I wonder if this will be implemented at WDW as well?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Have you heard anything about the "enhanced" fastpass coming back through WTC or AAA travel for 2009? Supposedly it was dropped from the travel packages the last couple years due to YOMD.

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

I wonder how much the financing charge is going to be?

First DLR Trip as a ticketed guest (no AP) Thanksgiving 2012
    Disneyland every NYE from 1985-2010
    WDW Nov 2003, May 2009, Aug/Sept 2010
    WDW Wedding May 2008 at WP/LS
    TDR Oct/Nov 2008 DLP 1998

Just call me Grumpy!
    The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.
    I really don't quite understand why this particular program can't be applied to at least all Californians...

Or does Disney think that (us) NorCal folks must earn so much money that we can afford to pay for APs in full?

I live in NV and would do it for a family of 5

"Tell Everybody I'm On My Way"
    Disneyland Trips: 1975, 1979, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Disney World Trips: 1988, 1991, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone View Post
    I really don't quite understand why this particular program can't be applied to at least all Californians...

Or does Disney think that (us) NorCal folks must earn so much money that we can afford to pay for APs in full?

I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone View Post

I agree...
    DisneyShoes

Here's a thought: The payment does not go through or bounces. Who is going to catch heck for it? The CM at the front gate? I think it's a bad idea. I can see why they are doing it, they want as many people in DL as possible and with the economy the way it is, anyway to drag them in they will do it.

The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.
    AVP
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else who isn't a socal resident Not fair!

bumping up because someone else was looking for it.

Financing an annual pass Today?

The promotion for spreading out payments (for an annual pass) over a year was supposed to start today, but I haven't seen anything about it on the Disneyland website...anyone heard anything? My hubby and I are looking forward to getting back to Disneyland and were hoping to take advantage of this offer...ANY news on this is appreciated, thanks!

Anybody buy the new finance pass yet?

I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten the new $69 dollar down payment pass and if its gonna work for you, or if there are any hidden terms when buying a financed pass.

Will the AP finance option finally come...?

I think it's known to start on the 2nd, but I'm not sure. Anybody have any details if this is true? I'm getting one as a gift to hopefully someone special, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping it starts this week.