Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Large group one Villa

Large group one Villa

Is there a Villa at WDW that is available to rent? We are 8 adults and 1 child and require one four bedroom unit. All I could find were 2 bedroom units.

2. # ADS

Friend of Figment

What you need to look for is a "Grand Villa" which is designed to sleep 12 people. The Studios and one bedroom are generally designed for four people while the two bedrroms are designed for eight people.

There are boards where you can rent points, or arrange for an owner to make the reservation for you. Generally points tend to rent in a $10-$12 range.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Blog Entries

The Grand Villas are a 3 bedroom unit. Two adults would need to sleep in the living room on the pull out couch.
    From what I hear renting a DVC unit cash is pretty steep so it could be cheaper to rent points from a member. I have personally not rented points or rented them out so I am not too sure of how it all works. As CF said there are boards that have areas that you can look for a member who is willing to rent out points.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Are you willing to go off Disney? house rentals (usually called villas) around Disney are nice and actually pretty cheap compared to hotel rooms. It's been my first choice for family groups larger then 8. Of course it means providing your own transport.

Because there is limited availability of Grand Villas, you may consider getting two 2-bedroom villas at the same resort, and ask to be placed in the same building. You may be able to find a DVC owner, who wishes to rent their points, and has enough points to rent, to cover a Grand Villa, but I would not count on that. DVC owners can reserve a unit at their home resort 11 months ahead of time, and, you probably need that time frame, to get a Grand Villa, unless you are looking at a very slow time of the year. Even if you were paying cash, if you are looking at a reservation less than 11 months in the future, the Grand Villas are probably all booked. A two-bedroom villa is quite spacious, has two full baths, a full kitchen, and a washer-drying in the unit.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While we did get our GV at AKL at the 7 month mark, it took a lot of points. Finding a member with that many points to rent can be a real challenge. The funny part is that for the price of a typical stay in a GV, you can easily put a 25% down payment on a DVC membership.

So, there is no real cheap way around that.

While I am a die-hard stay on-site kind of person, renting an off-site vacation home may provide even more of what you need for such a group for much less. Sure, you would have to rent a couple of cars as well, but it is an option to think about comparing some of the other options that people mentioned already.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!