Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Year's Eve Visit

Neighbors were telling us today that they have been in the past and park in front of the castle because they do an East Coast countdown for 9pm. Does anyone know if this is a yearly thing or my neighbors just got lucky one year? I've googled with no luck to find a schedule for this year or last. I've only been able to find one back in 2002 and 2005.

If so, we're going to skip Fantasmic and park in front of the castle for the countdown, then hightail it out of there! Our son is 5 and won't be awake much past 9 no matter how loud or crazy. We'll just pretend we're in Orlando and then go to bed and be at the park at 8am the next morning.

Premium AP July 08-09 (24 days in the park from 6 hours away, woo hoo!), current Deluxe AP

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tchatters View Post
    Neighbors were telling us today that they have been in the past and park in front of the castle because they do an East Coast countdown for 9pm. Does anyone know if this is a yearly thing or my neighbors just got lucky one year? I've googled with no luck to find a schedule for this year or last. I've only been able to find one back in 2002 and 2005.

If so, we're going to skip Fantasmic and park in front of the castle for the countdown, then hightail it out of there! Our son is 5 and won't be awake much past 9 no matter how loud or crazy. We'll just pretend we're in Orlando and then go to bed and be at the park at 8am the next morning.
    They have done 9pm countdowns in the past, as they are televised. Not always in front of the castle though. One year it was in front of IASW. Ask a cast member, they usually know where the filming is.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

New Years Eve Advice

Hey everyone! I could really use some advice regarding my upcoming trip to Disneyland. I will be in the park from December 31st to January 1st. I have an anual pass and was planning on buying a blackout day ticket on new years eve.

Do you think that would be manageable? I heard that the crowds are very large on new years. Any advice for dealing with the large crowds, especially when the park could reach capacity.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We were there on New Year's Eve a few years ago (for the 50th), and it was nuts. People were parking for fireworks viewing in the morning, they closed the park to new entries in the afternoon, and it was BUSY everywhere. Based on it not being the 50th and the current economy, I hope it isn't as bad this year but if I were you I would plan on huge crowds and waiting a long time in line for anything.

The upside is that most people were still so happy to be in DLand that overall, people were really nice.

Thanks! I am going to go into the park ready to be in the crowds. Hopefully it calms down in the few days after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter The Mouse View Post
    Do you think that would be manageable? I heard that the crowds are very large on new years. Any advice for dealing with the large crowds, especially when the park could reach capacity.
    Your thread has been merged with another on the same subject. See above for responses.

Phbbbt

does anyone know which day would be better to go, the friday (jan 2) or saturday (jan 3) after new years? or will both be crazy busy >_< lol

Disney makes me happy

We survived and had a blast! Thanks M10T and everyone for great advice. We parked ourselves for riverfront Fantasmic seating at 2:45pm on NYE and while it was cold and wet, we really had a great time. Our son was thrilled to see Fantasmic up close and personal for the very first time.

Although it was busy, most everyone was in a very festive mood and cooperative! We managed to do 15 attractions on NYE, though nearly all of those were before 11am. It was a fabulous day!

Premium AP July 08-09 (24 days in the park from 6 hours away, woo hoo!), current Deluxe AP