Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Courtyard view at Wilderness Lodge

Courtyard view at Wilderness Lodge

I'm looking for info on rooms at Wilderness Lodge. They are (in order of cost)standard, woods view, and courtyard. Are they all the same and the view is the only difference? Can anyone share firsthand knowledge of the courtyard view rooms? What would these rooms be closest to? What is the view really like? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

We booked a standard room for our trip the first week of December 2007, and were upgraded to courtyard view upon check in. Our view was gorgeous, on the 6th floor and overlooking woods, the villas, the villa pool, and way off to the left, the lake. Plus, it was a short walk down the stairs (or elevator) and out a side door to the path to the bus stop. Honestly, I wouldn't pay extra for the view. Just make sure you request a room away from the main lobby (the noise from Whispering Canyon Cafe can get to be a bit much).

--jenny

Take me to my city by the bay... Mrs Mouse's Avatar

We just returned from our stay at the Wilderness Lodge - we also booked a standard view and were upgraded to a courtyard view when checking in.

I imagine that courtyard views will vary widely, but ours was absolutely amazing. We were on the 5th floor, overlooking the entire main pool area, the waterfall, walkways, geiser and lake/boat dock, which were to our right. At night we had a view of the fireworks, even though they were slightly obstructed by trees, and we could also see the electrical water pageant. It was just perfect. The location was a bit of a walk from the main lobby, but the walk was so pleasant that we didn't even notice the distance.

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles Schulz

Wilderness Lodge...more ???'s

Thanks for the input! We were originally booked for a standard view, but when discount codes came out last week I was able to save a little money and get an upgrade to the courtyard view. If they still had standard or woods available at the discount price, I would have gladly taken that and saved even more! If we are able to see the electrical parade or fireworks that would be an extra added bonus!!!

Regarding Wilderness Lodge...does anyone know when the lobby Christmas tree goes up? Also, does anyone know anything about the horse & carriage rides at WL? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mousachusetts View Post
    If we are able to see the electrical parade or fireworks that would be an extra added bonus!!!
    Well, you won't be able to see SpectroMagic from your room view, no matter where your room is, as the parade is kinda buried down inside the MK. Or were you talking about the Electrical Water Pageant? If so, then yes, you might have a nice view of that as it floats by.

Good luck!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

The Christmas tree and decorations should definitely be up immediately following Thanksgiving, if not before. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

--jenny

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For sure up after Turkey day - just not sure how far before they'll be up. People actually find out when they're doing the Grand Floridian major holiday install and book that hotel, then hang out in the lobby area most of the night watching! You might be able to call to see when the install is scheduled for Wilderness!

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Well, you won't be able to see SpectroMagic from your room view, no matter where your room is, as the parade is kinda buried down inside the MK. Or were you talking about the Electrical Water Pageant? If so, then yes, you might have a nice view of that as it floats by.

Good luck!
    Yes, I meant Electrical Water Pageant. Don't worry, I won't be sitting in our hotel room every day waiting for the parade to start ...although how cool would THAT be?

Christmas Decor

We'll be there November 8-15...so it sounds like we may or may not hit it right for the tree in the lobby?! I really hope we luck out!

We were upgraded from a woods view to a courtyard view. I had requested an upper floor, and when they gave me a room on the bottom floor, I asked to be moved. I'm glad I did because that "courtyard view" was of dirt beneath the waterfall area. We had to wait 1 night before we were moved into a beautiful room right off the lobby on the 5th floor. It looked out onto the pool and Bay Lake, and we did watch the Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony. We didn't mind the noise from WCC because we were still on California time in our bodies, and they were never open late enough to bother us.

We stayed at WL in 1999, and just booked a regular room, with king sized bed (no kids yet). When we arrived, we got a handicap accessable room (shower only - no tub or rim around shower), ground floor right next to the pool, so the room smelled of chlorine. We immediately called the front desk and they moved us to the 5th floor, middle of the "U", we overlooked the geyser, lake, courtyard, and part of the pool, had a balcony we ate dinner at a few nights while watching the water parade... all this at no additional cost, but it did have 2 queens, but for the view, we didnt care.
    From reading the other posts, it sounds as if WL keeps a few of these rooms for people who arent happy with their room assignments. Also, the room was an adjoining room, so maybe they keep those open for unforseen reasons, so if you do book the courtyard room, you may not get one that is in the middle of the "U". You might try calling and requesting one of those rooms after you make the reservation.
    So far this was our favorite resort we have stayed at onsite.