Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: FL - no addition fee for Rental Car Drop off at different location

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FL - no addition fee for Rental Car Drop off at different location

I remember that Florida had a law or policy that did not allow for an extra fee to drop off a rental car at another FL location than the pick up. Did this change, or am I remembering incorrectly? I usually rent from Budget and have no fee to pick up in Orlando and return in Tampa or vice versa. Now, I went to the Dollar site to check rates for Orlando and it adds on a $50 fee to return to Tampa. The rental price is less than Budget, but the extra $50 makes it come out more. I was more curious than upset, because I can keep the Budget rental.

FL car rental fee for other drop off

I remember that Florida had a law or policy that did not allow for an extra fee to drop off a rental car at another FL location than the pick up. Did this change, or am I remembering incorrectly? I usually rent from Budget and have no fee to pick up in Orlando and return in Tampa or vice versa. Now, I went to the Dollar site to check rates for Orlando and it adds on a $50 fee to return to Tampa. The rental price is less than Budget, but the extra $50 makes it come out more. I was more curious than upset, because I can keep the Budget rental.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought that it was a state law/regulation. I think I'd read it on Mousesavers, so you might want to check it out there. I hadn't heard it had changed, but I haven't been renting cars since DME started, so I haven't kept close tabs on those items.

Cathy