Quantcast Disney's car care center?
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Disney's car care center?

  1. #1

    Disney's car care center?

    I read somewhere that you can rent cars at a place called Disney's car care center? Does anyone know where this is? Will WDW transportation get you there from our hotel? We are considering renting a car for only a day or two during our stay at the resort, so we can't pick up at the airport. Any suggestions?


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior
    MousePad Subscriber
    Andrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    The Car Care Center is just outside the Magic Kingdom's toll gate. Here is an aerial view: link

    There's a gas station and mini-mart, several car rental agencies and an AAA office.

    --
    Andrew [MousePlanet Systems Engineer | MousePad Administrator]

    Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!



  4. #3
    Friend of Figment
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poinciana, FL (20 miles from WDW)

    It is a combined Alamo/National location.

    If you call them they will send a van to your Resort to pick you up prior to the rental. When you return the car, their van will take you to any location on WDW, be it Park or Resort.

    Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

    For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma

    I used this service on our trip in June. I rented through Alamo on the WDW travel website. It was hassle free and I was glad to have them pick me up at my resort so I didn't have to drive from the airport. Also, the day I returned the car, we were running late due to computer problems at airline check-in. The courtesy van got me back to the resort just in time. It worked well for me! Good luck!


  6. #5
    The Dogfather
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN

    We used the Car Care services a few years ago. We had a tire blow out on I-75 a few hundred feet from the turnpike. When I finally got the spare on, I realized that it wouldn't do. When we arrived at Pop Century at @ 3pm, the concierge called and asked if they could get us in. It was the day before Thanksgiving and they were ready to pack up.

    So we rushed over there and it turned out that THREE of the OTHER tires had nails in them! They replaced all four tires in less than 20 minutes--it was like a NASCAR pit team. They were super-polite and even explained to me that the car had the WRONG tires on it from the dealership!

    They replaced all four tires for $450 on my wife's Toyota RAV4 and got us back to our room before 5pm. Incredible service. I wrote a letter of thanks to the manager and his crew for staying to help us instead of going home early for Thanksgiving.

    George and Ashley
    Murfreesboro, TN
     

  7. #6
    Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior
    MousePad Subscriber
    Andrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpookster View Post
    So we rushed over there and it turned out that THREE of the OTHER tires had nails in them! They replaced all four tires in less than 20 minutes--it was like a NASCAR pit team. They were super-polite and even explained to me that the car had the WRONG tires on it from the dealership!

    They replaced all four tires for $450 on my wife's Toyota RAV4 and got us back to our room before 5pm. Incredible service. I wrote a letter of thanks to the manager and his crew for staying to help us instead of going home early for Thanksgiving.
    I love this kind of story and it's great that you wrote a thank-you letter.

    Considering the Richard Petty Experience right next door, maybe the garage guys were moonlighting NASCAR mechanics?
    --
    Andrew [MousePlanet Systems Engineer | MousePad Administrator]

    Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!



  8. #7
    The Dogfather
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I love this kind of story and it's great that you wrote a thank-you letter.

    Considering the Richard Petty Experience right next door, maybe the garage guys were moonlighting NASCAR mechanics?
    Andrew, you know...you might be right! HA! These guys were incredible. The manager was awesome and I couldn't BELIEVE the price. I thought, "crap, this is gonna be pricey..." and when we received the bill, I was shocked. I would probably have paid more at a dealership. The tires were pretty large, so the price was VERY fair.
    George and Ashley
    Murfreesboro, TN
     

  9. #8
    Friend of Figment
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poinciana, FL (20 miles from WDW)
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpookster View Post
    They were super-polite and even explained to me that the car had the WRONG tires on it from the dealership!

    They replaced all four tires for $450 on my wife's Toyota RAV4 and got us back to our room before 5pm.
    If you bought your vehicle new the tires on it would have been provided by the manufacturer, not the dealer. Also your owner's manual should have said something about the type of tires on the car. The only reason your car might have had tires from the dealer were if you purchased the car used and they had put all new tires on before selling it. And if the deal had done this they would have opened themselves up to all sorts of liability lawsuits.

    I cannot believe that people at any car repair center would be honest when they tell someone that all the tires on their car are the incorrect size or type.
    Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

    For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

  10. #9
    Freeeeezing in Michigan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Standish, Michigan

    i am a technician at a dealership, and when the service writers see someone that obviously doesnt know a lick about their vehicle, or is in desperate need of repair, they take advantage of them. i notice this, and i tell the customer personally and suggest a more proper repair. i think you have been had, did they show you the tires with the nails? and did they proove that they were the wrong tires? if you look in your door jamb, or in your owners manual, it will tell you your tire size. its people like those techs that give us a bad name..


  11. #10
    The Dogfather
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by campaug View Post
    i am a technician at a dealership, and when the service writers see someone that obviously doesnt know a lick about their vehicle, or is in desperate need of repair, they take advantage of them. i notice this, and i tell the customer personally and suggest a more proper repair. i think you have been had, did they show you the tires with the nails? and did they proove that they were the wrong tires? if you look in your door jamb, or in your owners manual, it will tell you your tire size. its people like those techs that give us a bad name..
    Yes, they showed us the tires. We were standing 15 feet from them, watching. They rolled the tires over to us. My wife and I noticed a slight wobble when driving the car and had taken it back to the dealership on one occasion thinking it was the alignment. Nope, after the crew at the car-care center put the PROPER tires on, the car drove like an absolute dream.

    Your statement says more about you and your dishonest dealership than me, sir.
    George and Ashley
    Murfreesboro, TN
     

  12. #11
    Freeeeezing in Michigan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Standish, Michigan

    youre not saying that i am dishonest are you? i work there because it is my first tech job. anyway back to the original post, from what you say they seem very courteous and know alot. i should perhaps do the college student program and work in the world for 10 months. fix cars all day and then go play in the parks at night, that would be absolutely fantastic.


  13. #12
    Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    GusMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Blog Entries
    14
    Moderators Note: Lets keep this on topic and not make this more personal than it needs to be. Thanks much.
    The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!
     

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bolton, England

    If i was to hire a car part way through my stay at WDW how would you go on about resort parking, thats if i have it for more that one day?

     

  15. #14
    ARG's Dad
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    That worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by garethanders View Post
    If i was to hire a car part way through my stay at WDW how would you go on about resort parking, thats if i have it for more that one day?
    Are you staying on-property? If so, then parking is free both at your hotel and at the parks. When you check in, just let them know that you will have a car and they will give you a parking certificate to keep on the dashboard. It shouldn't matter at all if you aren't getting the car until part way through the trip.

    -Jeff
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

    Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA

    Travel Time

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOkie View Post
    I used this service on our trip in June. I rented through Alamo on the WDW travel website. It was hassle free and I was glad to have them pick me up at my resort so I didn't have to drive from the airport. Also, the day I returned the car, we were running late due to computer problems at airline check-in. The courtesy van got me back to the resort just in time. It worked well for me! Good luck!
    Hi Annie,

    Can you tell me how long it took you to get back to your resort after you dropped off the car? We are renting and I'm considering dropping off the car at the CCC and taking ME back to MCO. I don't want to miss the ME bus back to the airport. Thanks.
     

  17. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinner08 View Post
    Hi Annie,

    Can you tell me how long it took you to get back to your resort after you dropped off the car? We are renting and I'm considering dropping off the car at the CCC and taking ME back to MCO. I don't want to miss the ME bus back to the airport. Thanks.
    Hi! I would say it took 20 min. or less. It was very close, but not by any fault of the CCC. Just be sure and budget plenty of time in case there are any glitches in your plans!! Have a great time.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •