Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Upgrading ticket to annual pass?

Upgrading hopper to deluxe pass on blackout date

I am going to be in Disneyland next week from Wed July 16th through Sunday, July 20th. My son and I will have 5-day park hopper passes. If we decide to upgrade to Deluxe Annual Passes (with blackout dates-- including most Saturdays), what happens if I do the upgrade on a Saturday, after I have already spent some time in the parks that day? Will I have to pay the $40.00 per person blackout entry price? If I wait until Sunday to upgrade, will Disney charge me an extra $40.00 per deluxe pass upgrade, knowing that I visited the parks on Saturday already? Might seem like a silly question but... Perhaps someone out there can enlighten me. :o)

Leslie

2. # ADS

They will give you a readmission ticket so that you can get back in on Saturday. You just present your readmission ticket and your new ap and there would be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by letitsnow View Post
    They will give you a readmission ticket so that you can get back in on Saturday. You just present your readmission ticket and your new ap and there would be no problem.
    Wonderful! Thanks so much!
    Leslie

You can always use your AP on the first day without black out fees. We bought our AP's on a blackout day and didn't know this, we could have had an extra day at the parks.

If you found your laughing place, how come you aren't laughing?

Renewing SoCal AP + $99 ticket = ?

I have a SoCal AP that is good through August 21 when it expires. We are blocked out until the 17th.

I would like to take the kids to DLR before August 17th.

May I purchase a summer fun $99 ticket for all of us so we can go before August 17th...then use it to renew my AP? Is it possible to use this ticket toward an AP renewal? Or is there a better/smarter way to do this that allows me to have my cake (go now during the block out) and eat it too (apply a ticket toward a renewal)???

Thank you!

Good question, sorry I don't have an answer for you. I ran into a similar thing before, and was so annoyed I didn't research better and got stuck paying for an upgrade for about a month and a half (because DH didn't want to wait in line for a blackout ticket.) I would have been better off buying a new AP or something (cheaper).

I wonder how that would work? Since the AP is good on any day, what would happen if you bought a new one & used it that day, then redeemed it? I guess you would miss out on the extra month if the new AP started right away?

Thanks Koala Gurl. I don't want to renew the AP now as I cannot use it due to the blockout til Aug 17th. If I bought a blockout ticket, that would be $40. The summer pass is "worth" $99. I thought it might be a better deal because I'd get 3 "blockout tickets" for less and apply it toward the renewal, but I just don't know if that's the best way or even "legal" in Disney's eyes.

Blog Entries

I don't think SoCals get a renewal upgrade, so I would buy it, use it, then upgrade it to a SoCal pass. No renewal needed.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Questions regarding renewing/upgrading annual pass

I have a annual pass and right now I am blocked out but a friend of our purchased us 2 day hopper passes for us and I know I can use this to upgrade our passes but can it be used to renew since we are only about a two months before our renewal?

Upgrading ticket to annual pass?

Hi

I want to buy 3-day passes for $164 from arestravel.

I see that so cal annual pass is $169

on my day 3, last day at DL when I was going to be leaving soon, could I go to bank and request so cal passes for the $5 upgrade, even if that is a blackout day?

Is there anywhere to do that at DCA too?

Also, what if I bought from disneyland.com where they are both $169 each. Do they let you upgrade to annual pass if the price is identical from your current ticket to the one you want?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimi911 View Post
    Also, what if I bought from disneyland.com where they are both $169 each. Do they let you upgrade to annual pass if the price is identical from your current ticket to the one you want?
    Yes. Remember to calculate shipping into the Ares travel price. If you are upgrading, I would just buy from Disneyland.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Yes. Remember to calculate shipping into the Ares travel price. If you are upgrading, I would just buy from Disneyland.com.
    Yeah, thing I wasn't positive about is if I decide not to upgrade. Ares lets you do the e-tickets now which is nice too.

I was also just worried if I got at disneyland.com $169 if they do let you upgrade to a same price ticket, or if the upgrade ticket has to be more money than original, but I guess not? I should be safe?

Thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimi911 View Post
    Yeah, thing I wasn't positive about is if I decide not to upgrade. Ares lets you do the e-tickets now which is nice too.

I was also just worried if I got at disneyland.com $169 if they do let you upgrade to a same price ticket, or if the upgrade ticket has to be more money than original, but I guess not? I should be safe?

Thanks!!!
    No, you can upgrade for equal value. You just cant use a ticket with a value greater than the AP.

Just to let everyone know, I got an official email response from Disney regarding whether the $99 fun pass can be upgraded to a SoCal annual pass.

Now I'm going to take a copy of this email to the park because when I called on the phone and spoke with a CM she said the $99 was not upgrade-able. So there ya go.

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND Resort.

You are welcome to apply the cost of your admission tickets to an Annual
    Passport of equal or greater value. This would need to be done while in
    the Park during your visit to the Resort. To process the upgrade, please
    visit the Passport Processing Center at the Bank of Main Street inside
    DISNEYLAND Park.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
    opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND Resort soon and trust your visit
    will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,
    Unquote

We had no problem at all upgrading the $99 passes to SoCal Select APs in late June.