Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, who else cries when they leave Disneyland to go home?

Unhappy So, who else cries when they leave Disneyland to go home?

Yes, yes.....I realize there are millions of people in the world with huge, hideous problems that amount to more than a spoiled Disney freak like myself wanting to stay at the park longer and feeling the wrenching heartbreak upon leaving, but...

THE POST-DISNEYLAND BLUES ARE SIMPLY AWFUL!!!!!!

DH and I got back Saturday from a week there with our kids (ages 4 and 1) and I am beside myself with missing it. It happens every time, and I feel like sprinting the 370 miles down Interstate 5 right now just to get back there for even one day. Well, that is a lie, because I want the whole family to go.

We're going again in February for our daughter's 2nd birthday, but I am already working on DH about another trip prior to that. We have APs so why not? (I keep telling him that)

Please assure me that I will indeed survive until our next trip, and not completely waste away pining for Disneyland.

2. # ADS

Don't feel bad. Dh and I are really bummed when we have to go home too. We actually build time into our schedule to go to the park the last day before we have to make the trip up 5.

We have a trip planned in November and I've been anxiously awaiting it. Thank goodness we decided a couple of weeks ago to go later this week.

But come Sunday I'll be in the same boat as you.

I cry!
    See what my son made for me?

I feel the same way.

Stop by my design blog, there you will find free coloring pages, paperdolls, and a lot of snazzy things to look at!

I don't cry but I get really crabby. I act like an 8 year old that didn't get her way. I know it's wrong but I can't help it. We don't get to go that often and it bums me out. I try and try to get my boyfriend to move to Orange County but he just won't go for it.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

I cry when I first get there and step onto Main Street, and I cry like a baby when it's time to leave on the last day. I grew up in CA and miss it a lot, so when I get back home to TX I am usually depressed for a few days.

2010 Year of The Tiger The Evil Queen's Avatar

Oh My Gosh! I cry all the time...My DH/DS makes it a point to take a photo of me with the parade/castle/fireworks (whichever is happening on our last night) in the background and me in the foreground crying.

They tease without mercy because I cry from the moment my foot hits Main Street until the time we leave and many, many, many times in between!

I even cry when I see the castle shot on Disney movies. I cried thru Enchanted because it was SO Disney! I've got the Disney bug really BAD...

Raising my hand

I cry amid all the rolling eyes of my boys, coming and going, DL and WDW

~Annie

I've been there a 100+ times and can't say I've ever cried. Maybe it's so routine (still magical) and I know I can get there easily that it doesn't have that emotional effect on me.

Suspended in the timelessness of innerspace are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Magnification... Magnification... Magnification...

I used to get teary eyed as a kid and teen because I was never sure when I'd be back. But now that I'm an adult, and go at least every year, I turn around and face the castle when leaving (Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella) and say, "See ya real soon!", with a big grin on my face!

I cry because I know it will be at least two years before we get down again.

yoho yoho a pirates life for me

next trip to Disneyland July 8 2014

Mousemom

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

It's finally here! dkthepainter's Avatar

I fight back the tears when watching the "Remember...Dreams Come True" fireworks showd the Flag Retreat. I havn't ever cried while exiting the parks though. It never ceases to amaze me that even after spending a week in the parks at a time, on the way home we're recollecting the recent memories we've made, and immediently planning our next trip! It just never gets old. Timeless

I fight back the tears. I seem to go into a slight depression and DL withdraws. Then I put on my minnie mouse ears and start planning next years major trip.

Where I'd Rather Be!!

Okay, I think someone is trying to tell me that I fit in this category too! Oh my goodness, it was so bad after our last trip...I was fine when I left because we had done about everything, endured a day of rain and were completely exhausted from a week of fun but once I was home all the memories started flooding back. The smallest little thing would happen to trigger a special memory of our trip and a wave of Disney homesickness would pass through me! Sometimes I want to just hop in the car and go...nevermind that I am a sensible grownup most of the time!

I am only about 50 miles from Disneyland so usually am ok when I leave there because I know I can come back really soon. But WDW is another story! I am depressed for at least a week afterward and I immediately want to go back. We stay on property so it is such a magical experience. So I definitely can relate to the Disney withdrawal

We were coming home from a camping trip last month and Whit had her ipod going. The tears flowed as she listended to her Disneyland songs and her memories flooded back in.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

We call it PDD (post Disney depression) in our family. We mope around for weeks after our trip, realizing that it will be a year at least before the next trip, sometimes two years I still remember standing at the end of mainstreet on our last day of our first trip to Disneyland 5 years ago. We had done and seen everything but we didn't want to leave; it's just so hard to let go. The good news about this year's trip to DL is that we'll be going to the beach in FL a month or so later where we can plan with my mom and step-dad next summer's 10 day trip to WDW!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

I don't always cry, but I do sometimes. Usually it's just tearing up and refusing to let them flow down my cheeks. It helps that Piglet understands and sympathsizes with me.

I do get choked up at the "Remember" fireworks.

And the PDD (I love that, petesimac!) is terrible. We suffer from it when we get home too. And we're always planning the next one almost immediately.

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. - Hebrew proverb
    I believe in angels!

What am I? I am a Voyager. You ever hear of one?
    Bat's Breath!!

I don't usually cry.... But the 5 ladies that I bring down from WA cry.... I'm not sure if its actually that we are leaving DL or the 21 hour drive we have ahead of us..

*nodding head relating to everything that's been posted*

Yes I cry. And it's not hard to bring back the tears as the last moments of the last day of the last trip come to mind.

We're not always sure when the next trip will be (which is usually why I get teary-eyed, but also because of the wonderful memories), but because my kids are beginning to miss Disneyland as much as me, we're looking to return sometime in 2008.

My kids and I cry... not like bawling but tearing up, etc And my dh gets a little emotionally too... and I want to go so bad for the holidays... but it's hard to say if that will happen. Oh, and my oldest dd & I always crying during Remember Fireworks... we call them the "cry-er works"

nvmom

We are back from Disneyland for two weeks, and my wife still wakes up thinking we are there, and relates the dreams she has of riding Cali Scramin or Soarin LOL, and she calls me a disney freak.

I get grumpy the last day at Disneyland, and then depressed for two weeks after we go home. Almost teared up readin this, Thank God we go back in December. First Christmastime experience for all of us!!

I sometimes eat my Ice Cream with a Fork

PDD..always get it BAD after leaving...only get to go once or twice a year, sigh. It helps a little when I already have the next trip planned and booked. I have never actually cried upon leaving (but could easily) but my heart hurts...and does for quite sometime after.

I am so bad, that, as anxious as I am for the trip to arrive, I start immediately thinking "only five days left..."!!!

Trip countdowns, planning, the boards...that is what keeps me going in between visits.

During the visits I shed tears often!! Flag Retreat Ceremony, Fireworks, Snow and White Christmas in November, watching children interact witht he characters, etc., etc.!!

Sharon

Next trip Nov. 2011

My wife ALWAYS cries. This time it started before we entered the gates on the last day. Usually it isn't until we leave, but she got an early start. Then she goes into her "let's move to California" mode for a while, which isn't happening, at least anytime in the near future. We generally visit 1-2 times per year, so it is emotional when you have to leave, but at the same time, I am evil, and have to say "Bye Disneyland" when we leave, because I know it will start the tears flowing on her face.