Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Indy at the Parks- Your Favorite?

Indy at the Parks- Your Favorite?

In celebration of Indy opening at the theaters, I thought I'd blog a review of Indy attractions at the Disney parks worldwide.

Which attraction is your favorite and why? (Sorry I dont know how to poll!)

Mine is the DL Troop Transport attraction. It continues to amaze me to this day with its immersive environment, amazing detail, unique ride vehicle,and great storyline. The total package!

Hope this gets built in Florida- with a new storyline, of course!

Visit my blog- Disney, Movies, Music, and more:
    Over 1,000 Posts!
    www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com

2. # ADS

It's finally here! dkthepainter's Avatar

I've only been to the CA. parks, but ever since my 98' trip, I've loved the Indy attraction and considered it one of my favorites (how can you pick a favorite ride/attraction anyway). I think that the immense detail is wonderful and am always amazed by how it makes me feel included in this exciting, albeit imaginary, adventure!
    That said, and with the premier of the latest installment of the story, I do wish that the movie makers would have kept in mind that it is now associated with Disneyland, and have kept the profanity at bay. Not that they(the movie/s) are, or have ever been, marketed to young children, but I do long for the days when the viewer could enjoy an adventure/action movie without the added foul language and the like(not that I'm old enough to have lived in such times. I've only been told about them[and I watch TCM]. I just hope that respectable people get a hold of Hollywood and make some changes).

I don't think that Indiana Jones has too much profanity. If it had no profanity and was politically correct, it wouldn't be Indiana Jones.

It's finally here! dkthepainter's Avatar

I'm not at all concerned with political correctness (you certainly can't please everybody all of the time), but I do think that the demise of our culture's morals is evident when profanity is heard but no longer deemed crude or unseemly, but rather accepted and even encouraged. Most people no longer hear the foul language in movies today anyway, because they have become desensitized to what used to be considered inappropriate. Just my oppinion.

I've only experienced the attractions in CA & FL but I prefer DL over WDW for the simple reason I prefer rides over shows. Both are good, though, but I'd rather ride than sit and watch.

Profanity & crude language don't bother me [unfortunately some would say] but I think a movie like Indiana Jones which the producers know will be seen by many families and young people should keep the bad words to a minimum, if any are needed at all.