March 2011 Product Releases, Programs & Promotions at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
by, 03-03-2011 at 05:45 PM (7976 Views)
The March, 2011 merchandise newsletter contains information about the following programs, product releases and promotions offered at the domestic Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World.
Click on any of the links below to open each PDF page and view full details and images.
[Note: this is something created and distributed by Disney, it's not a MousePlanet document.]
For those Walt Disney World readers who may never have seen this before, it's a monthly summary of new ways you can spend money at the Disney theme parks, produced and distributed by the resort merchandise teams. Those Disneyland readers who have seen what used to be a 2- or 3-page flyer will immediately notice that the newsletter has a much different look and feel, and also now includes merchandise information for Walt Disney World. For starters, the old newsletter was small enough that I could easily attach it to these posts, but the new 12-page version is so big that Andrew split it into pages for easier viewing:
If you don't want to scroll through the whole thing, here are the highlights:
Disneyland AND Walt Disney World
- The extra Annual Passholder discounts have been extended at both Resorts through December 31, 2011. Premium and Premier Passholders receive 20% off and all other passes receive 10% off at participating locations.
- Both Resorts are offering a variety of Purchase with Purchase items, including pin trading starter sets, Mickey Mouse tote bags, rolling duffel bags and woven throw blankets.
- The Sci- Fi Academy Pin Trading Event is scheduled for June 24; tickets went on sale March 1. For more information, visit www.DisneyPins.com.
- A House of the Future Product Release & Signing featuring miniaturist Robert Olszewski is scheduled for March 19th at Disneyland's Disneyana Shop. The House of the Future sculpture is offered at $85, and a Limited Edition version is available for annual passholders. Additional information and online ordering instructions are available on the Art of Disney Parks Web site.
- A Precious Moments product release and signing event with Hideo Maeda is scheduled for March 26th at the Disneyland Resort. Details are on the Art of Disney Parks Web site.
Walt Disney World only
- A product release and artist signing for the new Look What I Got! Ink and Paint Cel is scheduled at Hollywood Studios on March 12. Several Disney Design Group artists will be on hand for a signing event. More information, including pricing and phone order options for those who can't attend in person, is available on the Art of Disney Parks Web site.
- 40th Anniversary Dooney & Bourke
Collection has been released at Walt Disney World. The collection looks a LOT like the 55th Anniversary collection released at Disneyland last year.
- Cal Ripken Jr. will sign his latest novel Hothead during an event at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Sunday, March 6 from 10am - Noon. Ripken will only sign copies of his book, and guests are asked not to bring personal items from home.
- A Precious Moments product release and signing event with Deb Butcher is scheduled for March 25th at the Walt Disney World Resort. Details are on the Art of Disney Parks Web site.