Angelina Jolie Casts a Spell as Maleficent in the New Issue of Disney Twenty-Three
by, 04-29-2014 at 09:27 AM (391 Views)
ANGELINA JOLIE CASTS A SPELL AS MALEFICENT ON THE COVER OF THE SUMMER 2014 ISSUE OF DISNEY TWENTY-THREE
DISNEY’S OFFICIAL FAN CLUB TALKS WITH THE ICONIC ACTRESS AND THE CREATIVE TEAM TO LEARN THE SECRETS BEHIND MAKING THE FILM; THE ISSUE ALSO TAKES A FASCINATING LOOK AT THE CREATION OF WALT DISNEY’S CLASSIC SLEEPING BEAUTY
Plus, D23.com journeys to galaxies from a long time ago—and into the future—with a deep dive into the Star Wars universe and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
BURBANK, Calif. – APRIL 29, 2014 – D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates the upcoming release of the eagerly anticipated Maleficent in the summer publication Disney twenty-three. Angelina Jolie and the creative team pull back the curtain on the surprising tale behind one of Disney’s most iconic villains. “I was afraid of her, and I loved her,” Jolie confesses in the cover story. Accompanying the piece is an in-depth look by animation historian Charles Solomon at the development of Walt Disney’s 1959 creative masterpiece, Sleeping Beauty, with rarely seen concept art and drawings.
Disney twenty-three’s Summer issue, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23, also includes a behind-the-engine look at Walt Disney World’s newest theme park attraction, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, featuring striking images and interviews with the team responsible for creating the experience, which is based on the world’s first animated feature. Disney twenty-three also explores the Marvel universe, talking to star Chris Pratt about his wild and wacky Super Hero adventure Guardians of the Galaxy.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Star Wars 101: A fascinating look at the creation of the landmark films—and what’s to come
- Disney Villains: The comprehensive list—from the mild to the wild—of Disney’s best baddies
- A tour of Walt Disney’s Hollywood, with rarely seen photos and stories about his favorite spots
- A behind-the-scenes look at Dusty Crophopper’s latest thrilling adventure in the new Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, PHOTOfiles, D Society, and more
All D23 Members are invited to visit www.D23.com for additional members-only content, including a talk with producer Don Hahn (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) about how Disney turned the animated Sleeping Beauty into the vibrant, live-action Maleficent.
Other features coming to D23.com include:
- A deeper journey into a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars mega fan Steve Sansweet
- The story behind Marvel’s selection of one of its lesser-known comic stories—Guardians of the Galaxy—to become its next mega-feature
- A virtual map of Walt Disney’s Los Angeles with rarely seen photos
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The publication will begin arriving mid-May.