PDA

View Full Version : Is it true someone was de-capitated on Space Moutain?

RedSquirrel
06-24-2001, 04:38 AM
I was just wondering thats all. I was at Disneyland a month or so ago, and the people infront of me were saying that a few years back they heard someone got de-capitated on the ride.

This scared my friend who was with me, he wanted to go somewhere else but I told him they wouldnt allow anyone to ride if it wasnt safe.

On the ride he kept his head low, but in a way there does look like a lot of bars all over the place when you are actually on the ride?

Ive also heard that a test dummy was de-capitated from a website...

Any truth to this? Has anything else happened on other rides at DL/DCA?:confused:

Matterhorn Fan
06-24-2001, 05:32 AM
Hmmm . . . decapitation on Space Mountain? Sounds like urban legend to me. Check out the Disney sections at www.snopes.com. They tell you all about the deaths that have happened at Disneyland, as does the book Mouse Tales (a must-read).

RedSquirrel
06-24-2001, 09:26 AM
wow that sites pretty interesting..thanks

zapppop
06-24-2001, 11:39 AM
That happened in Walt Disney World.

KevAct1
06-24-2001, 11:44 AM
I was on Space Mountain about a month or so ago, and we got stuck. To get us out, they had to turn on all the light. While it looks like the tracks and bars are very close to you, they are a good three or four feet above your head. Ghost Rider at Knott's has tracks that are closer to you. There is no way someone could have gotten decapitated on the ride, unless they stood up. Which reminds me - maybe the people who were talking got confused. A couple of years ago, someone stood up on the Matterhorn and knocked there head into a low overhang and died. Maybe that's what they were talking about.

Mr D
06-24-2001, 11:45 AM
I vaguely recall hearing about that, anyone care to dig into this? But then again personally I did not want to know such gory details.

zapppop
06-24-2001, 11:48 AM
A- HA !!!

It's totally false !

The Walt Disney World thing happened to a test dummy, not a real passenger.

Someone DID die while riding the one in Euro Disney but that was due to a heart attack, not decapitation.

ODV CM
06-24-2001, 12:44 PM
Probably just confused it with the Matterhorn. People get the names wrong all the time about the Disneyland Attractions(Rocket Rods=Batman Ride? or Back to the Future? come on people!). Add that to the fact that tales get more and more eggagerated every time they get spread around, and thats probably how someone ended up getting decapitated on Space Mountain instead of someone hitting their head on the Matterhorn.