PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholders preview at DCA

potzbie
03-08-2008, 04:05 AM
Thursday March 14, 2008, will be a special preview day at DCA.

If you haven't read page 4 of "Disneyland Backstage Pass," (Spring 2008) here is a quickie summary, by yours truly.

For Annual Passholders, Disneyland will be allowing a special preview of the "Pixar Play Parade," and the all-new "Playhouse Disney Live On Stage" at Disney's California Adventure.

I'll be going. How about you?

P.S. -- Easter is a little early this year, namely, March 23rd. Thus the preview (and the two new attractions) is about one week before Easter weekend. The school-vacation crowd is anticipated, surely, by Disney, as well as by MousePlanet regulars, I would think.

Tinkermommy
03-08-2008, 04:47 AM
[B]For Annual Passholders, Disneyland will be allowing a special preview of the "Pixar Play Parade,"[/I]

When I read that, I couldn't help wondering --and I don't mean this skeptically, I truly am curious -- how can you have a parade preview just for AP holders? It seems impossible to make this type of event "exclusive" unless it's before normal park opening...

HisKid
03-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Maybe it's only advertised to AP holders?

olegc
03-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Maybe it's only advertised to AP holders?

there you go - special preview.... but we're not going to change our operating hours just for that...

sing with me (to the tune of "call the whole thing off")
You say "AP Preview" and I say "Dress Rehearsal"
da da da, da da da..... :fez:

SJF510
03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
DH and DS will be at the 12:30 preview. I am hoping to be there, but I don't know if I can make it. Darn being an accountant during busy season. If you see a cute little boy in a wheelchair with a Disney shirt on, please say hi. It's sure to be Nathan enjoying his special AP preview. :)

Toocherie
03-08-2008, 04:08 PM
maybe they set up a special "passholders" only area? seating? I'm baffled at how they would pull this off too . . . .

Another Dimension
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM
The Playhouse Disney AP Previews will require a valid AP to enter the attraction...

The Pixar Play Parade AP Preview is really just an official parade preview for every Guest at DCA... and the APs are just being informed about it in mass, as a special AP preview.

There most likely will be no printed announcement to the park Guests on any of the Guide Maps, there will just a few pre-parade announcements on Thursday.

The AP PPP Preview was only announced to APs thru the AP Newsletter as a special AP Preview, only as a mass informative announcement to Passholders, that's all it is.

All DCA park Guests may enjoy the parade preview, but most of them (non-APs) will have no idea what's going on until the pre-parade preview announcements are made.

Rumor has it there may be some actual un-announced 'soft opening/previews' early this week, but they may or may not happen... as there has been no official Disney announcement of them.

Thursday March 13th, the PPP preview has been officially announced (to APs) and PPP will be performed at 5:15pm...
barring any technical difficulties of course.

:)

yohomama212
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I'll be there with a friend and a mom's group from meetup.com. We're definately doing Playhouse Disney and I'm hoping some of us will make it to the parade, that makes for a very long day in the life of a toddler!

Elizabeth

Heaven Is Disneyland
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I will be there with my daughter, Lilly. If I see Nathan, I will be sure to say hello! There are multiple shows that day so who knows if we will be there at the same time.........

socaltexan02
03-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm planning on it - w/ my 5 and 3 year olds - tomorrow.

I'm in search of my copy of Backstage Pass...I *think* there was a 3:15 (or something close to that) showing of the Playhouse Disney show? Can anyone confirm the times for me. If it works out, we'll stay for the parade. :)

yohomama212
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
The new show inside Disney's California AdventureŽ Park officially opens to the public on March 14, 2008, but you can attend a very special sneak preview on March 13, 2008 at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 3:15 p.m. Just show your valid Annual Passport at the theater entrance.

Elizabeth

Tinkermommy
03-12-2008, 08:46 PM
We caught a sneak-peek today at 5:15. It seemed short, but it was very cute. Word of warning: It's a water parade! If you don't want to get wet, stay back!

avalosn
03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know if the show actually got up and running? I went to the 10:35 a.m. show and it seems that they lost the audio about 2 minutes into it....They said the 12:35 p.m. show was very tentative.....did they ever get it going?

DopeyWife
03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
I attended the 3:15 show, and it seemed that the 12:30 and 2:15 shows went off ok. I know it wasn't listed, but they did have a 2:15 and 4:15 show added for previews.

Heaven Is Disneyland
03-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I tried to get into the 12:15 show and failed. I was majorly dense thinking that it was not going to be crowded. I got into the 2:15 show and my daughter luved, luved, luved it! She screamed with glee when they showed Tootles. Is that how you spell it? She was sad to leave, she had a ball. I will for sure go again!

socaltexan02
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
We didn't expect it to be as croweded as it was, either. We showed up for the 3:15 and didn't get in, but were at the front of the line for the 4:15. Surprisingly, my kids wanted to wait for it. The 4:15 show went off w/out any technical difficulties that I was aware of. My kids (3 and 5) REALLY enjoyed it.

olegc
03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
We didn't expect it to be as croweded as it was, either. We showed up for the 3:15 and didn't get in, but were at the front of the line for the 4:15. Surprisingly, my kids wanted to wait for it. The 4:15 show went off w/out any technical difficulties that I was aware of. My kids (3 and 5) REALLY enjoyed it.

folks - it's speculated that there are more than 600,000 annual passholders for Disneyland Resort - most of them in Los Angeles and Orange county. Add to that Spring Break for many parts fo the country (the resort area now uses a 10 week block to measure) and how could you not think it was going to be crowded.

Who remembers the "passholder previews" of DCA itself before it was open to the public. Yikes! it was a zoo. Anything "special" "exclusive" "preview" or "free" gets most people running....

yohomama212
03-14-2008, 10:59 AM
We were at the 10:30 "show". We got there at 9:30 and it wasn't too bad. So when we got over there at 11:30 to try again for the 12:30 and the line was at the sun thing and there was only a chance of getting in... we passed. Oh well, I guess that's why they do AP previews, we can usually go back later to see it if something doesn't work out.

olegc... those are some adorable cuties you got there!

Elizabeth

Heffalump
03-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Is there a date for this? Or did it already happen? Thanks.

yohomama212
03-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Over. Done. Enjoy the show with everyone else now!

Elizabeth