PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dream Suite tour

Toocherie
03-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi there--went on the tour last night as a DVC member. My photos are here:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/album.php?albumid=51

Be sure and scroll down to see a description--the tour was very fun . . . I didn't feel like we were rushed too much. Of course, DVC never misses the chance to try to sell more points (LOL--I resisted). We also got DVC hats and pins . . . . the only negative was since our tour was at night taking photos off the balcony overlooking Rivers of America were pretty dark so I didn't upload those--a friend of mine who was there earlier is sending me some great photos taken during the day.

I would stay in the suite if I were given the chance but it was not decorated to my taste at all--I actually am somewhat surprised that this is what Walt wanted . . . . but believe me it is magical!

MauiMickey
03-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Wow, thanks for posting those pictures! It would be so amazing to win a stay in the Dream Suite!!

LdyApxr
03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Wow! Those are gorgeous! Almost makes me want to join DVC! LOL

PartridgeFam 2004
03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I just returned from the AP Disney Dream Suite tour and it was great.It almost did not happen. We were 2 minutes late for our tour time and were told we could not go by the CM posted by the tour entrance We asked to speak to a manager telling him we drove for 2 hours after taking a half day off at work but we were told we could only go in if someone did not show or cancelled their tour. We were lucky that someone did not have all their party ready to go in. They take 20 people every 20 minutes. No more are allowed. The tour was well worth it They allowed you to take at many photos as you want but NO video. If you are invited make sure you are not late and your party is all together and you all have to show your AP pass and have your email they sent you also

ACDSNY
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Great pics! I haven't had time to download mine yet.

Niwel
03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Good to know about the timing. I'm meeting my group at 6:30 -- just to be safe -- for our 6:40 tour.

So glad we could take pictures (DH can't go so at least this way I can show him what it was like).

disneyochem
03-05-2008, 06:20 AM
I went on the tour Monday afternoon. It was great! We met by the left side of the stairs, were checked off a list by a CM, and then stood in line to ride the elevator up. Our tour was led by Karen who explained that she was a member of the Disney Dream Team. The suite is staffed 24 hours and concierge is available for winners. She said that CMs treat the suite as a hotel room--no one enters unless invited in by the guests. The tour was not rushed at all. We were able to take all photos we wanted--areas of the suite were roped off and we were not able to see all the 'disney magic' i.e., the train moving. But we did get to see the effects in the bathroom as well as the clock and mirror in the living room. We were on our tour much longer than 20 minutes--we were allowed to hang around the inner courtyard for a while.

A few things I found out that people might find interesting: the suite winners also receive a free dinner at the Blue Bayou, a character breakfast in the morning, are grand marshalls in the parade, get a 2-hour hosted after parks tour and guest list is capped at 6 people. There is a playpen available for infants. People can bring as many people up for a party during the night but only six may spend the night. Karen said that one winner had about 22 people up and were partying on the balcony!

One last note that I found interesting--there were a number of small children on our tour (four under the age of 3!) who were, shall we say, spirited! One of the kids had to go to the bathroom and the CM let the kids go pee-pee in the suite! What was funny is that the moms were so excited to be able to use the bathroom that they left a toddler alone! The moms just squealed, jumped around a bit with joy and rushed off! The little girl was a little upset at being left--the rest of us didn't really notice until she got noisy and went under the rope and started crying for Mommy! I just thought of the stories that kid could say about her experiences in DL!

BlewByYou
03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
We got to go on the tour yesterday. There were four in our group and only two other people! It was great! What a beautiful place! I have a hard time thinking of the kids that stay there. I can just see somebody spilling a soda on the nice furniture or breaking some of the elegant glass pieces they have there. It just didn't seem "kid friendly" to me but I don't have kids so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I was really impressed but the little details like the stained glass above the door in the master bedroom and the etching on the glass on the light fixtures, for example. Just beautiful! They can do my house any time! Also, I LOVED how the mirror turned into the picture! Very cool! And the lamp that changed into a picture.

Niwel
03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Most amazing thing I ever saw! There were 10 of us all together (thanks to LisaP & Co. for meeting me and taking pics).

I just hope everyone who wins really appreciates it (we were touring with three woman who didn't know Walt had children). :rolleyes:

The "goodnight kisses" in each room are incredible -- if I won I wouldn't want to go to sleep. The bathroom is just as magical as it has been described. The attention to detail throughout the suite really makes it feel like a dream.

bennette
03-06-2008, 03:49 PM
My husband and I went today, also with Karen as our guide. Only five people in our group, although we saw several wishful thinkers turned away. No Disney fanatics in our group that I noticed (I have not quite placed myself in that category yet).

Not sure we saw anything different or more exciting than any other posters.

The decor is very Victorian and no, it did not seem very kid friendly. I think the busy agenda for winners and the "wow" factors would probably make it tolerable for them, however. ;)

Because there were some on the veranda and they were turned on during the day, I know now exactly how the Pirates fireflies work. While this was interesting, I would have preferred not to "lose" this bit of magic. Should you ever get the opportunity, my suggestion is to Look Away From The Firefly Light!!!! :)

The rooms can be a little loud, and Karen said they have had a few complaints (I know, who are these people?). Apparently the noise from Tarzan's treehouse can be a bit much--we definitely heard it. She said the reason they were doing the tours now was due to Fantasmic testing going on this week--the area is too loud at night for anyone to sleep.

Karen told us that so far, most guests have used their after hours tours primarily as photo ops (you get a photographer). Example: "This is us in our bathrobes standing in front of the Castle!"

When asked what would happen with the Suite when the tour was over, Karen said they are still "mulling it over." Maybe use it for magical moments, maybe for VIP's, maybe for executives. No mention of using it for charity, which I seem to recall as an early Disney claim.

So that's my two cents. Given the opportunity, I certainly wouldn't turn the Suite down and I'm sure any Disney visitor would love it but I think it would be most special to someone who was a Walt and Lillian fan. There was a lot going on that seemed very specific to their history and likes.

lisap
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Most amazing thing I ever saw! There were 10 of us all together (thanks to LisaP & Co. for meeting me and taking pics).

It was a wonderful tour--what a fun experience. We had tears in our eyes for some of the goodnight kisses--how geeky are we.:rolleyes::p I hope we get extremely lucky and find our way back someday.