PDA

View Full Version : Epcot [Getting to luau at Polynesian]

sherry
01-24-2008, 06:05 AM
We booked the Luau dinner at the Polynesian resort for the same day we will be at Epcot what is the best way to get to the Polynesian from there? I am terrified of getting lost and missing our reservation.

jengold29
01-24-2008, 06:39 AM
You can take the monorail back to the TTC and switch for the resort monorail or there may be a bus from Epcot to the Poly (not 100% positive there is).

Or you can always find a taxi at Epcot and go that way.

Drince88
01-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I would do the monorail method mentioned. And, if it's a nice day and you need a little more walking :eek: you can walk from the TTC to the Poly.

stan4d_steph
01-24-2008, 10:26 AM
I would do the monorail method mentioned. And, if it's a nice day and you need a little more walking :eek: you can walk from the TTC to the Poly.Yes, this is the way to go. You might want to skip the walking from TTC since the luau cove is on the opposite end of the resort from the TTC and the pathways through the Polynesian are a bit meandering.

If you arrive via monorail at the Poly, you will need to go downstairs and through the ceremonial house (where the station is) then to the left once you are outside. Then follow the signs for Luau Cove.

sherry
01-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Dumb question but TTC is that the buses that transport us and also does the monorail go to Epcot would that be where we board it? Sorry for the misunderstanding. You would never believe we have been to D. W.twice before. We are just now feeling comfortable enough to venture out to other resorts.

Drince88
01-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Not a dumb question....

TTC = Ticket and Transportation Center, the 'parking lot' for the Magic Kingdom.

This is also where you switch from the Epcot Monorail to the resort or Magic Kingdom direct monorail, and where you can take the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom.

So get on the monorail at Epcot. Get off when you stop at a station. This is the TTC. Tranfer to the RESORT Monorail loop (you may have to go down a ramp and back up, but it's 'right there'. Next stop on THAT monorail will be the Polynesian. Get off there, go downstairs, and if you don't see a sign, ask someone.

jengold29
01-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Dumb question but TTC is that the buses that transport us and also does the monorail go to Epcot would that be where we board it? Sorry for the misunderstanding. You would never believe we have been to D. W.twice before. We are just now feeling comfortable enough to venture out to other resorts.

OK, I'll try to help.

The TTC is the Ticket and Transportation Center which is the "hub" for the monorail and also where you park to go to the Magic Kingdom. There are also buses that go to all the other parks and downtown disney and a taxi stand.

There are basically 3 monorail lines {please correct me if I'm wrong}- from the TTC to all the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian) that also stops at the Magic Kingdom, from the TTC to the MK (with no resort stops) and from the TTC to Epcot and back.

From Epcot to the Poly, you'd board at Epcot (you leave the park and go straight up the ramps to the monorail station) get off at the TTC and switch to the resort line.

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? Or will you have a car at Epcot?

HTH

sherry
01-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes we will be at Wilderness Lodge. Never been there, hopoe we made a good choice.

mom22gls
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes we will be at Wilderness Lodge. Never been there, hopoe we made a good choice.

You will love it. To get back to your hotel after dinner, take the hotel monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then just walk over to the boat dock, which will be directly in your line of vision when you exit the monorail station, and take the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge.

nutsformickey
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
You will love it. To get back to your hotel after dinner, take the hotel monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then just walk over to the boat dock, which will be directly in your line of vision when you exit the monorail station, and take the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge.

I don't know if this has changed in the last year but we did the Luau last Christmas, the late seating, and the monorail was closed when we were done. We waited over an hour for a bus so we ended up taking a taxi back to our hotel. Because you are staying at the WL maybe there is a boat from the Poly there but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has that info. If you are going to the early seating you'll be fine with the monorail. I definitely agree with Stan4d about the walk from TTC! We did that and it feels like 10 miles when you are tired after a long day at the parks and just want to sit down for a relaxing meal. Have a great trip. :D

danyoung
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
How late was your seating? Those monorails should continue to run well into the evening, like 11ish or so.

nutsformickey
01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
How late was your seating? Those monorails should continue to run well into the evening, like 11ish or so.

Hi Dan,
I want to say they told us they closed at 9:00 that night but I could be wrong, it was over a year ago. It was the late seating but I don't remember the exact time. It was one of those nights where everything collided badly.....:crying: The walk from the TTC was crazy and we weren't alone, there were several families trying to find the pavilion via the walkways from TTC. We had a tired 4 year old and two other kids and it was drizzly. The show did start late, maybe contemplateing cancelation for inclement weather. We also did shop a little in the lobby after the show. The monorail closing time never even entered my mind. Needless to say I was shocked that they weren't running at that time. I've ridden the monorails my whole life and never remember a time when they were closed when we needed them. No biggie, lesson learned.:D

sherry
01-30-2008, 07:46 AM
We have 5:15 reservations, and have decided to switch around our days at each park so as not to complicate the travel to the monorail. We will be at Magic Kingdom on the day of our reservation instead of Epcot. Won"t that be alot easier ? Can't we just hop the monorail directly to the Polynesian instead of transfering?

jerm
01-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Can't we just hop the monorail directly to the Polynesian instead of transfering?I don't recall if you will go directly to the Polynesian from Magic Kingdom. I actually believe the first stop is the Contemporary, and the Poly is 2nd or 3rd, but it will be an easy trip.

danyoung
01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Sherry, from the Magic Kingdom you can get on the resort loop of the monorail. It stops first at the Contemporary and then at the Transportation and Ticket Center, and then at the Poly. Or you can hop on a boat that takes you from the front of the MK right to the Poly.

If this works for you, great. But I have to say that it's really no trouble transferring monorails. It's not like Grand Central Station with dozens of tracks and gates. As you're getting off of the monorail from Epcot at the Transportation and Ticket Center, just look up at the signs which will point you in the right direction to the resort loop. The first stop after the TTC is the Poly, and you're there!

sherry
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Once we ride the monrail I am sure it won't be so confusing but never having rode it its a little mindbogling. We go in 66 days can't wait . Next trip will be the Polynesian really looking forward to that one. Thanks for all the help, this website is a goldmine. Also alot of fun.