PDA

View Full Version : Disney World for a 18 month old?

Gracelynns Mommy
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
My daught is currently 10 months old. My family and I (Husband, mom, dad , sister) are planning to go to disney world in sept of 2008. So my daughter wil be 18 months old. My question is can she ride some of the rides and stuff? I've read about the baby care centers which will be great! and I think she will enjoy mickey and minnies house but what may she do? and the child swap will be great too, but I want her to enjoy it as well!:):):):):):):)

Mostly Anonymous
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Your daughter can go on any ride that doesn't have a height requirement - and fortunately at Disneyworld, that is a lot of the rides! Your only other constraint might be if she is scared of the dark. A lot of the indoor rides are quite dark, and that can be alarming to some kids.

Gracelynns Mommy
11-30-2007, 12:35 PM
only time will tell if she won't like the dark ? as of now she sleeps in the dark with no light.

Amy 2007
12-01-2007, 07:07 AM
My daughter loved DL at 18 months. A few rides, a few character meets, just the sights! Just take it easy and enjoy!

Amy

Gracelynns Mommy
12-01-2007, 10:49 AM
thanks I know I have 9 months to go but I like to plan and see what we can get into. I've been twice but each time I wasn't thinking of bringing my child at least when I was there. I'm worried about the plane ride too but its only 2 hours so it should be okay. I hope she enjoys it now I just don't what hotel to stay at we've stayed at the carribean 2 times and loved it but I want something new.

CathyM
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
My youngest was also 18 months old when we went to DW Oct. '06. We had a 6 hour flight-took the red eye so she slept for about 5 hours. We stayed at the Riverside of Port Orleans and absolutely loved it. She went on most rides big sis (5 yrs.) went on, but her favorite part seemed to be seeing the characters. In the middle of the night one night she was saying, "Princess" in her sleep! Too cute. That's been our only trip, but we all still talk about it. She claims to remember, but who knows?

Gracelynns Mommy
12-01-2007, 01:38 PM
wow 6 hours did she sit on your lap or have her own seat? It would be nice to have her own seat but I know she will be in my lap the whole time so why pay for it. I did decide to stay at the all star movie then i read ALOT of bad reveiws just about the noise long lines for the bus a little unclean. So i think i'm moving back to moderate but i don't know which one I was looking at coranado they have a play area . My parents are coming too so i keep changing my mind and then i tell them i guess I won't know whats going on until we book it. I'm glad she will be able to do alot, i hope she's not scared of the characters????

CathyM
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, I purchased a seat for both of my kids. Usually I am cheap, but I have a cousin who is a pilot and he said it is safest when kids are in their own seats. We brought along the car seat to help her be more comfortable. The Riverside has a small playground as well as a great themed swimming pool. There are also smaller pools that are not themed on the grounds. The other thing we liked about Riverside was that we could hop onto the "ferry" and go to the French Quarter and play in their themed pool, too. I haven't stayed anywhere else, but we did drive around and see some of the other resorts. Both husband and I agreed we made a great choice. Maybe it was the time of year, but it was very peaceful/quiet at the Riverside. I think I have almost as much fun planning as I do actually going to Disney!

Gracelynns Mommy
12-02-2007, 05:05 AM
I told my husband yesterday that I was leaning back towards the moderate resorts he just says "I trust what ever you want" so he don't care. I read in another thread allways go up never down , so we will stay the same! Now to just look at al the MR's and choose

I am cheap so the more money I save the more I can spend in gift shops and stuff. so she will probly sit on my lap thats where she would end up anyway.

dawz1026
12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
We went when ds was 10 months...he rode Pirates,Nemo,Snow White.Its a small world,Adentureland Cruise,Transit Authority,and went on the ride in the Epcot ball...my bad..forgot name?? She will have a blast!

HTanner
12-03-2007, 10:53 AM
We took both the kids last September when my son was 2 3/4 and my daughter was 1 1/2. They both did fine.

The only thing that I wish I had known before was how the humidity/weather would affect them. They were not really having fun in the mid-day heat, so we took lots of naps. But, at night, they could stay up until midnight and do everything! If I had known, I would have planned pool time in the day and rides and stuff at night.

Of course, we are from San Francisco, so the weather was completely different to them.

Gracelynns Mommy
12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Our fisrt trip with her we went to myrtle beach in aug and she did really great . we are going in sept so the heat shouldn't be to bad. I remember it being nice when we went in 05.

Drince88
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
September is not significantly different weather-wise than August. Maybe end of Sept would be (on average) a little better than early/mid August, but if you're not from The South, then you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Gracelynns Mommy
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm from the great state of OHIO ! the weather changes at the drop of a dime.

HTanner
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, we had quite a shock coming from September in San Francisco (60-70 and foggy) to Florida... LOL. That's why I say if you are not used to it, it will zap the little one's energy... :(

Oh, I wanted to say earlier that we also did a 6 hour flight (one layover) and the kids were surprisingly fine. They fell asleep on the flight. They only had problem on the last landing because the flight attendant made us pick them up and hold them on our lap for landing. It didn't make any sense to me... we had paid for their seats!

Having their own seats actually helped. It was expensive, but it was nice to have the room between us and not worry about whether the person next to us was bothered with the baby crying or fussing. I worried about the people around us, sure, but its not the same as if they were in the same row! Plus, kids seem to make a mess - even in a small chair!

Gracelynns Mommy
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
there is no way my husband would let me buy another seat . guess we will live and learn , plus we have 8 months to think about it and i am a worry wort!
I looked at resorts agian and the pop don't look that bad I am just worried about all the lines at the end of the day with a cranky child and if knowing that the moderate's lines to the buses will be shorter I will pay the extra for that.