PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back

LtTony
07-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Had the time of our lives. Only third time for me, and only second for the kids (ages 11 and 13) but the first time they could really enjoy everything. Thanks to this forum and site for providing us with tips to make it a grand trip. Like lunching at the French Market! Wow! Excellent food, reasonable price, in a relaxing setting.
We planned to spend three days there, ending up eliminating other stops on our trip and were in the parks eight or nine days. Upgraded our 3-day park hoppers to season passes (only 17 bucks diff per tik from a 4-day.) We'll return next spring.
We stayed at the Fairfield Inn-Marriott across the street from DL. The narrow, short and (now infamous) uncomfortable beds were the only neg of the trip. But in general, the place was nice. And convenient. And about $84 a night.
The park was not all that crowded. I overheard an employee saying it was a down summer so far, although July 4 period was crazy, it was said. Did DL in am, CA in pm, napped then returned to DL (generally) ea nite. Basically, that was what was advised here, and it worked great. So if anyone has a question, I'd be happy to answer as I way of saying thanks for all the info I got here.

oregonzooron
07-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Yet another Oregonian heard from!!!!

Sounds like a great visit, Tony! I mean, if you can't remember exactly how many days you were there, you must have been doing something right!! ;)

And I agree, things picked up on this forum made our trip much more enjoyable! The FastPass advice alone made for much smoother days. Another big thanks to all the MousePad family!

see you at the zoo!

ron

stinkerbell
07-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Yea!!!! More Oregonians. Come on over to the lounge, guys. We need to start an Oregonians thread. We can all complain how far away from Disneyland we are........;)

Glad to see you back, Ron. How was the trip to DL with your daughter?

Phantom was awesome by the way. I have a question for you. How do they do the "candles" across the stage? That set was like a magic show. We just sat there in awe, trying to figure out how they pulled it all off!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread, LtTony! :)

Tigertail777
07-25-2002, 08:13 PM
We got back a little over 3 weeks ago... funny how many of us Oregonians are making pilgramages to Disneyland. OH and don't forget the other cool thing for rides: single rider pass oh the was awesome! we all got on splash within 5 minutes flat one log after another so we could even still see each other.
Hey Oregon ZooRon.. my niece Janna says you made her your elephant ear slave..LOL Curious .. does it take any kind of degree or anyhting to be one of the animal feeders at the zoo? And are they hiring pT? I am needing to find a good PT job asap. I live in Sandy by Mt. Hood, but would be willing to make the commute to work there.

oregonzooron
07-25-2002, 11:46 PM
Okay, that does it!! Next year we all get together and charter a plane!!:D

Okay, one thing at a time...

The trip with my daughter was the best ever!! Pilgrimage report is in the works...my computer crashed this week, so I've spent the last three days putting it back together...

Most travelling shows carry a "deck" with them...the stage floor you see is actually laid on top of the Keller's stage. All of the tracks and mechanisms for moving chairs, candles, etc. are under the deck.

Most of our keepers do hold degrees in biology, animal husbandry, or some related field, although some actually started out as volunteers. You can check Metro's job site...there's a link on the Zoo's site,....www.oregonzoo.org (http://www.oregonzoo.org) . I do know there is an opening in the elephant house...

Thanks for the forum Tony;)

see you at the zoo,

ron

stinkerbell
07-27-2002, 10:40 PM
Lt.Tony, I can't PM you, but I thought I'd let you know I started an Oregon Thread in the lounge. Drop by and say hi sometime! I noticed that we Oregonians (okay, me, anyways) seem to hijack threads and gab.......so now we have a place to say hi. :)

MonorailMan
07-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
Lt.Tony, I can't PM you, but I thought I'd let you know I started an Oregon Thread in the lounge. Drop by and say hi sometime! I noticed that we Oregonians (okay, me, anyways) seem to hijack threads and gab.......so now we have a place to say hi. :)

Perfect Example! :D

stinkerbell
07-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Perfect Example! :D
Hey! I resemble that!

Actually my post fits in perfectly with the non-theme theme of this thread.......;) And I'm trying to do the right thing by starting a forum for the disenfranchised Oregonian Disney lovers who wind up gabbing in the DL forum and not the lounge......:D