PDA

View Full Version : DLH or PPH??

SoCalSnowWhite
07-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Okay guys, I need your help! My muggle finally agreed to go on Monday to DLR (yay!) We're gonna go on Sunday afternoon, sytay over and go to the parks on Monday. I called about the AP rates and I can get a $79 room at PPH or a $99 room at DLH. Are they both about equal walking distance to the park or to get the monorail? Seems to me that the DLH would be closer. How much do the rooms come out to with all the tax and other charges? I know I could just stay in an offsite cheaper hotel, but I like the convenience. So what do you think??

HBTiggerFan
07-25-2002, 04:38 PM
There are offsite hotels that are closer and cheaper than both the DLH and the PPH. Both of those are quite a distance from the gates. Others will come along with ideas.

RStar
07-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Grand Californian is closer and nicer, but defenatly NOT cheeper. It's a nice plac to visit but I wouldn't want to stay there (unless I didn't have to pay for it of course!)

Matterhorn Fan
07-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
There are offsite hotels that are closer and cheaper than both the DLH and the PPH. Both of those are quite a distance from the gates. Others will come along with ideas. Yes, the offsite places are cheaper, but they're definitely not as nice. The walk to an offsite hotel is just as long (or longer, depending on which one we're talking about) as the walk to the PPH.

I haven't stayed at the DLH, but I have stayed at the PPH recently, and it's very nice. (It's not the GCH, but still . . . ). The walk out there isn't that bad if you cut through the GC lobby (if you walk all the way down DTD and then cut over, now that's a really long walk. You also get that special entrance to DCA, but with DL opening earlier, I ended up not using it.

DLH is much closer to the monorail station. I'd say it's about the same walk from the gates as the PPH.

StephanieM
07-26-2002, 02:27 PM
If it fits into your budget, I would definitely recommend you stay at one of the Disney owned hotels. This allows you to always enjoy the "Disney Magic"!

I have been to both The Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier. The views of DCA from the Theme Park view rooms at the Paradise Pier are incredible, and during the Electric Light Parade, they pipe the parade music into the rooms. How awesome is that?

My favorite, though, still remains the Disneyland Hotel. They have recently finished renovating all of the rooms, and they are wonderful! My favorite thing is to turn off the lights at night, and enjoy the Pixie dust on the walls!

As Matterhorn Fan said, PP has their own entrance into DCA, but the DLH is closer to the action of Downtown Disney and the Monorail.

Wherever you decide to stay, have a magical time!

SoCalSnowWhite
07-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the help!! I went ahead and booked the PPH. i went with that one cause we aren't going to be there that long. i'll save DLH for next time.

lisap
07-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by SoCalSnowWhite
Thanks for the help!! I went ahead and booked the PPH. i went with that one cause we aren't going to be there that long. i'll save DLH for next time.

You'll like it. Hopefully you will have a room with a park view, instead of a parking-lot one ;) We watched the Eureka parade from our window--but were too far south to see the fireworks--we could only see to the Matterhorn. Have a great time.

mousey_girl
07-26-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by SoCalSnowWhite

You will be happy with PPH. The rooms are roomy and very nice. Make sure you bring an ice chest if you plan on keeping food/drinks in your room. Most of all, have a great time!!!

Matterhorn Fan
07-27-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
You will be happy with PPH. The rooms are roomy and very nice. Make sure you bring an ice chest if you plan on keeping food/drinks in your room. Most of all, have a great time!!! Actually, the rooms at the PPH have refrigerators (and, unlike the rooms at the GCH, they are NOT filled to the brim with goodies that they want you to buy). You won't need an ice chest.

mousey_girl
07-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Actually, the rooms at the PPH have refrigerators (and, unlike the rooms at the GCH, they are NOT filled to the brim with goodies that they want you to buy). You won't need an ice chest.

When did tht happen? We were there 2 years ago, right before DCA opened and there was not a refrig. There was a coffee maker, but no frige.

StephanieM
07-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Yes, refrigerators and coffee makers are in all rooms at the Paradise Pier. As far as I know, refrigerators have been in the rooms since DCA opened.

SoCalSnowWhite, if you have the time, make sure you have breakfast with Minnie and Friends while you are at the Paradise Pier, or you could walk over to The Disneyland Hotel and have breakfast with Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen.

Enjoy your time at Disneyland!