PDA

View Full Version : Talk about having a possible security breach at the resort

awinner
07-24-2002, 10:43 PM
I am all for collecting disney memorabilia that would not be a threat...but this is a little scary if it got into the wrong hands...Look here to see what I am talking about (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2123570937)

tabacco
07-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Well, there's one to call loss management about ;)

Besides, it wouldn't do anyone a lot of good. They'd need an ID with their photo and a current sticker on it to get backstage, and I'm sure that the Security people could spot a fake security costume pretty easily.

Not Afraid
07-24-2002, 10:57 PM
And for just $305 (and rising) this can be yours. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and did I say :rolleyes:

Nigel2
07-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Heck that is nothing, they sell CM maps for there and WDW as well (including all the private roads, and facilites).

Uncle Dick
07-25-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Heck that is nothing, they sell CM maps for there and WDW as well (including all the private roads, and facilites).
What good are maps when access is restricted to CMs with a valid ID? An individual with a stolen costume stands a much better chance of slipping past security (especially if said costume is security).

socabch
07-25-2002, 05:48 AM
The item has been deleted from e-bay. (I think). I clicked on the link and it says the item is invalid. I'm guessing it was a security costume. Disney could scan e-bay and probably find alot of "stolen" items.

Allysen1Derland
07-25-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by socabch
The item has been deleted from e-bay. (I think). I clicked on the link and it says the item is invalid. I'm guessing it was a security costume. Disney could scan e-bay and probably find alot of "stolen" items.

I had the same problem- item invalid! Was it the whole security costume? I mean, like, hat and white spats for shoes and EVERYTHING?!?! Yikes! That's creepy & invites trouble! :(

It's kinda like when you hear about men who have gotten a hold of police officer's uniforms and then try to pull over unsuspecting drivers. Very creepy.

adriennek
07-25-2002, 07:35 AM
It was a security badge, a patch from a security uniform, and a blank, un-engraved CM nametag. I must say that I was surprised that it was still up on e-bay. Of course, it was up long enough that someone bid and I wonder if the seller is just going to contact the bidders and offer to sell it anyway?

Adrienne K

Allysen1Derland
07-25-2002, 07:44 AM
An un-engraved CM nametag?!?! I don't know why, but that's really disturbing me! Just the potential for harm in the wrong hands gives me chills up my spine! :(

MouseWife
07-25-2002, 08:03 AM
This is disturbing.

I mean, with what just was announced on the news.

What saddens me is that there are people who will see an opportunity to make money on something that could hurt a lot of people.

Remember they were selling false I.D.'s on there and some other type of identification that was also related to terrorists? After 9/11???

And I do remember here in San Diego the issue of the selling of Police badges for sale at some shops, as well as uniforms {maybe security, not police}. I remember Cara Knott. Her killer was a real cop but it just makes you nervous at night to be driving.

Lani
07-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Auction items show up as invalid if someone externally (or as part of internal eBay staff) flagged the item as questionable. eBay pulled this auction because they felt it was an illegal sale.

Nigel2
07-25-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

What good are maps when access is restricted to CMs with a valid ID? An individual with a stolen costume stands a much better chance of slipping past security (especially if said costume is security).

Ah, yes, with a fake ID, costume from ebay, and map from ebay they probably could get very close to some vital parts of the parks and the resort as a whole.