PDA

View Full Version : New Monorails: Is It Time?

DisneylandKid
07-24-2002, 06:03 AM
When do you think, if anytime soon, the Disneyland Resort will update their monorails? It seems like they are somewhat primitive compared to the Tokyo Disney Resort's (click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/edwards/inside_the_monorail_edwards.jpg) to see a picture of interior). I'm also wondering if the TDR rails are wider than those at the DLR, because it looks like the monorails themselves are. Does anyone know?

smd4
07-24-2002, 07:14 AM
No thanks. Except for th Mickey shaped windows, the interior has all the charm of the subway I took into work today.

I like our monorails just the way they are.

Heck, I'd even like to see 'em bring back the look of the older monorails, with the bubble top!

MonorailMan
07-24-2002, 09:09 AM
I'd love to see Mark VI for the 50th, but there were talks about upgrading them in 2006.

I don't think toyko's Monorails would be good for DL, just because of the fact that thoes Monorails were designed for transportation, ours are more for show. :)

Techie7
07-24-2002, 09:48 AM
With the expanded resort more and more people are using the monorail for transportation then ever before. While I agree that they began as mostly show they are becoming an important way of getting people in and out of Disneyland. Upgrading the capacity would allow the flow of people to be higher. While WDW makes extensive use of the monorail, Disneyland is just starting to really use the monorail for transportation (outside of the hotel guest which have ridden for a while). I would love to see an upgrade as the current trains are being held together with duct tape inside (literaly). Now if they wanted to keep the "old bubble" and increase the rider capacity then get started :D

Nigel2
07-24-2002, 10:11 PM
I wonder if the monorails are like the trains at the TDLR since after a specific length of track (used for the vehicle, not distance traveled) the "train" goes under the control of the government.