PDA

View Full Version : developer points

lesleyanne
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Hello we bought our first dvc points in Sept, we got developer points also, can anybody tell me if there are any restrictions on these points?
Lesley

DVC Mike
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I though they expired in 1 year and you could use them to book only at the 7-month window.

GusMan
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
First off - welcome home!

In addition to the info DVCMike mentioned...
- You can only book a stay during the 7 month window, even if you are booking a room at your home resort.
- You are not allowed to bank the Dev points.
- You are not allowed to rent the points out.
- It is iffy as to if you are allowed to use Dev points on a wait list. Some have done it, (not easily) mainly because the contract did not specifically say that they could not be wait-listed.

All the terms and conditions should have been included on one of your closing document pages. (We all read and understood all those documents before signing, right? :) ) That page takes precedence regardless of what your guide told you. (Mine did not convey completely accurate info in regards to their use.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

lesleyanne
10-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Many thanks!!:)

frexicle
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I though they expired in 1 year and you could use them to book only at the 7-month window.

How does it work if you are making a reservation at your home resort with banked points and developer points?

GusMan
12-11-2007, 11:14 AM
In short, you can use banked points and combine them with developer points. But the two rules still apply: Have to use the dev points within 1 year regardless and you only make ressies with dev points within the 7 month window, regardless if it is your home resort.

We did this for our upcoming April trip. We bought in August and have a March use year, and banked our 07 points. We then made the April ressie with dev points plus banked 07 points.

Mrs. GusMan
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
lesleyanne,

Where are you going to use your developer points? We are using ours for the Grand Villa at AKL in April.

Note, the developer points take extra paper work for the cast members so sometimes it may seem as if you are inconveniencing them by using them. I guess it depends on the cast member totally. Here is a good one for you. When I called the first time I called too early but was assured that the CM would keep my paper work on her desk. I was told that there was alot of extra paper work involved. I kinda felt bad for this CM cuz of the extra work. Then she called me back telling me I had to wait till the 7 month window and to call Customer Service back at the right time. When I called back I got the same lady! I didn't feel bad anymore cuz this time she was much nicer to me about the extra work she had to do. It was totally funny and besides all that - she remembered me!

Have fun planning your trip! I hope you get the accommodations that you want! Enjoy!
Mrs. GusMan

lesleyanne
12-14-2007, 02:24 AM
lesleyanne,

Where are you going to use your developer points? We are using ours for the Grand Villa at AKL in April.

Note, the developer points take extra paper work for the cast members so sometimes it may seem as if you are inconveniencing them by using them. I guess it depends on the cast member totally. Here is a good one for you. When I called the first time I called too early but was assured that the CM would keep my paper work on her desk. I was told that there was alot of extra paper work involved. I kinda felt bad for this CM cuz of the extra work. Then she called me back telling me I had to wait till the 7 month window and to call Customer Service back at the right time. When I called back I got the same lady! I didn't feel bad anymore cuz this time she was much nicer to me about the extra work she had to do. It was totally funny and besides all that - she remembered me!

Have fun planning your trip! I hope you get the accommodations that you want! Enjoy!
Mrs. GusMan

Hi Mrs Gusman
I have already booked our second week using my normal points. at AKL in September 08, and i am going to be booking our first week with Developer points in Feb.
Not to sure where we want to stay our first week though.
Our thoughts are either

1 week AKL concierge 1br (chances of getting that at the 7 month window are very slim though)
1 week 2 br @ OKW or
1 week 2 br BWV
hopefully we will get one of those at the seven month window.
Lesley

Mrs. GusMan
12-14-2007, 05:31 AM
I hope you are pleasantly surprised and get the accommadations that you want! We were really surprised to get the GV at AKL. Keep me posted and let me know what you get.

Im going to try and get a studio at BWV for MouseFest 08 at the 7 month window. First, I will get my home resort just in case. I do not want to miss a trip with GusMan alone again this year. We were both disappointed that we didnt go this year.

Good luck!