PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

kden
10-08-2007, 12:47 PM
When do they start to put up the Christmas decorations in the parks? We usually go to Disneyland at Thanksgiving, when everything is fully decorated. This year we are going November 9-13. I was hoping some decorations might be up by then.

yohomama212
10-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I think the date given for this year is Nov 16.

Elizabeth

pisces
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Unofficially, I think you'll be seeing Christmas decorations before the 16th.

Going by last year, the big Tree should be peaking out of its hiding place in less than two weeks from today.

misdisney
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
We were their last year the 9th of Nov~ 16th and all the x~mas stuff was up. There saying this year will be a little different but I think the 12 and 13th you should see a lot of stuff up. We will be there the 10~17 CAN'T WAIT!!!!!:p

DizneyMommy
10-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Unofficially, I think you'll be seeing Christmas decorations before the 16th.

Going by last year, the big Tree should be peaking out of its hiding place in less than two weeks from today.

You really cannot go by last year because they have pushed the debut of Christmas back a whole week this year. The tree usually goes up pretty close to the official start of Xmas, so it will not likely be more than a few days before the 16th if at all. A lot of the decor on Main St is more of a Fall theme and could easily be up well into November so I do not think they will be yanking it all down on the 31st as was the case last year.

bug
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I just think it is interesting how Christmas decorations are in the stores earlier each year, while Disney is putting theirs up later...and DL is almost the only place I want to see the decorations up sooner :rolleyes:

Maybe because Christmas at Disneyland is a happy time :D while Christmas at the store is stressful :p

GrumpyUTboi
10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
we have noticed that decorations start going up the day after Christmas. We saw the tree up the day after Halloween. That same day we saw Mr and Mrs Paul McCartney.

hofmanns4
10-13-2007, 09:18 AM
I just think it is interesting how Christmas decorations are in the stores earlier each year, while Disney is putting theirs up later...and DL is almost the only place I want to see the decorations up sooner :rolleyes:

Maybe because Christmas at Disneyland is a happy time :D while Christmas at the store is stressful :p

I could not agree with you more! We always go the second week of November and the Xmas decorations have always been up. In fact, we used to go the first week of Nov and they were up. I am so hoping that the decorations are up for most of our stay from 11/10 to 11/17. I guess only time will tell!!!

Nancy
10-13-2007, 01:11 PM
A couple of years ago we were there in the beginning of November when the decorations were in progress. The first two days there was no tree on Main St and the third it was up! It was so cool, we thought we may miss it as we were leaving the next morning.

RStar
10-13-2007, 02:53 PM
we have noticed that decorations start going up the day after Christmas.
Wow, now that's putting them up early! A whole 364 days early!

J/K

I think you mean the day after Thanksgiving. ;)

DangerMouse
10-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow, now that's putting them up early! A whole 364 days early!

J/K

I think you mean the day after Thanksgiving. ;)

Actually, I think he means after Halloween. Christmas decorations are up long before Thanksgiving.

evrythngwmn
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
The Christmas Tree is up in the park!

jMom
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Yay!!!! :D

THpoohbear
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
The Christmas Tree is up in the park!

YES!!!! And I was going to go down today. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday. Thanks for the news!!!

Were the mickey garlands on main street up too?

AVP
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Were the mickey garlands on main street up too?Not yet.

AVP

bag3lbit3s
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
We were there friday and saw the tree getting decorated backstage when taking the tram from Mickey and Friends parking structure. There were two men back there on a lift putting it together. Kind of neat to watch.

evrythngwmn
11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
YES!!!! And I was going to go down today. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday. Thanks for the news!!!

Were the mickey garlands on main street up too?

I believe they are supposed to go up tonight.

momwithprincesses
11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know if we can walk through the reindeer round-up area yet? We take our holiday photo at Disneyland to take advantage of all the great decorations but their schedule this year is throwing a small wrench into our plans. We are going TODAY (11/13). If anyone knows, we sure would appreciate any info. Thanks