View Full Version : DVC AP and DDE Question
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
1) If I buy my DVC AP now, it won't "start" until the first day I go to a park with it (yes/no?) I am debating getting at the will call window or having it shipped, would this make a difference?
2) I can buy a DDE card with a voucher but that starts the day I buy it (yes/no?)
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm assuming buying an AP through DVC is just like buying it online or ahead of time some other way. I was sent a voucher, which I had to translate into an actual AP. The first year I did it at DTD, the second year at Guest Relations outside the gates at MK. I believe you can also take care of it at the TTC, and at Guest Relations at the other parks.
You can order the DDE with just the voucher, and if you're close to your trip date, they'll have your card for you at Epcot Guest relations (outside the park) to pick up. It's good as soon as you buy it, but I don't think you can buy it 'same day' - plus they're only available by phone during office hours 5 days/week. If you order your card late enough in the month, it's good for the rest of that month, plus another 12 months.
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok so it sounds like if I buy an AP, it isn't active until I use it?
BUT, the DDP is active practically as soon as I buy it..
10-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Right, as far as my experiences have been.
(If you buy the AP at the parks, you don't get a voucher, you get an actual AP that is good right then, but it doesn't sound like you have that situation).
10-06-2007, 06:09 PM
If you purchase an AP on site, and do not have the voucher in advance, it is possible to get a temporary DDE card. Also this works if there is very little lead time between your ordering the card and your arrival.
1. Call the DDE office at 407-566-5858 between 8:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday (except Holidays) and give them your name, the string of letters and numbers on the bottom of the pass (starting with a "W") and your credit card information. If you are a Florida Resident and not an AP holder they will ask for your Florida Driver's license (or State ID) number.
2. Starting at 5:30pm that day, and any time it is open, you can go to the Guest Relations Window outside Epcot's Main Entrance (On your right as you face Spaceship Earth) with a photo ID and you will be given an envelope.
3. The envelope will have in it a temporary card which expires 30 days from the date of the request and a sheet of paper listing all locations which currently accept the card.
4. The plastic embossed card should arrive at your home within a month. The expiration date on the embossed card will be either the last day of the current month in the next year, or if you ordered it late enough in the month it will be the last day of the following month the next year.
Also, if you purchase it between the first and about the 7th of a month it will expire the next year on the last day of the same month. If your purchase is after the 10th, the expiration will be the last day of the following month the next year. If you order it between the 7th and 10th is anybody's guess.
10-07-2007, 05:18 PM
This is REALLY helpful - Thank you!!:fez:
I went ahead and purchased out APs via DVC but of course I don't have them yet. My wife and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in Manhattan and went to the NY World of Disney and couldn't get our 10% discount! Oh well..:confused:
I called DDE and apparently on Monday is the switch over to give us the extra month. So I think I will order this week and then pick it up at Epcot for the 30 day thing you mention.. it gets us the discount and we'll get the extra month. We plan to go back in October next year so this gets us double dipping on the annual pass and the DDE:D
Thanks again for your help!