PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Golden Screams... please

justme
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
My boys love the villians and would welcome any picture taking opportunities with any of them. I have heard Golden Screams is pretty lame, is that accurate? Will we find villians there, how long is it, and will the villians be posing outside where we could get their pictures if we decide to skip the show if it is really as bad as I've heard-please fill me in.

Bytebear
09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Outside the theater several villians will be around, and you can do some photo ops. In the theater, it's kind of like a game show where they show clips of villians from Disney movies and the crowd cheers and boos and they pick the villian of the day (or whatever), and that villian comes out to accept his award. I think you can get a photo with that villian too. Last time I went it was Cap'n Hook, but I think they change it every show.

adriennek
09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I searched the Disneyland Resort Discussions for "Golden Screams" and found this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=77463&highlight=golden+screams) from just a few weeks ago.

Adrienne

cstephens
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
My advice - stay far, far away.

houseofmouse
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe its a good thing this building will get made into something else in the DCA refurb. :) No more sucky show!! Unless they put it somewhere else!:eek:

BQ2
09-28-2007, 05:13 AM
My advice - stay far, far away.

Thanks for the tip!

Bytebear
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Why don't they just Philharmagic in that theater and leave Muppets 3-D as is. Seems to be the best way to add that to the park. That Golden Dreams theater is much more a waste than Muppets.

cstephens
09-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Why don't they just Philharmagic in that theater and leave Muppets 3-D as is. Seems to be the best way to add that to the park. That Golden Dreams theater is much more a waste than Muppets.

I'd rather have Philharmagic replace "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" in DL.

tinker3
09-28-2007, 11:05 AM
We have yet to ever step foot in this theater :rolleyes:. I was hoping this golden screams show would be our 1st time, but if it's as bad as everyone says I don't want to waste our time.

Bytebear
09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd rather have Philharmagic replace "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" in DL.

Given the choice between Golden Dreams/Screams and HISTA, I would take HISTA any day. How about replacing it with CircleVision? That would awesome.

carolinakid
09-28-2007, 12:49 PM
It's especially a shame when you find out the original plan for Golden Dreams was to be a multimedia presentation using film, special effects & audioanimatronics similar to the American Adventure Show at Epcot. Of course, the budget was slashed, Disney played it safe (which we know in the long run backfired) and we wound up with a politically correct Whoopi Goldberg movie that I've never seen play to an even half full theater! But to stay on topic, I've never seen Golden Screams but I'd certainly be willing to give it a try...

skyway man
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
It's especially a shame when you find out the original plan for Golden Dreams was to be a multimedia presentation using film, special effects & audioanimatronics similar to the American Adventure Show at Epcot. Of course, the budget was slashed, Disney played it safe (which we know in the long run backfired) and we wound up with a politically correct Whoopi Goldberg movie that I've never seen play to an even half full theater! But to stay on topic, I've never seen Golden Screams but I'd certainly be willing to give it a try...
Thank you Paul Pressler!

PanFan
09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think the show is that bad. I saw it once last year and once this year. I probably won't see it again, unless I'm with people who haven't seen it and want to. It's cute, it's different. Basically the show is clips depicting "scream scenes" from 6 different villains. The selections this year are the Hun from Mulan (can't remember his name), Clayton, Frollo, Ursula, Hades, and Gaston. The audience screams for their favorite and the host (Upton O'Good--he's Irish!) holds a magic mirror that says the name of the winner (which is always someone from the audience--they have people practice their screams while waiting for the show to start and they write down the names of the good ones) who then comes out and accepts their award.

There are villains out to meet in the area outside the theater. This year I've seen the Wicked Queen, the Old Hag (not at the same time as the Queen, of course!), Captain Hook, the Queen of Hearts, Ratcliffe, and Prince John. Prince John and his character host were absolutely hysterical when I saw them. I actually ended up giving them a compliment at the end of the day because they were so much fun to watch. They were demanding taxes from everyone before Prince John would get a picture with them. The host even used an English accent! I was just excited to get to see him and even more delighted at the little act they did.

potzbie
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
(Upton O'Good--he's Irish!)
A pun!
Say it out loud:
"Up to no good."

carolinakid
09-29-2007, 01:24 PM
From your list, Panfan, I'd have to scream for Ursula but my favorite villains are Lady Tremaine & Cruella!

disney jones
09-29-2007, 05:40 PM
definitely go by the entrance and see the Villians for the Meet n Greets.

The show itself isn't a must see. and yes, the show is as bad as the reviews make it seem.

aznewsboy
09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
We just got back & my kids did not want to go in or get their pictures with most villains but over the course of the week we saw many villains out front. There were 2-3 out per time. We saw Cruella,Queen of Hearts,old hag from Snow White & as the queen,Gov. Ratcliffe,Judge Frollo, Capt. Hook,Lady Tremaine,Prince John & the sheriff from Robin Hood & Robin Hood with them (they had him tied up & Prince John sucked his thumb in our picture), & 2 characters form Pinnochio-can't think of their names. I had no idea they had all these characters!

kennythepirate
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Got a link to your photos? Love to see them.
Pinnocchio is probably Gideon and Foulfellow

aznewsboy
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Pictures are still on 2 different cameras as we just got home at 2am today after 8 days there. One stolen camcorder, 1 dead van battery,1 stolen antenna ball, & 2 sick kids later I'm not sure when I'll get around to dealing with the pictures! We did have fun though!

aznewsboy
10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
One more I forgot to mention was the guy from Meet the Robinsons. We only saw it once so I can't think of his name.

Another Dimension
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
One more I forgot to mention was the guy from Meet the Robinsons. We only saw it once so I can't think of his name.

The Bowler Hat Guy.

:)

pastrylover
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
So the show isn't that great but having all the villians there is worth going over there. I was already having a great day on Saturday but being able to meet my idol and mentor the Evil Queen made my life time! :D

2002 TC eL
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe its a good thing this building will get made into something else in the DCA refurb. :) No more sucky show!! Unless they put it somewhere else!:eek:

We see Golden Dreams at least once EVERY Trip we make to Disneyland Resort. It is a brief, uplifting, excellent, historical summary of California :) ...but not quite as enjoyable as was Circle Vision or Soarin' over California.

disneycanuk
10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
cool, the wife and I have always wanted to try and get pics with some villians can hardly wait now for october 11.

PanFan
10-03-2007, 02:02 PM
We just got back & my kids did not want to go in or get their pictures with most villains but over the course of the week we saw many villains out front. There were 2-3 out per time. We saw Cruella,Queen of Hearts,old hag from Snow White & as the queen,Gov. Ratcliffe,Judge Frollo, Capt. Hook,Lady Tremaine,Prince John & the sheriff from Robin Hood & Robin Hood with them (they had him tied up & Prince John sucked his thumb in our picture), & 2 characters form Pinnochio-can't think of their names. I had no idea they had all these characters!

Okay, I am SO hanging out there for a couple of hours before Halloweentime is over! What I wouldn't give to see Robin Hood (and I thought Prince John was a find)!!!

ETA: Though I guess I could always use the Toonfinder...