PDA

View Full Version : Silly DVC question [Housekeeping Frequency and Room Service]

Boo's Mommy
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I read a lot of wonderful things about DVC. But my question is, is it still like a hotel where you have the housekeeping service or like regular timeshare, where you have to pick up after yourself. I don't want to paint a negative picture of us, we do keep clean, but I do like the fact that someone comes in daily, cleans out the trash, makes the bed, etc, etc.
And since they are at the park resort, are you still able to do room service and all the typical things as if you are in a hotel room?
Then, if i'm understanding correctly, the main benefit of the DVC is that you have guaranteed rooms for less, that you have "prepaid" for all future uses and not only for that resort, but for a lot other places as well?
I think I can convince myself, maybe, but dh says that as much as we love going to DL and others, we should probably expand our horizons.

GusMan
09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
If staying on points you do not get daily housekeeping. You do get limited house keeping on longer stays, though. I think it is like on days 5 and 8, if you are staying that long. (I think it is on those days, but you get the picture.) They will replenish your towels, linens, etc at that time as well. You can pay a small fee per day if you want daily housekeeping.

If room service is normally available at that resort... you are more than welcomed to use it.

In essence, you are prepaying your hotel stays for the next several decades and when looked at in the long term, your cost per stay goes down quite a bit. However, since you are assigned an annual allotment of points, you are not "guaranteed" a week of time. This allows flexibility but you still have to plan out your vacations in advance so you get the accommodations that you would like.

And yes, with your annual allotment of points, you can choose other destinations that range from other Disney resorts around the world to other places as well.

And to be honest... this only scratches the surface when it comes to DVC possibilities.

Boo's Mommy
09-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you Gusman! That definitely clears up some questions. I plan on re-reading that article about the price/cost breakdown again....and maybe again!