PDA

View Full Version : Hand-Stamp re-Entry?

angelbabie611
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
I was at DLR this weekend and used the monorail to go to Downtown Disney like I always do. I hadn't been for two months because my SoCal AP was blocked. I went to get my hand stamped before I exited like I always do. But this time was informed I didn't need one because I have an AP. Has this always been this case and in the past I have been getting my hand stamped unnecessarily or is this something new that occured during the blocked summer months? Just wondering.

DizneyMommy
08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Hand stamps for AP's have been unneccessary for a long time, expect during times when capacity might be reached - on those days it is always better to get one in case the gates close to new entries

annieb727
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
When we've been there with APs, we always got our handstamped purely because the boys want us to - every time we've been told that it was unnecessary with an AP

Malcon10t
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
It is largely unnecessary. BUT, on major holidays and during Christmas, they will remind you you do need a handstamp if they restrict reentry. Usually when you are exiting and not getting a stamp, they will also say something to be safe.

Disney Donna
08-28-2007, 06:35 PM
What if you're not an AP holder? For someone using a Park Hopper Pass, does hand-stamping guarantee you a return later if they close the turnstiles while you are away from DLR?

Malcon10t
08-28-2007, 06:44 PM
What if you're not an AP holder? For someone using a Park Hopper Pass, does hand-stamping guarantee you a return later if they close the turnstiles while you are away from DLR?If you are not an AP holder, you must have a hand stamp to reenter the park. When they are having a capacity crowd, they "shut down" in levels. First they stop selling 1 day tickets. Then they will stop allowing new entries (only allowing those with handstamps back in.) When the park reaches a certain number, they will stop allowing reentry into the park by anyone (almost.)

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
What if you're not an AP holder? For someone using a Park Hopper Pass, does hand-stamping guarantee you a return later if they close the turnstiles while you are away from DLR?

No, anyone who isn't an AP is always required to get a Handstamp, and show it and the ticket used for admission for every time you re-enter the parks.

When Disney gets large crowds, they start a procedure that has many layers, the early layers are just ticket selling restrictions, then they stop allowing anybody who has not entered the park that day (and why they want AP holders to get stamped on those busy days) but will still allow re-entries.

But if the park is almost full, or at capacity, then Disney HAS to stop allowing anybody into the park for safety reasons. And when the crowd gets smaller (aka people leaving) then they start to let people back in again, and only folks re-entering are allowed back at first. If the crowds gets small enough, then they will allow first entries to also enter.

biolabetty
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I've just started always getting my hand stamped since the time I had to show mine to re-enter one night. It wasn't a busy day, and it wasn't in the busy season. The CM told me that everyone had to have one including APs.

hefferdude
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I always get one just for bragging rights when I get back to work.:)

DizneyMommy
08-29-2007, 05:53 AM
I've just started always getting my hand stamped since the time I had to show mine to re-enter one night. It wasn't a busy day, and it wasn't in the busy season. The CM told me that everyone had to have one including APs.

If that was recently, then perhaps it was a newer cast member with incorrect information. We have not gotten a handstamp or been asked to get one for at least a year, probably a lot more, and we go to the parks almost weekly, bouncing back and forth between the two while we are there.

biolabetty
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
It was the same weekend as the last Mouseadventure. I had never gotten a handstamp prior to that, but I had more than one CM tell me I had to have it. Maybe they were attempting to get everyone in the habit before the summertime hit, but I'll just keep doing it now, it's kind of fun to look at the stamp on the dark rides. I know, I'm a :geek:.

Malcon10t
08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
If that was recently, then perhaps it was a newer cast member with incorrect information. We have not gotten a handstamp or been asked to get one for at least a year, probably a lot more, and we go to the parks almost weekly, bouncing back and forth between the two while we are there.We had gone from 2002 to last year without getting handstamps. Then Disney figured out that when an AP was turned away from Disneyland because the park was closed to new entries and they hadn't been in the park yet, they would walk into DCA to have their AP activated for the day, then come back across the plaza and enter Disneyland as a "reentry" on a capacity day. That was when they started requiring handstamps on days they expected a possible capacity crowd. Since we are usually there during Christmas and the July 4 holidays, we just get one now to make sure we are safe.

Darkbeer
08-29-2007, 12:35 PM
First off, the AP policy is to allow the exit gates go more smoothly (and saves Disney some labor costs, as they don't need as many folks giving out handstamps).

And as for the handstamps, they have two sets they use, one for Disneyland, usually names of classic Cartoon characters, such as Ariel, Goofy, Mickey, etc.

DCA handstamps are named for park attractions and areas, such as Grizzly, Backlot, etc, so it is easy for the turnstile CM's to tell where you got your handstamp, so on a capacity day, get your handstamp when leaving DISNEYLAND if you want to get back in.

TINKERISMYCAT
08-29-2007, 01:52 PM
We were there last week and got our hand stamped every time we went back and forth or out of the parks. They NEVER checked to see if we had our hand stamped. In years past that I've been they ALWAYS checked under the black light. We all that it was weird.

Crazy4Mickey
08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
And as for the handstamps, they have two sets they use, one for Disneyland, usually names of classic Cartoon characters, such as Ariel, Goofy, Mickey, etc.

DCA handstamps are named for park attractions and areas, such as Grizzly, Backlot, etc, so it is easy for the turnstile CM's to tell where you got your handstamp

Half the time my handstamps just look like a big blob to me!! It seems like they tend to run and I wouldn't be able to tell which park it came from.

pisces
08-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, you can certainly smell the lemon-y fresh scent, if nothing else.

MauiMickey
09-01-2007, 07:26 PM
We were there last week and got our hand stamped every time we went back and forth or out of the parks. They NEVER checked to see if we had our hand stamped. In years past that I've been they ALWAYS checked under the black light. We all that it was weird.

This is exactly what happened to us. Not once in our six days at Disneyland/DCA did anyone check our handstamps. I wonder why? :confused:

Chadsgal
09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
We always get one & we've had AP's. We try to put what ever the stamp may be on eachothers arms or face so that when you go on a dark ride you just glow. LOL!