PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian concierge vs Paradise Pier concierge vs Disneyland Hotel concierge?

Mickey7
08-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Is there a difference between the 3 hotels and what they offer with there concierge service? When I called and asked they told me they were all the same and offered the same food, times were the same, etc and did not go into much detail. If anyone has done concierge service I would appreciate to hear what each one offers. Thanks

Infinitely
08-14-2007, 07:55 AM
While I have been to all three, and I don’t find all three to be exactly the same, it feels like a lot of changes are going on through the entire resort and they very well may be now.

I am not saying that they are bad, I haven’t experienced any of them since march, so I can’t say.

If they are like they always have been, they are all quite nice, offer a light breakfast (pastries fruit) mid day snacks, even dinks and appetizers, and you can borrow DVD’s. Disneyland hotel also had books you can borrow, and Paradise Pier and the Grand had games (never in great shape).

I will see how Paradise Pier is again next month and the Grand is in December, then I can compare and contrast.

I am sorry, this isn’t of much help, is it?

dawnid
08-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I've only been to DLH and DGCH and found the differences more in the presentation than items offered. Things like the tops trimmed but on the carrots - DGCH vs baby carrots and cheese wedges-DGCH vs cheese slices - DLH. The "service" is basically the same : nonexistent. The CMs are very nice in checking out movies or games, stocking the food etc. its just they don't have any "service" to offer you that doesn't come with any standard room. The CM in the Lounge are more like a separate Front Desk/guest services/wait staff.

The view of the fireworks from the DLH is, IMHO, better than DGCH. I do like the location of the rooms to the lounge better at DGCH, all on the 6th floor.

Make sure you call 60 days out for any priority seatings or tours because if you wait for the Lounge staff your times may not be available.