PDA

View Full Version : New names for Disneyland Hotel towers

Glass Slipper
08-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know what the new names of the three towers at the Disneyland Hotel will be, and which tower gets each name?

Bytebear
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Magic Tower (previously Marina Tower)
Dream Tower (previously Sierra Tower)
Wonder Tower (previously Bonita Tower)

Glass Slipper
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Looks like I'll be staying at the "Dream" on all my trips from now on then. Maybe that means I'll get lucky and meet up with the "Dream Squad"! Wishful thinking? :p

CharmingsWoman
08-13-2007, 04:55 PM
When did they change the names? I was just there 3 weeks ago!

Klutch
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over this, but I am a bit disappointed at this change. More and more Disney is making everything fit to a common corporate model. Disneyland had so many charming and unique characteristics which are being abandonded by those-who-worship-the-spreadsheet.

I think it was kinda cool that the towers reflected the early history of the Disneyland Hotel. I'll bet a lot of guests asked cast members about the names and where they came from. That one tower was named after Bonita Granville is a kind of fun fact. Magic? Dream? Wonder? Aren't those also cruise ships? And roads? Yawn...

D15
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
They began changing signs today and (I believe) are expected to finish by tomorrow. Darkbeer's latest photo update has some pictures of the sign changes.

Darkbeer
08-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I have mixed feelings over the name changes of the small meeting rooms. Instead of individual names, we now have Dreams A, B, C... and Wonder A, B, C.... (The plus, they are easier to find) The Grand Ballroom and the Garden Room kept their names.

The Marina Ballroom is now the Magic Kingdom Ballroom, and the Pavillion is now the Sleeping Beauty Pavillion.

tigger08
08-14-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm not impressed with a lot of the changes that Disney is making. Pretty soon there won't be any thing that walt down in that park. Its pretty sad that they are taking away all the historical things that Disney offered.