PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Suggestions [wanted]

DznyDreamer
08-04-2007, 08:14 AM
I have tix to see Cirque one night during our stay. Do any of you experts out there have any suggestions for the best place for dinner? We are going to the early show (6pm). We had considered having a late lunch and then maybe a BIG sundae @ Ghirardellis for "dinner". I had also tried to get an ADR @ Wolfgang Puck Cafe but was told it was walk up seating only. Has anyone had a positive experience at House of Blues? Any thoughts? How close is Boardwalk to DTD? I was also wondering if we could grab dinner at Spoodles or Flying Fish (of course keeping in mind ADR's are tough to get at this point). Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Disney Lifeguard
08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
House of Blues is OK. Fultons Crab House is OK. Bongos Cuban was only semi-OK. Of course I'm partial to the Earl of Sandwich :D
Ghirardellis would be my choice for "dinner" ;)

Boardwalk is a short (about 2 miles ish) but busy drive. and might make a 6PM show complicated.

DznyDreamer
08-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Thats what I was thinking!! I ended up making an ADR @ Raglan Road so we will see how that goes. I wasn't blown away with the reviews for Blues or Fultons, so being Irish I decided to give Raglan a try.

geoffa
08-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Raglan Road is supposed to be really good and you'll get a show (traditional dancing and music) there also - if your timing is right. We like "Blues" and have never had a bad meal there yet. Fultons used to be great but, of late, its gone pack 'em in - rush 'em out.

And as for "Cirque" - you are in for a treat. We'll be seeing for a third time in October. It has a great fast paced finale.

TinaMouse
08-05-2007, 09:16 AM
LOVED Raglan Road, Earl of Sandwich and even Wolfgang Puck's Express.

Yes, Flying Fish is FAB, but it will be hard to get it.

I liked Bongo's, but it was VERY loud.

frdeb1999
08-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Fultons IMO is just plain over priced for what your actually getting. House of Blue's is a experience thing to basically say you've been there. But the food is good...just not fantastic. I'd vote for Earl of Sandwich or Wolgang Puck's Express. They are just far above the other two. But then that is just my opinion! :-)

cstephens
08-05-2007, 03:13 PM
We had dinner at the Portobello Yacht Club (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=PortobelloYachtClubDiningPage) in January, and we absolutely loved it. Not stuffy, great service and delicious food.

crrees
08-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Id suggest Port. Yacht club to be honest. I dont really like the restaurant choices at DTD. Im actually big on eating at the resorts because its a 2 for one type of thing. You get to see some of the most magnificant structures on property and eat at awesome restaurants. That being said I am mostly partial to the signature dining options because the atmosphere is usually top notch. Once you get the resort for dinner you can hop on a DTD bus for cirque du soleil.

But if you HAVE to eat at DTD I would def. do PYC, the entrees are excellent but wont overstuff you so you are uncomfortable at the show.

DznyDreamer
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Everyone has great suggestions! Thank you so much. We will be in WDW during the free dining so I was a little apprehensive to go with Wolfgangs and the walk up seating and felt more comfortable with an ADR somewhere. With a 6 year old at that time of night (won't be dinner until 7:30-8), I don't want to push it too far to the limit!! I'm really looking forward to Cirque. My husband and I saw the show in Niagara Falls which was amazing in itself. I am sure Disney can blow that show away!!