PDA

View Full Version : A Disney.com Nitpick

Gemini Cricket
07-01-2002, 01:49 PM
This may be trite, but I expect more from Disney:
1. Click here. (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/index?id=491)
2. Drag your cursor over the "Storybookland Canal Boats".
3. Notice how it says "Storyland Canal Boats"?

I think that's tacky. Disney should get the names of their own rides right.
I sent them an e-mail here (http://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?template=disneyland/form.tpl) two weeks ago and they replied that it was going to be fixed within a couple of days. Oh, well.

Maybe we could all send them an e-mail... :)

Maybe I'm too nitpicky. But it just seems lame to me. Like when some guest asks, 'Where's the Haunted House?' It drives me nuts. :D

disguy
07-01-2002, 02:12 PM
So...would it drive you nuts if I asked where the Log ride was? :)

Pony Sugrue
07-01-2002, 02:16 PM
I know how you feel.

I keep emailing the administrator about how "Gemini Cricket" is supposed to be "Jiminy Cricket"... but as you can see, nothing has been done to fix it;)

smd4
07-01-2002, 02:45 PM
They also called one of their locomotives the "Fred G. Gurley, when in fact, the locomotive is just the Fred Gurley.

malin
07-01-2002, 03:00 PM
I think you guys need to calm down and get a life.If Disney.com are emailing you and telling you there will fix it but havn't yet.Take it as a hint that no one gives a sh#t.

I understand why some people might get upset over the spelling of Jiminy Cricket.But over an attraction because Disney shortened it to Story Land Canal no way.

Now Im off to Disneyland.Oh before I go where do I find the Haunted House?

Pony Sugrue
07-01-2002, 03:17 PM
One time the Tom Sawyer Raft driver almost smashed a duck against the dock when a Woman commented: "Whoops, you almost crushed DAFFY, huh"... but he and I just let it go. It's like when a guy at work said "I hate Scooby Doo 'cause I hate all things Disney". I just let that go too.

I design Nick, Disney, WB, etc toys for a living and I am a stickler for the proper license holder... but in the real world, pointing out mistakes like that to "average Schmoes" is just isolating yourself as a geek.

So I let the mis-guided guy at work make his big opinion known... and I let the clever comedienne at DL laugh at her own jokes. It's the least I can do for these poor ignorant souls.

CaliforniaCrazy
07-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I just went to the site, and they fixed it already. So get on with your life. ;)

Kevin Yee
07-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Lost Boy elsewhere indicated that Disney monitors these message boards. I find that encouraging. Apparently someone works either at Disney.com or works elsewhere and told Disney.com about this thread. Point is, it got fixed, and I'm encouraged.

zapppop
07-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Last week I sent AL some photos of the Observatron in Tomorrowland and told him that it hasn't moved for the past 2 months. After AL posted the photos and what I said, the Observatron is now working every 10 - 15 minutes.

Ah, the power of MousePlanet :cool:

MammaSilva
07-01-2002, 08:20 PM
doesn't it make ya go HMMMMM???? sometimes, especially when people post how they plan to cheat to get in?

mousey_girl
07-01-2002, 09:28 PM
I just went there and it isn't fixed.

Gemini Cricket
07-02-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
I just went there and it isn't fixed.
Same here.

My point, to all this, is: Disney used to be about details big or small. Nothing passed through the works without a lot of dedicated concern...
:)

GREGOR
07-02-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket

My point, to all this, is: Disney used to be about details big or small. Nothing passed through the works without a lot of dedicated concern...
:)
You're so right, that's the whole point in a nutshell.:crying:
It's not a matter of being picky or geeky, we came to expect that level of commitment from them (and they were so good at it for many, many years) but now it seems to be gone.

Disney Nick
07-02-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GREGOR

It's not a matter of being picky or geeky
Hrm... maybe it's being a little geeky but oh well :)