PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Disneyland in December/January?

hippiemama
07-03-2007, 04:57 AM
We've always gone in the fall but I this this year Santa is bringing tickets to Disneyland for Christmas in a very big box.

Will the haunted mansion overlay still be up? Will small world be open? Is the water really cold? lol

Anything else I need to know about going 3 months later then usual? Anything new I've missed since last trip in November ?

You know you want to talk about it - lol - so tell me everything :)

Cnjp
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM
In past years, HMH has been up through the weekend of New Year's and It's A Small World Holiday a little longer than that. :)

Leap for Joy
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm betting/hoping that they'll leave the holiday decorations in place through the first week of January since New Years day is on Tuesday and many schools are still out. We'll be there Wednesday-Friday of that week!

IdahoMike
07-03-2007, 06:35 PM
We were there from Jan 1-8 this year, and the decor was up that whole first week, started coming down the day we left. I want to say HM closed on the 8th, but IASW stayed up longer, but I can't quite remember.

emmah
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I have been January the last couple of years - a week mid January (13-20) this year, and late january (23-29) the year before. Both times HM was closed to take down the overlay, and small world was still in holiday mode. all the decorations had been taken down except at small world. this year the weather was unbelievably cold (it snowed in LA when I was there!) and I got 'burned' after going on splash - it took half an hour to get back to the hotel to change and in the meantime the fronts of my legs came out in a horrible frost-burn rash. the year before, it wasn't that cold but it did rain on two days. neither year did i want to go on grizzly river rapids.

hippiemama
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
We usually do our trip end of October, beginning of November, but this year we're thinking Santa will be bringing us Disneyland Tickets for our big gift.
We're considering 12/27, 28 and 29. Is this insanity - it'll be crazy busy and too much so to enjoy?
Should we consider waiting for January 2, 3 and 4th instead? We do try to go midweek for smaller crowds, but during the break I'm guessing weekdays make no difference?
Or should I really push back and do Jan 7,8 and 9 for less huge crowds?

And.... We'd love your ideas for experiencing Disney that time of year. I've heard about the gingerbread men at the Blue Ribbon bakery, but are there other Christmas"y" things we should add to our list?

Thanks in advance for your help

barb

Malcon10t
07-29-2007, 03:55 PM
We usually do our trip end of October, beginning of November, but this year we're thinking Santa will be bringing us Disneyland Tickets for our big gift.
We're considering 12/27, 28 and 29. Is this insanity - it'll be crazy busy and too much so to enjoy?
Should we consider waiting for January 2, 3 and 4th instead? We do try to go midweek for smaller crowds, but during the break I'm guessing weekdays make no difference?
Or should I really push back and do Jan 7,8 and 9 for less huge crowds?

And.... We'd love your ideas for experiencing Disney that time of year. I've heard about the gingerbread men at the Blue Ribbon bakery, but are there other Christmas"y" things we should add to our list?

barbChristmas stuff will start coming down Jan 7th. If you are wanting to see all the holiday things/food, you need to plan it for before the 7th. The week of the 27-29 will be very busy. Rose Bowl attendees will be visiting prior to the bowl. (We will be there though! We enjoy the festivities.) You might consider Jan 2-4th to get smaller crowds and get the holiday benefits.

hippiemama
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
ah, ok - so 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 might be more do-able.

Any special holiday things we should make sure to do/see/eat? lol

Malcon10t
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Check out NOS, and the Courtyard of Angels. It is always gorgeous. The parade is great, I love it every year. The Believe fireworks. HMH, IASWH are both great. Candy Cane fudge. The Holiday tour. Pluto's Reindeer Roundup. In DCA, Santas Beach blast. Look for all the various small holiday decorations. I don't know if the Billy's will still be doing holiday routines then or not. (I loved their Christmas tree last year.)

stan4d_steph
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM

barbYour new thread has been merged with your previous thread on the same topic. Please see above for responses.

stan4d_steph
07-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Any special holiday things we should make sure to do/see/eat? lolDo a search on "Christmas" and you will find a lot of information.

Here's one recent example (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=74485&highlight=christmas).