PDA

View Full Version : First week in February? Anything to be aware of?

emmah
06-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Hi, I am just playing around with dates for my next trip and wondering about arriving friday feb 1st for a week. I have never been at that time of year before - it is usually early december or early january. But I really want to see HM without the holiday overlay (and small world, ditto) - it's been three years since I saw either. I have checked the last two years updates and can see that in terms of those two, the first week in february seems to be pretty safe. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Public holidays, that kind of thing?

many thanks:)

bathtubs
06-06-2007, 05:49 AM
We went this year the first 2 weeks of February. The first week was great no line ups walk on to every ride, but the second week it picked up quite a bit but still bearable. We have said that we will always go back that first week.

mommy-san
06-06-2007, 06:23 AM
That is when we go too- my birthday is january 31 so we plan our trips to be there for that. Amazing how un-busy it is. Everything is a virtual walk-on. Like you have the place to yourself. Except the weekends. That was really a big change is #'s.
And the weather is quite perfect too.

yenko427
06-06-2007, 06:46 AM
We were there too the end of Jan into first week of Feb. We will do so again this year. Also, they came out with AP rates for this time as well at least last year. We did not get in on it since we were already tied up in a package deal. I am hoping it will happen this year though.

emmah
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
thanks - that sounds like exactly what i am looking for. i am assuming that fireworks will only happen on the weekend so am planning to arrive friday morning to be sure i get to see those. does anyone know what the weather is typically like at that time? during my trip in january this year it was seriously cold and the fireworks were cancelled every night because of the wind - very disappointing - so i am hoping to avoid that too. anyway, thanks for the info!

disneyhound
06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
We were there too the end of Jan into first week of Feb. We will do so again this year...

Ditto! We plan our annual DL vacation at this time also. Don't forget, they have the "Everyone Plays at Kids Prices" deal going that time of year. Also, lots of the Good Neighbor hotels offer deals as well, like the "Stay Three Nights, get the Forth Night Free"!

The only drawback is that many times one or two "E" ticket rides can be down for re-furb. We have missed Splash Mtn at least 3 of the last 7 years! But, to be able to walk onto a lot of the attractions is great!! :p

emmah
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
D We have missed Splash Mtn at least 3 of the last 7 years! But, to be able to walk onto a lot of the attractions is great!! :p

Yes, it is an interesting trade-off. For about five years I didn't get to go on the matterhorn because it was always down on my visit. I might not be so disappointed about splash - i went on my visit in january, got soaking wet and suffered from something like frost bite in the time it took me to get back to the sheraton to change. it was so cold that my thighs and calves actually got 'burned' from the cold - a nasty scratchy rash it was too, which took weeks to heal. Anyway, what I really want to see is the HM (the last four years it has been in holiday format or closed to remove/set up the holiday overlay and I am hanging out to see the changes) and small world without the holiday overlay. Anyway, its something exciting to think about!!