PDA

View Full Version : Desert Inn and Suites

CaptainTom
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM
hey, just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites accross from the main enterance? anyone with any stories or experiences?

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
hey, just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites accross from the main enterance? anyone with any stories or experiences?

We've stayed there. We like it. Rooms are good sized, they are CLOSE, and I can usually get a great price. The breakfast is pastries. Not our cup of tea, but some like it.

Nancy
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
We don't care for it. It was removed from DLR good neighbor list.

Read the Hotel/Motel reviews on this site.

adriennek
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
At the top of this page, just beneath the MousePlanet logo is a row of links:

Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel

Click on User Reviews - Disneyland Resort - Hotels - Walking distance hotels east of the park, near the main gate

Desert Inn and Suites (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=desertinnandsuites) has 27 reviews.

ETA: You can also choose "Search this forum" on the Disneyland Forum Index page - I entered "Desert Suites" (Inn is too short of a word,) and I got many on-topic returns.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
t was removed from DLR good neighbor list.

Please be aware, quality has NOTHING to do with the Good Neighbor Hotels. Good Neighbor Hotels are simply those motels/hotels willing to assign a specific number of rooms to WDTC at a discounted rate. If it was quality, the Jolly Roger would have been off years ago.

Mrs Mouse
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
We stayed there during our trip last July, and are currently planning on staying there again this summer.

The rooms are very spacious and are really quite decent. They're nothing fancy, but if you're like us and spend the vast majority of the time in the parks then the Desert Inn will suit you just fine. The proximity to the gate definately can't be beat and the price is really decent as well.

Like others have stated, the breakfast really isn't much, but all of the rooms have fridges and microwaves, so there's ways around that. Plus, you're close to quite a few restaurants. Based on our experience, I would recommend staying there.