PDA

View Full Version : Closest hotel/airport [Port Canaveral Questions]

Karin
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
I have a friend who is going on a cruise that leaves from Port Canaveral.

She's wondering what's the best airport to fly into and what's the closest, nice hotel to stay in to get to the ship the next day.

Also, do any of the hotels in the area have a shuttle to the Port?

Lastly, what shuttle service would you suggest coming from the airport to the hotel?

TIA!

GusMan
05-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Is this for a DCL cruise or other?

When we did our DCL cruise, we stayed near the parks for the first night, since we were getting in late. We then went back to the airport to pick up the DCL bus to PC.

If it is not a DCL cruise, then see if the cruise line has such a service available.
Otherwise you can contact a limo service to see what their rates are as well.

This is a related thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=70094&highlight=orlando%2Fsanford) that contains names and links of services that may be of assistance.

Granted, there are many different ways to do this - this is just how I did mine in the past. There are also rental car and PC hotel options as well.

Hope that helps.

Chicago Wookiee
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM
We we took our recent cruise out of Port Canaveral both Carnival and Disney offered a shuttle from the Orlando airport the morning of the day that cruise departed.

We also got in a day early and went to MK for the day.

Karin
05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you both! Am I correct that the Orlando airport we all fly into for WDW is the closest to Port Canaveral, too?

GusMan
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Thank you both! Am I correct that the Orlando airport we all fly into for WDW is the closest to Port Canaveral, too?
I believe so.

Tony
05-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Yes, it is the closest major commercial airport. We will usually fly into MCO, spend the night in a hotel right nearby (Sheraton Suites), and then use a rental car or limo service to get to the port.

Karin
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks, Tony. I think they're trying to get as close as possible the night before so it's a short, inexpensive taxi ride the next day. I'll pass this info and suggestions along. Thanks, all!

cirquelover
05-10-2007, 10:38 AM
The Radisson at the port has a shuttle to take you to the ship.

munchkinsmom0003
05-10-2007, 07:05 PM
The Residence Inn at Port Canaveral also has a shuttle. I think it's six dollars a person, but I'm not sure.

NeilPage
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
We stayed at the Radisson both the day before and the day after our Disney cruise. We rented a car from the airport (MCO-Orlando, about 50 minutes from Port Canaveral), so we were able to cruise through Cocoa Beach and nearby areas. Radisson provides a free transport, so when we dropped off the car at National (about 10 minutes away), the van picked us up. They took us to the ship for free (free, except tips), and took us back to the National Car Rental after we checked-out to get a new car.
It was actually cheaper to rent a car one-way for 2 seperate days than to pay for the bus for 3 of us. I think it was like $80 total in car rental at National. And we also had the mobility to drive around the area.