PDA

View Full Version : Going for spring break! hints? suggestions?

lofosho
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for reading! I'm a freshman in college, and Disneyland is still my favorite place in the world. Most of my friends are going to Cancun, but me and my boyfriend are going to the happiest place on earth! I would love some hints or suggestions about what to do on our trip. My last visit was in August. Whats new? I am so excited about the year of the million dreams. Thanks to the kid's price deal, we're able to go for 3 days! :D I'm still worried about it being too expensive though. I've been washing dishes at my campus cafeteria to pay for it. What are the best deals for food? What is the rockin space mountain I've been reading about? And what should I look for to take advantage of the Year of the Million Dreams? Any secrets I should know about? As a disney buff I know most of them, but let me know anyway! Thanks so much for your time!

Oh! I'll be there April 5-7, and it's my 19th birthday! Any special ideas on how I should celebrate? I made dinner reservations at the blue bayou, and I've never eaten there before. I'm allergic to seafood, any suggestions on what I should order? Thanks!:D

lofosho
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Oh! and the disneyland website said that "professor barnaby owl" is closed for repairs. I've never even heard of that!

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh! and the disneyland website said that "professor barnaby owl" is closed for repairs. I've never even heard of that!

Its the photo part of Splash Mountain.

lofosho
03-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Its the photo part of Splash Mountain.

Thanks for the help! I guess it makes sense that it is closed, because splash mountain will be closed as well. Any more tips? Do you know from experience how crowded the park will be the weekend before easter? Thanks! :) :)

missm
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
We will be there that same time. Food wise if you want to save money I love the hamburgers and fries at Taste Pilots grill in DCA. (yes I know it's the same as all the other places) They have an awesome "fixings" bar with all sorts of toppings for the fries and burger. I think that the burger is waaay to much to eat myself so I always share it. You can always get free ice water by requesting it.

I like the monte cristo at BB but if you really want to save money then just get dessert there. Eat someplace cheaper (and usually better) earlier.

I hope you have fun.

Tinkermommy
03-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Do you know from experience how crowded the park will be the weekend before easter? Thanks! :) :)

I'd suggest you arrive early and expect big crowds. That's the "official" Spring Break for all of the elementary schools in my area.

Autopia Guy
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I think most So Cal schools go on break wither the week before or the week after, so, if you are going to around the weekend of easter, Id be expecting near sell-out crowds. Don't be expecting to get on more than about 8 or 9 rides in the day. Maybe after the fireworks it may empty out a bit and the lines may get shorter, but not for the bigger attractions. Space Mountain will most likely be 60 mins, more or less, all day.

So, overall, expect it to be crowded all day.

kdsmit07
03-22-2007, 11:36 PM
This is becoming a little heartbreaking for me. I was hoping for a little bit of a break from crowds, since the past 4 times I have been to Disneyland, is has been jam packed with people.

Although I have never been there whenever it has been sold out, that would just be nuts. In this case, fast passes wouldn't even be good, because they would run out fast. There will be no Fantasmic, which means no bottleneck in that area of the park. But 2 parades and fireworks. I got trapped last year in an area of the park I couldn't escape from because of the crowds, and it looks like I should head over to DCA every night and then whenever it closes, run over to DL and hope for the best.

Consitering this will be my first time, driving to CA, my first time going to DL with friends, and my first time going to DL without parents. This trip could be absolutely fantastic, or a complete disaster. I don't even know what to do. Man do I wish I planned this and not other inexperienced people.
Here is my daily schedule...

Wednesday 4th- Go to the beach, then drive into the Aneheim area and check into hotel (Aneheim Del Sol)
Thursday 5th- First day at the parks andprobably the only chance that we would have to ride everything.
Friday 6th- Day 2 at the parks
Saturday 7th- Day 3 at the parks and last day at the parks.
Sunday 8th EASTER- Drive home

I have no idea what I should do about a schedule or anything, and I hope that I don't get too claustrophobic.... I am a Disneyland Fanatic, and I do not want to lose all hope in having a good trip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FunAuntSherry
03-23-2007, 05:02 AM
^^ I've seen nothing but great reviews of RideMax and it sounds like your trip would surely benefit from it.

We're going the same week-earlier in the week-and crowds are NOT going to affect our trip. There will be crowds.... we're just not going to let it bother us.

Have fun - there's so much to see, experience, do - don't worry about the things you don't get to do. Just enjoy your time there, with your friends.

(I CAN'T WAIT!)

lofosho
03-23-2007, 09:37 AM
This is becoming a little heartbreaking for me. I was hoping for a little bit of a break from crowds, since the past 4 times I have been to Disneyland, is has been jam packed with people.

Although I have never been there whenever it has been sold out, that would just be nuts. In this case, fast passes wouldn't even be good, because they would run out fast. There will be no Fantasmic, which means no bottleneck in that area of the park. But 2 parades and fireworks. I got trapped last year in an area of the park I couldn't escape from because of the crowds, and it looks like I should head over to DCA every night and then whenever it closes, run over to DL and hope for the best.

Consitering this will be my first time, driving to CA, my first time going to DL with friends, and my first time going to DL without parents. This trip could be absolutely fantastic, or a complete disaster. I don't even know what to do. Man do I wish I planned this and not other inexperienced people.
Here is my daily schedule...

Wednesday 4th- Go to the beach, then drive into the Aneheim area and check into hotel (Aneheim Del Sol)
Thursday 5th- First day at the parks andprobably the only chance that we would have to ride everything.
Friday 6th- Day 2 at the parks
Saturday 7th- Day 3 at the parks and last day at the parks.
Sunday 8th EASTER- Drive home

I have no idea what I should do about a schedule or anything, and I hope that I don't get too claustrophobic.... I am a Disneyland Fanatic, and I do not want to lose all hope in having a good trip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be there the same days as you! My friends and I are thinking we'll have to do everything on Thursday because Saturday will be so packed. Esp. because Splash Mountain is closed!!

LostBoy02
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi there, my fiance and I are going around the same time as you and there will definetly be a crowd but if you work around it you wont even notice.

Even on a relatively slow day youre not going to get on all the rides. Talk to your B/F and figure out which attractions you HAVE to ride, which youd really like to ride, and the ones you arent to worried about. Make sure you get your 'have to' rides done when the park opens. I've never personally used RideMax but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

For us, People Watching is half the fun. Dont feel rushed and dont force yourselves to do things just for the sake of doing them. Take your time and soak in the atmosphere. You have 3 days to get through everything so remember to enjoy yourselves and relax! We also try to take breaks towards the middle of the day to avoid the tired irritablility that comes without rest. Also grab your fireworks seats EARLY. Make sure you take the time at least one of the three nights youre there, they really are spectacular.