PDA

View Full Version : When do characters leave?

covert
03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a plan to propose that would involve characters but I realized that that won't be possible if they've already left for the day. Is there a certain point of the day when you'll stop seeing characters around?

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
they leave on the desired time on the daily schedual

charpaul
03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
When you get to the park - GO TO CITY HALL (go to Guest Relations at DCA)and ask for a Character Schedule for that day. That will tell you where each character will be and at what time.
Some characters are not out all day... some are not available in both parks...
This list will tell you WHO is available - WHERE they are at - and WHEN you can find them in that area!!

geoffa
03-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Remember too that some charcaters not only do meet and greet but have to appear in parades, shows etc and nightime parades. Those guys can have a LONG day.

hlbtimes2
03-15-2007, 01:31 PM
It seems like we typically see them in the early part of the day, before about 2. Then again in the late evening after the parades and fireworks. Not a lot in the middle of the day.

Malcon10t
03-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a plan to propose that would involve characters but I realized that that won't be possible if they've already left for the day. Is there a certain point of the day when you'll stop seeing characters around?Characters arent out after dark, except in Fantsmic!

VickiC
03-15-2007, 06:14 PM
11am to 5pm seems to be the most "character rich" hours of the day.

Another Dimension
03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Characters arent out after dark, except in Fantsmic!

I've seen Mickey & Minnie dancing with Guests after F! many times at the Plaza Gardens and Tomorrowland Terrace stages.

I've also seen various members of the Fab 5 many times doing Meet & Greets right before park closing, in front of the Mad Hatter on Main St.

Minnie Mouse is quite accustomed to late Meet & Greets it seems, she leads the Guests into better lighting for their night pics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYEWe9By_-w

:)

potzbie
03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
If you sit and listen to the rock bands at Tomorrowland Terrace, the post-fireworks set (10:00 pm) will have Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, on stage with the band, live, as the set begins, as the stage rises.
Then the characters enter the dance floor for photo ops and dancing.

hlbtimes2
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Characters arent out after dark, except in Fantsmic!

I disagree. I seen many characters out, in town square, at night. Our last trip we saw Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale and Pluto all out right before closing.

covert
03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the replies everybody! This at least clears up whether there are still characters around at night. I hadn't even though of the fact that there is a boatload of them at Fantasmic! Seeing as how they need to stick around for the second showing I'm sure somebody will have some down time between showings.
I guess my next step will be calling guest services!

MrTomMorrow
03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Anyone know what the policy is on characters being out late at night?

I've seen Mickey and Minnie (in their special Year/Dreams costumes) late at 11 or 12 p.m. in Town Square for pictures and meet/greets. Do they bring the characters out when it's an extra-crowded day? Or if lines have been long at Mickey's House?

TribeFan
03-16-2007, 04:59 AM
So what is the plan that involves characters?

Malcon10t
03-16-2007, 05:09 AM
I disagree. I seen many characters out, in town square, at night. Our last trip we saw Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale and Pluto all out right before closing.I got to thinking about it and, yes, I have seen characters out at night too. I had read it was policy not to, then got to thinking it was WDW that does this. I know they opened the park one night to a group that has allergies to the sun, and it was a big deal about bringing characters out. The people commented they had taken the kids before at night, but they had never interacted with characters, as the policy is no characters at night.

someimagination
03-18-2007, 10:47 PM
After dark I've only seen most of the fab 5 down in Towns Sq... characters like the Princesses, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Alice, Peter, Wendy etc... don't normally go out for meet and greets after around 5-6pm.

The info board just at the end of Main Street can also be a good resource.. basically any CM that has access to a Park phone can dial a special character number to find out where a specific character will be appearing.