PDA

View Full Version : SHAG Merchandise in the parks

Disneynerd
03-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi!

Where in the park can I purchase SHAG merchandise? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Stupid_American
03-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Disneyana sells some.
Heading up Main Street, it's on the right, before you hit Market House.

kathynova
03-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Stupid question time...What's Shag merchandise? I have seen it referenced several times, and my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Andrew
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Stupid question time...What's Shag merchandise? I have seen it referenced several times, and my curiosity has gotten the best of me.
SHAG (http://www.shag.com/)

Vegitabeta
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
SHAG (http://www.shag.com/)
Why can't you see Disney stuff on there:confused:

tod
03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Why can't you see Disney stuff on there:confused:

You never could. They only mentioned the fact that he was commissioned to do '50s-retro images for the 50th anniversary.

Howerever, this site does answer the "Who is Shag?" question.

--t

Disneynerd
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Stupid question time...What's Shag merchandise? I have seen it referenced several times, and my curiosity has gotten the best of me.Not a stupid question! I should have clarified. Andrew's link summed it up, but in my interpretation it's disney art done in a very unique retro style. The artist's work can be found in paintings, prints, pins, platters, and handbags. They are normally very funky, hard to find items.

Another Dimension
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Shag has done a lot of cool art designs and LE things for Disneyland...
Many Retro-Disneyland's 50th merchandise and Enchanted Tiki Room Anniversary items that are really nice.

:)

Vegitabeta
03-10-2007, 03:41 AM
You never could. They only mentioned the fact that he was commissioned to do '50s-retro images for the 50th anniversary.

Howerever, this site does answer the "Who is Shag?" question.

--t
Yeah I know, I just wanted to see the Disney stuff:)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
03-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Last time I was there a TON of the SHAG 50th had landed at the Character Warehouses. The wood purses were there, and I picked up the Frontierland shirt for 15 bucks at the Las Vegas store.

IF you like, you can see THIS (http://www.copronason.com/shagweb/pages/027coolestghouls.htm) in our hallway. It's Disney related...

tod
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM
in my interpretation it's disney art done in a very unique retro style

What it is is retro art done in a very distinctive style by an artist named Josh Agle, who lopped off the outside letters in his name and came up with Shag. (JoSH AGle)

Shag has done a lot of cool art designs and LE things for Disneyland...
Many Retro-Disneyland's 50th merchandise and Enchanted Tiki Room Anniversary items that are really nice.

:)

Yes, but a lot of the retro images are not Shag. Not a problem, it's still pretty good stuff, but not The Real Thing. Most of the retro images on enamel pins, for example, are not Shag.

--t
[Confidential to TLMt: Very nice, dear, but now everybody's gonna want one and there were only 200 made... and you know what it took for us to get ours!]

awdfan
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one---is the Shag merchandise still available at the park? I kick myself for not buying certain things last Fall, so if I still have the opportunity I'd be so happy! Thanks!

stan4d_steph
05-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one---is the Shag merchandise still available at the park? I kick myself for not buying certain things last Fall, so if I still have the opportunity I'd be so happy! Thanks!I think pretty much everything has been sold off to the warehouse stores.

KDR
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I think pretty much everything has been sold off to the warehouse stores.

I'm pretty sure I saw some shirts in Disneyana last Sunday.