PDA

View Full Version : My trip plan

mickeyxminnie
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
yes stolen from justme but i just wanted to know any thoughs on my planned itinerary

23rd - arrive at 12:30pm pick up rental car drive to hotel in anaheim check in drop luggage and go do some driving siteseeing check out laguna beach newport beach (ehh yeah we have a massive oc fan coming with us.. we dont like that show.) go to the character warehouse and maybe a tiny bit of shoping.. any suggestions on things around these areas to check would be heaps helpful..

24th - drive to san diego for SeaWorld

25th - check out both disneyland and california adventure we arent in a hurry to get all the rides done.. just take in the atmosphere and have a sneek peak at all the things we want to do.. check out the parades and shows etc.

26th - disneyland with EE a little more planned ride time

27th - goofys kitchen for breakfast then off to california adventure prob disneyland later one if we get everything done.

28th - free day to drive around probably do hollywood, beverly hills, farmers market, venice beach, santa monica, stars homes, disney soda fountain

29th - knotts berry farm

30th - universal studios and city walk + check out hollywood at night

31st -Free day for shopping prob check out the block, anaheim plaza, the anaheim indoor marketplace etc

1st - head back to san diego and do the zoo

2nd - disneyland / cali again

3rd - free day again - unsure yet of exactly what we will do and then get to the airport about 6pm to leave for home :crying:

az_snow
03-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Your plan sounds great... and exciting! It will be very nice to have those breaks inbetween parks. Is this your first visit to CA?
I am a fan of The OC.. so sad that the show has ended. I'm fairly sure that the Newport Beach area that is depicted on tv isn't exactly like what it is in real life. I have been to Newport several times, and it didn't all look like that... at least the parts that I visited. The beach is nice though.
We leave for CA in 10 days, can't wait! We will be visiting a beach.. not sure what one yet. We want to visit one that has a Ruby's (a 50's themed diner) on the pier.
I hope you have a wonderful time :)

mickeyxminnie
03-01-2007, 05:28 AM
thanks heaps..
i have been to CA twice before in 96 and 05
my bf came with me in 05 and this time we are bringing his sister and her 2 kids with us.

Nancy
03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
When you go to Knotts, make reservations for their fried chicken dinner. The waiting list fills up fast and the chicken is quite good. (As I recall as it has been years since I've been there) Have a wonderful trip!!

yohomama212
03-01-2007, 06:49 AM
The Ruby's Diner is on the Balboa Pier. It's a nice area and usually quiet during the week (except for Spring Break and summer of course). I prefer Newport Beach and Pier, but I have a huge bias. DH and I had our engagement pics done there, it's so beautiful! There's a great resturant near the pier called Charlie's Chili. We take our dads there every year for Father's Day. Decent food, fun atmosphere, and nice people. And if you're interested in actually getting into the water, though I don't know how adviseable that really is this time of year, Newport has a short distance from the parking area to the water line. But beware, parking can be fierce if the beach is even remotely busy. During the summer, we park the truck at DH's office, nearly 10 blocks away, and walk to the beach cuz it's easier than fighting for a parking spot there! If you're in Balboa, check out the Fun Zone. They are fixing it up quite a bit from what I've heard, but if any parts are open, it's worth the trip!

For shopping, The Irvine Spectrum Center ("the Spectrum") can be an amusement park in and of itself! I really like shopping there or just hanging out with my mommy friends, it's really mellow and relaxing. The Block can get a bit noisy and crazy at night and I can't speak much for the stores there anymore, it's been a long time since I've been there (the last POTC release?!?). But with it's proximity to the parks and decent resturants, it's worth a trip if you're already interested.

In Hollywood, keep the kids close and your wallet closer. What you will see and experience there is far from the idealic movie mecca we've all be trained to believe in. I was there just a couple weeks ago and it still shocks me to see what I see! If you happen by the Pantages Theater, look about a block to the right of the entrance and back towards the mountains, it's the Hollywood Tower Hotel!!!!! Really, I wouldn't suggest staying in Holllywood too much past sunset, but that's just my two cents.

Liz :cool:

samsma
03-01-2007, 07:01 AM
We go to the Ruby's on the end of the Huntington beach pier! It sits over the ocean and has big windows! The only bad thing I've found is that when it is hot and sunny out,it gets very warm, and not much air circulating! Never been to any other location, but I love the one at Huntington Beach.

mickeyxminnie
03-02-2007, 02:53 AM
we stayed in hollywood at the holiday inn 2 years ago.. it wasnt too bad.. a whole lot better than when i was there 9 years earlier.. they have cleaned the hollywood highland area alot.

but thanks for all the tips and warnings its much appreciated..

kikid
03-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Your plan sounds great... and exciting! It will be very nice to have those breaks inbetween parks. Is this your first visit to CA?
I am a fan of The OC.. so sad that the show has ended. I'm fairly sure that the Newport Beach area that is depicted on tv isn't exactly like what it is in real life. I have been to Newport several times, and it didn't all look like that... at least the parts that I visited. The beach is nice though.
We leave for CA in 10 days, can't wait! We will be visiting a beach.. not sure what one yet. We want to visit one that has a Ruby's (a 50's themed diner) on the pier.
I hope you have a wonderful time :)
Actually the area in Newport used for fllming the OC is called "Newport Coast". This is a relatively new area between Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach. The houses are more cookie cutter-Mc Mansions.
Try the Beachcomber Cafe' at Crystal Cove State Park. It's right in the hub of the "OC". You can park on the west side of PCH and walk under the bridge to the beach. You will always find a wait about an hour long, but you can walk the beach and enjoy the surf! Wonderful breakfast...